Marlon Wayans & Lord Jamar Twitter beef over Omar Epps rocking a leather mini Skirt

I think the bigger issue is, when is it to old to be 'trendy'. Omar like 45 trying to keep up with the latest..

And the Scottish Rite, wear straight skirts/kilts....

View media item 848546
View media item 848548

Coincidence? Nope.

View media item 848550
View media item 848551
View media item 848553
View media item 848555

A lot of Prince Hall inductees are tied together in a line, trotted out to the public and forced to dress like women as an initiation to prove how much they want to join.

You can see them every year on 125th St on Harlem.

To the scottish people's defense, they were choppin' heads off though word to Braveheart and Highlander...

from a fashion standpoint, it looks def outta place, downright foolish imo. im not about that life. from a cultural standpoint, if that is part of your ethnic traditional wardrobe then by all means. the tribesmen in the amazon aren't feminine because they wear...well damn near nothing but sometimes it looks skirtish. point is these dudes are more G than this lord jamar, what with navigating a deadly ******* rain forest with nothing more than a bad haircut, blowdart, and primitive bow n arrows.

everytime i hear of this lord jamar, he's always hatin on another dude for feminization. well who made this dude the al sharpton for all black men or something? im not cosigning the look, but what makes lord j qualified to speak for black men everywhere?

first it was mister cee, what with "we can't really have any of that madness, that femininity in hip hop". ok...aight. i see you. but then again a lot of wat rap has become today has been degrading women, and cosigning the street life, that violent life, where dudes are talkin about either you be about that life, or you ain't ****. like is that message really what the black community, especially youngsters, need to be eatin these days?

you don't want that femininity in hip hop but don't care to criticize the message many rappers are sending these days. i can't wrap my head around this logic.

now granted, rap is entertainment. ie. rick ross, as fake and ignorant as he can be, is just selling entertainment. if people are buying it, then who can blame him for not changing up the status quo? my friend told me only idiots take this music for more than what it is...and that is entertainment.

i wonder what j cole, and nas would say to that...

and one more thing. lord jamar spits hate on macklemore winning mad grammys....macklemore IS a rapper and yes kdot's album was infinitely better, but who gives a ****? nas hasn't won a single grammy, i could care less about that award. thats eternal disrespect to a Legend. and yes the L needs to be in caps. so **** the grammys.

lord jamar seem like the type of dude who'd get extra butt hurt over everything that is the Dressing Better thread. not everyone is about that white tee, and jimmy jazz life. WDYWT thread is that way >>>>

Lord Jamar, with all due respect to his brand nubian legacy...

bj10f.gif

Last edited:
Dudes not knowing who Lord Jamar is? 
mean.gif

Men in leather skirts? 

Where is Undercover Brother to make sense of all this?

Dudes not knowing who Lord Jamar is? :smh:

Men in leather skirts? 

I could care less about Jamar in 2014 he's clown status.
Q looks stupid with apron/skirt on.
Let people wear what they want

I don't think he's far off. And it's not too out of wack to not know who Lord Jamar is considering he's identified with a group, and who's popularity fell 20 years ago.

So if Jay-Z gave the same opinion that Lord Jamar did, would it be ok?

I don't see why relevancy has anything to do what was stated.

So Charles Barkley or Jalen Rose can't give their opinion on basketball? Only people playing today can give their opinion?

And last time I checked, Twitter was a place to give your opinion. As are message boards.

I don't think he's far off. And it's not too out of wack to not know who Lord Jamar is considering he's identified with a group, and who's popularity fell 20 years ago.

+ He's the least noteworthy rapper from the group, but the people who agree with him want to act like he's a luminary in the Hip-Hop world.

So if Jay-Z gave the same opinion that Lord Jamar did, would it be ok?

I don't see why relevancy has anything to do what was stated.

So Charles Barkley or Jalen Rose can't give their opinion on basketball? Only people playing today can give their opinion?

And last time I checked, Twitter was a place to give your opinion. As are message boards.

Ah thanks bro did know that.

Repped.

I think the bigger issue is, when is it to old to be 'trendy'. Omar like 45 trying to keep up with the latest..
Even though I don't agree with this "trend", age should never be a factor in what you feel comfortable in...
If you are a "jeans and tshirt" dude or a " suited and booted" dude, live your life the way you see fit...

+ He's the least noteworthy rapper from the group, but the people who agree with him want to act like he's a luminary in the Hip-Hop world.

I think its mostly a respect thing. No one is saying he's the best MC in the world but he has cemented himself in hip hop history even though he's a group.

But on the flip side, he really is the least noteworthy. If it was Sadat X or Puba, I'd be more inclined to defend. Actually, I really like Omar Epps too. Eh.....whatever.

Even though I don't agree with this "trend", age should never be a factor in what you feel comfortable in...
If you are a "jeans and tshirt" dude or a " suited and booted" dude, live your life the way you see fit...

Personally, I've no respect for a 40+ year old who follows trends. At some point I expect you to figure out who you are and not have to change every season. Following trends is a sign that you don't know who you are; which is cool when you're 21, but I expect a forty two year old to figure that ish out.

Idk, ill never understand this 2014 mentality, it's weird and confusing 'out with the old in with the new' ....to me, if it aint broke, no need to fix it.

Not really, but ok...
He not tryna stay relevant?

Why the **** he doing this then? To enlighten the youth? To uplift the culture? He talking reckless for shock value.

Dudes not knowing who Lord Jamar is? 
mean.gif

Men in leather skirts? 

I could care less about Jamar in 2014 he's clown status.
Q looks stupid with apron/skirt on.
Let people wear what they want
NT has a habit of dismissing anyone they aren't familiar with that's "old and irrelevant" if the name isn't fed to them by any current rapper. All I'm saying is, don't be so dismissive of someone (no matter how outrageous you think their opinion is) without doing some personal research. It's lazy to have that mentality. I don't agree with all of Lord Jamar's viewpoints, but he has a place in hip hop (whether you are aware of it or not) and I don't think he's voicing his opinion to stay relevant in hip hop at all. Y'all act like no one can have a dissenting opinion on anything going on these days. It's actually sad. 

Last edited:
Personally, I've no respect for a 40+ year old who follows trends. At some point I expect you to figure out who you are and not have to change every season. Following trends is a sign that you don't know who you are; which is cool when you're 21, but I expect a forty two year old to figure that ish out.

Idk, ill never understand this 2014 mentality, it's weird and confusing 'out with the old in with the new' ....to me, if it aint broke, no need to fix it.
I agree with you on following "trends", what I am saying is if you dress casual or "GQ", your mentality is the only factor I care about. Your age and dress doesn't determine your outlook or maturity level in life...
No way do I condone this "high fashion" streetwear,lol, but I will be damned for somebody who doesn't pay my bills to tell me how I should dress at a certain age...
Your style should always be versatile but also should fit your personality and what you feel comfortable in( I think we agree on this) but this jeggings, ultra skinny jeans and skirt thing is just not the business and that much(once again I agree with you on)...

Back
Top Bottom