McLaren MP4-12C vol. Engine Sex

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

i doubt most people in this thread have the neck strength to drive an F1 car.Maybe
At low speeds like Richard Hammond in Top Gear maybe a few laps, but full speed in a track like suzuka....

i doubt most people in this thread have the neck strength to drive an F1 car.Maybe
At low speeds like Richard Hammond in Top Gear maybe a few laps, but full speed in a track like suzuka....

i doubt most people in this thread world have the neck strength to drive an F1 car.
People say racing drivers aren't athletes... debatable.  But you certainly have to be very athletic/strong to drive any F1 car.  
ddouble wrote:
 Speaking of F1, Lewis needs to win this year with the MP4-26. I won't be able to take another year of Red Bull winning again.

I know it's still early-days, but after the testing over the weekend all the signs are pointing towards the RB7 to be the leading the rest.  The F150 is also up there, while the 26 has been having some issues.  Hopefully we'll get a better indicator of how everyone's doing after the Barca test.  

i doubt most people in this thread world have the neck strength to drive an F1 car.
People say racing drivers aren't athletes... debatable.  But you certainly have to be very athletic/strong to drive any F1 car.  
ddouble wrote:
 Speaking of F1, Lewis needs to win this year with the MP4-26. I won't be able to take another year of Red Bull winning again.

I know it's still early-days, but after the testing over the weekend all the signs are pointing towards the RB7 to be the leading the rest.  The F150 is also up there, while the 26 has been having some issues.  Hopefully we'll get a better indicator of how everyone's doing after the Barca test.  

Originally Posted by SinnerP

ddouble wrote:
Yea I'm still optimistic. I think it's because they brought so many exhausts to test so we don't know what the car can do once it's being setup right but even still, Jenson had a good stint yesterday.

ddouble wrote:
Yea I'm still optimistic. I think it's because they brought so many exhausts to test so we don't know what the car can do once it's being setup right but even still, Jenson had a good stint yesterday.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

frown.gif
i wish i was a F1 driver.
Or you can become a automotive journalist...
either way, i just want to be able to test drive cars, pop bottles with models in dubai, hit the ferrari theme park.  you know that kind of life.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

frown.gif
i wish i was a F1 driver.
Or you can become a automotive journalist...
either way, i just want to be able to test drive cars, pop bottles with models in dubai, hit the ferrari theme park.  you know that kind of life.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ddouble

oh yeah for sure. but we all remember how that ended up... i don't think he even finished a lap in the renault f1 car did he? i remember him not being able to go fast enough to warm up the tires, and as a result he kept spinning out
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ddouble

oh yeah for sure. but we all remember how that ended up... i don't think he even finished a lap in the renault f1 car did he? i remember him not being able to go fast enough to warm up the tires, and as a result he kept spinning out
laugh.gif

^ Yeah it was a combination of things, if I remember correctly. He was going as fast as he could, but still wasn't fast enough to generate enough heat in the tires and brakes. If your tires and brakes aren't hot enough, you can't go fast... haha.

^ Yeah it was a combination of things, if I remember correctly. He was going as fast as he could, but still wasn't fast enough to generate enough heat in the tires and brakes. If your tires and brakes aren't hot enough, you can't go fast... haha.

sup. sinnerp. Logged in for the first time in ages for this thread. As far as MP4-12C, absolutely worth it. I've had cockpit time in pretty much everything, and in that price point, DEFINITELY well worth it. Can only imagine what the upcoming versions and eventual "F1 replacement" will bring...well, not entirely imagine
wink.gif
As far as F1 car around Eau Rouge, it's beyond description. And this is just earlier 2000's stuff I'm talking about. Can't wait for the MP4-23 to be considered old enough to no longer be restricted and able to run freely. Will be an exciting time for sure...

sup. sinnerp. Logged in for the first time in ages for this thread. As far as MP4-12C, absolutely worth it. I've had cockpit time in pretty much everything, and in that price point, DEFINITELY well worth it. Can only imagine what the upcoming versions and eventual "F1 replacement" will bring...well, not entirely imagine
wink.gif
As far as F1 car around Eau Rouge, it's beyond description. And this is just earlier 2000's stuff I'm talking about. Can't wait for the MP4-23 to be considered old enough to no longer be restricted and able to run freely. Will be an exciting time for sure...

Originally Posted by curt2121

wink.gif

MP4-23 is also my favourite but what do you mean old enough to be run freely?
Also what other tracks have you been too? I'm looking to go to Silverstone next year.

Reviews for the MP4-12c are coming pouring in.
Into the distance in short order is where. The McLaren does 62mph in 3.3sec (or 3.1sec with the optional sticky Pirelli Corsa rubber) and the Ferrari 3.4sec. But by the time they get to 124mph (200km/h), the 12C has pulled out a 1.3sec (1.5sec on the Corsas) lead, claims McLaren.

On the road though, the gap feels even greater. Don’t get us wrong, the Ferrari 458 is a stupendously quick car, but the McLaren’s kick in the back comes in so much lower down that it feels more urgent on the road when you see a gap and just need to stomp on the right pedal.

Originally Posted by curt2121

wink.gif

MP4-23 is also my favourite but what do you mean old enough to be run freely?
Also what other tracks have you been too? I'm looking to go to Silverstone next year.

Reviews for the MP4-12c are coming pouring in.
Into the distance in short order is where. The McLaren does 62mph in 3.3sec (or 3.1sec with the optional sticky Pirelli Corsa rubber) and the Ferrari 3.4sec. But by the time they get to 124mph (200km/h), the 12C has pulled out a 1.3sec (1.5sec on the Corsas) lead, claims McLaren.

On the road though, the gap feels even greater. Don’t get us wrong, the Ferrari 458 is a stupendously quick car, but the McLaren’s kick in the back comes in so much lower down that it feels more urgent on the road when you see a gap and just need to stomp on the right pedal.

Back
Top Bottom