MAVERICKS VERSUS HORNETS GAME TWO: TUESDAY, 7 PM EST (TNT).

SMH.....Brandon "the animal" Bass is the only one playing with heart....down 2 - 0, we've been there before and won, I expect the same.

Yeahh hoorayy!! I can actually celebrate one team's success since the Rockets aren't winning.. I do see this series turning into a 7 game seriesthough.. The Mavs will probably win the next game... It'll be 2-1... All I hope is NO steals one in Dallas

GO Hornets!!

Barkley needs to stop saying we're going to win.
laugh.gif
It's like everytime he says that, we lose or get blown out and lose.
smh.gif

frown.gif
I don't know what to say anymore, seems like they're just not there anymore.
smh.gif
Josh, Stack, and Kidd need to show up the rest of the series or elsewe're really going home.
smh.gif

SOMEONE needs to HOLD CHRIS PAUL!
mad.gif
These damn Hornets are making everything they put up, word to Warriors last playoffs.
smh.gif

Anyone think we're trading off J-Ho in the off season? What about Kidd?
smh.gif

We need another center to help out Dampier, cause Allen and Juwan ain't gonna cut it. I HATE JUWAN HOWARD, MALIK ALLEN, DEAVEN GEORGE, AND EDDIE JONES!
mad.gif

Good luck trading Kidd, no one is going to take on his salary, the Mavs are stuck with him. I think this series shows how bad Dallas misses Devin Harris. I canseriously see Mark Cuban firing Avery and trying to trade everyone not named Dirk this off-season if/when the Mavs lose this serious. If the Mavs somehow getswept then no one is safe.

smh.gif
I'd trade everyone else off not named Dirk, J-Ho, Terry, and Bass.

Eh, yeah looks like we're stuck with Kidd. We need a center.
frown.gif
I want Al Jefferson.
laugh.gif

What's your input AirJapan21? Who do ya think is leaving? (Yes, it's kinda early).

I said in the Houston-Utah thread... T-Mac to Dallas for Josh and Dampier.
smile.gif

Mac, Dirk, and Kidd.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

Good luck trading Kidd, no one is going to take on his salary, the Mavs are stuck with him. I think this series shows how bad Dallas misses Devin Harris. I can seriously see Mark Cuban firing Avery and trying to trade everyone not named Dirk this off-season if/when the Mavs lose this serious. If the Mavs somehow get swept then no one is safe.

J.Kidd is a 20 million dollar expiring contract any team that wants cap space will be interested(see the Lakers getting Gasol for a bum)

This is what I would do.

First fire Avery. He has lost the team. Hire Larry Brown or Del Harris.
Trade Josh for a legitimate second option that can score consistently. It's probably going to have to be a knuclehead but at this point we haveno choice. I would take Artest or J-Rich, maybe even Michael Redd because I think Skiles and Redd ain't gonna mesh and best case I would take GeraldWallace

If you trade Josh for one of the above options then go grab Josh Chiklress. He's a Marion starter kit all the way down to the ugly shot. Hopefully Atlantadoesn't want to resign him.

I bring back Diop to back up Damp as well. Tell him we are sorry that Avery went dumb and didn't play him anymore.

And if none of that works then I say eff it and trade Kidd's contract for Jermaine O'Neal and hope he isn't a Chris Webber sequel even though Ithink he is at this point.

Good luck trading Kidd, no one is going to take on his salary, the Mavs are stuck with him. I think this series shows how bad Dallas misses Devin Harris.
laugh.gif
The hell is your point? His 20 million dollar contract expires after next season.

And what difference does Devin Harris make in this series? People jump at the chance to dog the Mavs for that trade, but Devin Harris does not make theMavericks any better than they are right now.
dallas fans don't kid yourself..this series is over in 5..
Who in this thread is kidding themselves?
eyes.gif

This is the point in the series where Avery has to try something different... I'd go Kidd/Stack/Josh/Bass/Dirk, bring Dampier off the bench, and giveAntoine Wright some minutes on Chris Paul... Eddie Jones shouldn't play another minute in this series.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Good luck trading Kidd, no one is going to take on his salary, the Mavs are stuck with him. I think this series shows how bad Dallas misses Devin Harris.
laugh.gif
The hell is your point? His 20 million dollar contract expires after next season.

And what difference does Devin Harris make in this series? People jump at the chance to dog the Mavs for that trade, but Devin Harris does not make the Mavericks any better than they are right now.
dallas fans don't kid yourself..this series is over in 5..
Who in this thread is kidding themselves?
eyes.gif

This is the point in the series where Avery has to try something different... I'd go Kidd/Stack/Josh/Bass/Dirk, bring Dampier off the bench, and give Antoine Wright some minutes on Chris Paul... Eddie Jones shouldn't play another minute in this series.

I would go Kidd, Josh, Bass, Dirk, Damp. Hide Dirk on Mo Pete and I actually don't think Kidd on Peja was that bad of a match up he got a lot of looksin transition.

Mavs looking HORRIBLE for mortgaging their future.

You mean to tell me Devin Harris can't give you 7 points and 8 assists?

At least he's quick enough to stick CP3

smh.gif
@ Cuban

This is what I would do.
First fire Avery. He has lost the team. Hire Larry Brown or Del Harris.

Trade Josh for a legitimate second option that can score consistently. It's probably going to have to be a knuclehead but at this point we have no choice. I would take Artest or J-Rich, maybe even Michael Redd because I think Skiles and Redd ain't gonna mesh and best case I would take Gerald Wallace

If you trade Josh for one of the above options then go grab Josh Chiklress. He's a Marion starter kit all the way down to the ugly shot. Hopefully Atlanta doesn't want to resign him.

I bring back Diop to back up Damp as well. Tell him we are sorry that Avery went dumb and didn't play him anymore.

And if none of that works then I say eff it and trade Kidd's contract for Jermaine O'Neal and hope he isn't a Chris Webber sequel even though I think he is at this point.
If it came down to all that, I'd really rather just blow the thing up. I see no reason to try and rework the roster around this core again anddelay the inevitable another year or two...

A choke job in the Finals + back-to-back First round exits = Clean house. And that means everyone. Dirk included.
smh.gif
tired.gif
Mavs looking HORRIBLE for mortgaging their future.
The team had to win now. They took a chance and it hasn't/didn't work out...

Devin Harris doesn't make this team any more a championship contender than it is right now.

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

SHUGES,
laugh.gif
HELL NAW, I DO NOT want T-Mac on the Mavs.
Really?
laugh.gif

I just think that Josh is done there. His trade value is pretty good right now. And the Mavs need to be broken up (if they lose this series). Josh will be thefirst to go (certainly not Dirk and no one will take Kidd with that salary). If Josh went to Houston he'd be the "man" on that squad. And T-Macin Dallas wouldn't have to worry about having to carry the load (since that would be Dirk's job). T-Mac, Kidd, and Dirk would be a tough trio to dealwith.

T-Mac, Kidd, and Dirk would be a tough trio to deal with.
But where do you pull the contracts from to get the thing done? It'd have to be like JHo and one of Stack/Terry for McGrady...

And Dallas still wouldn't be able to defend the paint... If they did that, maybe they get lucky and a guy like Jermaine O'Neal takes the MLE for acouple of years to take a shot at a ring...

But I still say blow it up and rebuild.

^
See, now you're getting creative. JO for the MLE might be a decent move... But I personally think JO is done.

And no way they blow up and rebuild. NO WAY.

Kidd would have to be dealt b/c you know he wants no part in starting from scratch. And like I said before, who's gonna take Kidd and that contract?

Also, Cuban is all about that loot. I doubt he'd try to lower the franchise's value by opting to rebuild.

Josh and JET are definitely gone imo though. Avery might be as well.

Also, Cuban is all about that loot. I doubt he'd try to lower the franchise's value by opting to rebuild.
But what is he going to do? He's gonna have to do it sooner or later. Every franchise does. He's not about to sell anytime soon anyways,and fans aren't going to be excited about going into next year with the same crap that got their **%+* handed to them in the playoffs 3 straight years.I'd rather see a rebuilding job...
And like I said before, who's gonna take Kidd and that contract?
Eh, but Kidd expires after next year, so you might get someone to take him if they can match salaries and make it work. And if not, tell him todeal with it. He wanted to come here, but it didn't work out. If he wants to piss and moan, buy him out. It's really not a big deal to dump him one wayor another.

Back
Top Bottom