*MARCH* Release Dates - Major Chains

Well if the Flip IIIs are going to be a general release, I know for sure I wont buy them now. The funny thing is, the only reason I would have bought them was because I thought they weren't going to be a GR. I don't think they look that great.
COMING SOON: B.L.A.C.K. Inc.​
FS: Air Jordan XXI White/Metallic Silver sz 10.5, 11. Air Jordan XXI Grey Suede sz 8.5, 6.5Y. Air Jordan IV Cool Grey sz 10.5​

^^^^^^^so you buy things based on how limited they are? SMH

SMH @ $250, ill pass. The markup is just too crazy in this country.

looking for the following in a size 12/13 - Hawaii Dunks, Black Spizike's

^^^^
Yeah, I'm the type of person that likes to buy things that not too many people have.

I never said that I thought the Flips looked great when I thought they weren't a general release. I was saying that now that I know they're a general release I wouldn't go out of my way to bother to buy them right away. The only IIIs I'm worried about right now are the CGs.

For those of you who like them; that's great, to each their own.

ex. I made sure I bought red suede 21s before any other 21 pick-up because I know I could have gotten the GRs any other time.
FS: Air Jordan XXI White/Metallic Silver sz 10.5, 11. Air Jordan XXI Grey Suede sz 8.5, 6.5Y. Air Jordan IV Cool Grey sz 10.5​

I believe the FLIP 3s will be $240 (Unless US retail price changes in the next couple weeks) and the Fire Reds will infact be $190..

I hope people REALIZE that Nike/Nike Canada is making strides to offer prices that reflect more current USD/CDN $ exchange rates.

ie. 2001 Jordan XI $125 USD vs. $200 CDN.
2007 Jordan 3 $125 USD vs. $190 CDN.

Its only $10, but its still something..

As for the Harbor Blue WMNS 3s, yes as far as I know they are still releasing on the 24th, however, it does not seem that FTL/CHA are scheduled to receive them. Call GDFT, I believe they might have them for sale on the 24th.

Sorry CEO, I still don't believe that it's the "current" US/CDN exchange rate...

US$1 = C$1.18 - C$1.20

US$125 = C$147.50 - C$150

While C$190 = US$125 x 1.52FOR SALE AF1 Priority Philippines Inside/Out sz 9 DSLOOKING FOR Lebron SVSMs sz 9 - 10 DSdOubleO @ gmail . com (just remove the spaces)

^he was just saying that it reflects** the current US/CDN exchange. He's just poiting out that Nike is trying to reflect it. There is no way that it will be the current exchange rate (or a close deviation from it), and I think you know that. But if it's a 32cents per dollar difference, 32% is a around right. IIRC, the duties that customs can charge rangers from somwewehre around 15 - 30% (I realize duties might/are different for imports and what not), but it's getting there.
formerly shoeWUfreak

^ The highest I've paid for duties is 18% and that doesn't include the PST/GST...

So if Nike Canada wants to add the duties then just add the 18%

It's like their adding Duties/GST/PST all at the same time and when you buy them, they charge you PST/GST again...

That's why it's still cheaper to have somebody/relative to ship you the shoes from the US even if you pay shipping.
FOR SALE AF1 Priority Philippines Inside/Out sz 9 DS LOOKING FOR Lebron SVSMs sz 9 - 10 DSdOubleO @ gmail . com (just remove the spaces)

^ With that exchange rate, Nike is still not trying to reflect it. If they were trying to reflect it, it would be lower to what it is now.

125 USD vs. $200 CDN in 2001 is the same or much better if you consider that in 2001 that the exchange rate before is much worse because in 2001, your C$200 is really around US$125-130 but today, my C$200 should be worth around US$165 not US$125.

So nope, Nike Canada is still not trying to reflect the exchange rate...

FOR SALE AF1 Priority Philippines Inside/Out sz 9 DS LOOKING FOR Lebron SVSMs sz 9 - 10 DSdOubleO @ gmail . com (just remove the spaces)

:smh:
smh.gif

^^^point taken...but where does Nike Canada get these numbers?
fire red III's in the States $125, here in Canada $190, flip III's in the States $150, here in Canada $240.
it won't take a genius to figure out that there's something wrong with those numbers!
please, please explain it to me like im a 4 year old!

Why shake your head at me?

How can not it be on par with the US MSRP if you use the current exchange rate? If in 2001, in your example, they had an almost accurate exchange rate while in 2007, where the C$ value is higher, they still use the old exchange rate? That's BS.

That's why there's no "effort" at all.

And NO :smh:
smh.gif
FOR SALE AF1 Priority Philippines Inside/Out sz 9 DSLOOKING FOR Lebron SVSMs sz 9 - 10 DSdOubleO @ gmail . com (just remove the spaces)

So, is the price going to be different at different FL?
TEAM RAPTORS
CB 4 MVP
IL MAGO FOR R.O.Y.

Thanks for the info. So many AF1s wow.
WTB: DS-VNDS size 9 AM1 NL Black Cement under $ 100 SHIP

Quote:
How can not it be on par with the US MSRP if you use the current exchange rate? If in 2001, in your example, they had an almost accurate exchange rate while in 2007, where the C$ value is higher, they still use the old exchange rate? That's BS.

That's why there's no "effort" at all.

And NO, Canadian prices is not getting cheaper because your C$190 has more buying power than when it was 2001, so in reality it's getting pricier.

You do realize a company can't predict the exchange rates from release to release right? Nike isn't about to hedge the dollar to offer an "on par" product to the US. We've been over this and over this. Pricing a shoe isn't nearly as simple as looking at the USD MSRP and going to xe.com to figure out what it will cost Canadians....

Furthermore, Nike isn't setting prices to suit "collectors" (which is an hilarious term in and of itself), as the majority of their customers aren't placing GR Nikes in a box for future sale. Think about how it would look to an average consumer that sees a numbered Jordan (say the V's) on the shelf for 219 (or whatever it is). Two months later the US dollar gets weaker...and the III's come out at $159. Average consumer sees two numbered Jordans with a $60 dollar price difference. This confuses the consumer and definately makes Nike no money.

If it bothers you so much, drive to the US...or stop buying Nikes...

Also, taxes are much higher for products coming into Canada, and for a reason too. Same reason why everything is rediculously expensive in the UK, Canada and some UK countries have the highest taxes in the world.

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Kingstons Finest

^ Yeah, tax isn't too nice bringing stuff into Canada. Canada Customs needs to cool out.
FS: Air Jordan XXI White/Metallic Silver sz 11. Air Jordan XXI Grey Suede sz 6.5Y. Air Jordan IIIs Fire Reds, "Flips", Harbour Blues. Hit me up for details

^ It's true because I know a few people that are running their businesses and they have to make runs across to border to pick up products sometimes. Every now and then they get hassled, even though they have their importing licenses, and sales tax permits.

Mans like me has to do some reading about the tax loop holes, and developing a business properly.
FS: Air Jordan XXI White/Metallic Silver sz 11. Air Jordan XXI Grey Suede sz 6.5Y. Air Jordan IIIs Fire Reds, "Flips", Harbour Blues. Hit me up for details

Quote:
You do realize a company can't predict the exchange rates from release to release right?
changing their exchange rate.

Back
Top Bottom