MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
THE DEFENDERS Is Marvel And Netflix's Least-Watched Series So Far

Earlier today, we learned that Inhumans has more than likely been cancelled before the first season has even aired and it's now been revealed that The Defenders is struggling on Netflix. That can't be a result the online streaming service is happy with, especially as the spinoff was supposed to be the crown jewel of these Marvel shows after the launch of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist.

According to Variety, the eight-episode miniseries has received just 17% of the viewership Daredevilseason two received in its first thirty days. It's also way behind the other Marvel shows on Netflix and The Defenders also had the largest week over week drop in terms of viewers too as it declined by 67%, 48%, and 41% over the first few weeks of streaming. That's obviously not a good result for anyone!

I hate myself for finishing the series. Hopefully his Indian friend kills him and takes over as if.

Idk what else could have caused the drop off then.

The marketing was done right.

Returning characters that people liked from the other shows (excluding IF).

First time seeing them all team up.

This was basically the Avengers of the Netflix universe (I know they are "connected" to the MCU).

qombxRn.gif

I'm stunned Defenders has less viewers than Iron Fist. I don't even grasp how that can happen.

No. Because IF has the highest rating out of all of the Netflix mcu shows. It was the lack of hype for it. Punisher will make up for it

I'm saying, it probably lacked hype because of Iron Fist.

Yes, a lot of ppl came out to watch Iron Fist. Myself included. But finishing that show kind of took the wind out of my sails.

I remember weeks before the Defenders I wasn't as excited as I should've been.

There was probably a lot of ppl who felt the same way

I'm saying, it probably lacked hype because of Iron Fist.

Yes, a lot of ppl came out to watch Iron Fist. Myself included. But finishing that show kind of took the wind out of my sails.

I remember weeks before the Defenders I wasn't as excited as I should've been.

There was probably a lot of ppl who felt the same way
This logic doesnt make sense.

IM3 was a bad IM movie that did a billi. That did not in turn stop AoU from doing a billi.

I'm also not understanding the reasoning that every person that watched IF to make it the most watched marvel netflix series felt it was bad yet still watched the entire thing and that concludes with Defenders not doing well.

There's going to be a IF s2 probably coming out this time next year. If that too becomes a heavily viewed series what's the excuse?

I finished it to see if it got better but it didn't. I also wanted to finish the story in preparation for defenders. I can see people watching it and thought it sucked and wanting a break from the marvel netflix stuff. Fatigue or whatever or just waiting to watch it later.

Iron Man 3 was a terrible movie but at that point rdj had the Tony Stark character nailed for three movies. It was also following up Avengers 1.

As for IF I would a lot of ppl agree that the man might've been mis-cast

IF just never sold the Defenders series, it didn't end on a high note or any cliff hangers that got you interested in the Defenders.

If anything, the show made the Corporate Hand weaker and it really waned my interest in the Defenders show.

And guess what, it was as bad as expected if not worse.

Back
Top Bottom