Martin Luther King Jr. appreciation post Vol. The NT banner is up

Luther_King-dream-l.jpg

pimp.gif

lol jumping the gun a bit? RIP.....amazing amazing amazing man. Any of ya'll see his birth house in Atlanta??? Kinda representative of reality..only hishouse is a historical site...the rest of the street is ghetto, low rent, and beat up. Weird that they do tours in his house, then you walk outside his houseand see drug dealers, etc.

MLK is appreciated, however, I think we should have a holiday where we rotate celebrating different individuals vs the same one every year because honestly,how will we progress and learn if we teach the same thing every year? I understand there's a Black History Month, but I'm not talking about just BlackHistory, I'm speaking in terms of historians, period. There are a TON of other important figures that I think our society would benefit from knowing aboutother than Christopher Columbus, MLK, etc. We need one day that we rotate different figures every year. After a certain point, it becomes a cliche inculture/tradition.

Nikola Tesla, anyone? Write Brothers?

"it is not the words of your enemies that you will remember, but the silence of your friends"

-MLK Jr.

my favorite qutoe by him. thinkabout it.

Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.

I want to be the white man's brother, not his brother-in-law.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge andcontroversy.

Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is theinterrelated structure of reality.
pimp.gif

I don't subscribe to his ideas on spirituality but rather his dedication to preserving peace and condemning hatred, violence and socialinjustices.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality.
pimp.gif
That's a nice one
pimp.gif

he was certainly a monumental figure in history and should be commended for his work ... but MLK the person was an +*$ hole ...

Bobby Seale recently spoke at my school in honor of Dr. King and how seeing MLK (and Malcolm X) speak influenced him to organize the black panthers with Huey PNewton....

It was a great experience listening to Mr. Seale speak.....inspiring actually....he provided a lot of insight, and was cool as hell also
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

he was certainly a monumental figure in history and should be commended for his work ... but MLK the person was an +*$ hole ...

Heh I wouldn't go as far as to call him an a-hole but he was verrrry promiscuous while married.

Appreciated! Dr. King was my aspiration throughout my elementary and early middle school years. At some point in middle school that aspiration was lost. Ibecame rebellious and no longer believed his dream was possible. I had more of a 2pac mind-set around at this point. But today, we need a leader like Dr. King,someone who believes in peace, equality, and togetherness. Today, even with all the negative things going on in the world, I have a positive mind-set. I againbelieve and hope that Dr. Kings' dream can someday come true.

Originally Posted by SEAN C0MBS

Martin Luther King Jr. appreciation post Vol. where's the NT banner?

Maybe they will put it up tomorrow....you know.....on MLK day.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

MLK is appreciated, however, I think we should have a holiday where we rotate celebrating different individuals vs the same one every year because honestly, how will we progress and learn if we teach the same thing every year? I understand there's a Black History Month, but I'm not talking about just Black History, I'm speaking in terms of historians, period. There are a TON of other important figures that I think our society would benefit from knowing about other than Christopher Columbus, MLK, etc. We need one day that we rotate different figures every year. After a certain point, it becomes a cliche in culture/tradition.

Nikola Tesla, anyone? Write Brothers?
Agreed, and i watch a documentary on Nikola Tesla. <Dude was a huge impact on our world.

M.L.K, Malcolm X, George Carver, Ben Carson, Thelonius Monk, Richard Pryor, fredrick douglass, rosa parks, harriet tubman.... just to name some notable figure,many more people im glad to be blessed by that had to endure so much pain for me just to be treat equally & to progress.

I always keep this quote in my head

Without struggle there is no progress-FD

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.

I want to be the white man's brother, not his brother-in-law.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality.
pimp.gif

I don't subscribe to his ideas on spirituality but rather his dedication to preserving peace and condemning hatred, violence and social injustices.
pimp.gif

yeah whatever

Respect due to the legacy of this leader....I have unlimited thanks for the man that made it possible for me to work in the same places and earn the same moneyas my white counterparts.

MLK =
glasses.gif

puts a smile on my face when i sit back and recognize what he has actually done..

smh @ myself that i only do it on one monday out of the year, though....

god blessed us w/ a black man that said no to violence and was able to get his message across to millions...

thank you, Martin Luther King, Jr... you are always appreciated.

As someone in an interracial marriage I am and will always be grateful for the accomplishments of MLK. I often wonder what kind of society would we live inwithout the heroic fight he led against segregation and for equal rights; I am sure I would not want to live in a country where am not allowed to be with thelove of my life based on color! Thank you MLK, you are appreciated!!!

I'm very grateful for what he has done not only for my people, but for the world.

Appreciated.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom