Man Shot and Killed by Police in Charlotte, NC- Cops Claimed He Was Armed, But Daughter States It Wa

I've been here since '96, so I totally understand where you're coming come. Things have been tense for a while here.
Indeed. Also, due to McCrory's recent signing of police surveillence protection to the public unless abided by a judge, police are witholding the surveillence of the shooting; furthermore, claims of riots will persist until the video is released to the public.

What area to you live in? The area I reference, regarding homes in the area, is Plaza Midwood.

Last edited:
City officials should just release the video for the public to see if there truly is no wrong doing on the police end. Withholding the video only angers some members of the public, particularly protesters.

Cs7Ue0QXEAE6nyr.jpg

The calmest man in Charlotte is protester Henry Lee, 51, who silently refuses to leave his chair.

I dont get the issue here. They recovered a gun at the scene, to say it was planted is ******* ridiculous. Im sick of people calling every officer-related shooting a racist murder,and im sick of all these stupid *** riots that only serve as self destructive. What there needs to be is ABSOLUTE transparency and cooperation on BOTH sides or else this country is ******

I dont get the issue here. They recovered a gun at the scene, to say it was planted is ******* ridiculous. Im sick of people calling every officer-related shooting a racist murder,and im sick of all these stupid *** riots that only serve as self destructive. What there needs to be is ABSOLUTE transparency and cooperation on BOTH sides or else this country is ******
To be honest, I gotta see the body cam video of what happened. Police reports can be faked.

And I get the protests too, but looting stores and hurting people I can't rock with that

Last edited:
To be honest, I gotta see the body cam video of what happened. Police reports can be faked.

And I get the protests too, but looting stores and hurting people I can't rock with that

I do agree that every incident involving a shooting should be videotaped and release. Transparency is a must for these situations. At least they released the video to the family.

I do agree that every incident involving a shooting should be videotaped and release. Transparency is a must for these situations. At least they released the video to the family.
Problem is that the police chief said that video doesn't show definitive evidence that the guy was pointing a gun
I know they are "investigating" it still, but that statement doesn't sound good

Last edited:

Problem is that the police chief said that video doesn't show definitive evidence that the guy was pointing a gun

if homie had a gun in his hands it doesn't matter if he was pointing it, thats a straight death wish.

if homie had a gun in his hands it doesn't matter if he was pointing it, thats a straight death wish.
Tell me why Dylan Hunt didn't get shot then :nerd:

In an open carry state?

So those NRA dudes have a death wish when they are walking around with straps on their back?

:nerd:.

if they ran his name prior they knew duke was a felon and shouldn't be in possession of a fire arm.

common sense would tell u, that u don't brandish a fire arm when cops is giving u orders, laws is one thing, da fact that they're human is another.

Racism is a systematic attack on a group of people.

A black cop definitely can be racist against a black civilian.

Who do you think that black cop got his views and ideals from?

Which gang do you think he has to show he is down for the cause?
Oh my bad, I didn't realize I was talking to Mr. Merriam-Webster.

Nah, you don't get to define words to suit your argument.

And while it's unfortunate that I even have to spell it out for you, this is the definition of racism:
1: a belief that race  is the primary determinant  of human traits and capacities and that racial  differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2: racial prejudice  or discrimination
Has NOTHING to do with "systematic attacks."

Has EVERYTHING to do with personal beliefs.

If you think all black people are criminals because they're black, guess what? You're a racist.

If you think all white people are racist because they're white, guess what? You're a racist.

In an open carry state?

So those NRA dudes have a death wish when they are walking around with straps on their back?

:nerd:.

if they ran his name prior they knew duke was a felon and shouldn't be in possession of a fire arm.

common sense would tell u, that u don't brandish a fire arm when cops is giving u orders, laws is one thing, da fact that they're human is another.

Lots of assumptions here.

While a weapon was recovered, whether he was brandishing it at time of the shooting as captured in the video is inconclusive according to the police. In addition, he wasn't even the guy they came for.

Just heard the audio from the FB live feed his daughter did when it happened :smh: >::frown:

Last edited:
Racism is a systematic attack on a group of people.

A black cop definitely can be racist against a black civilian.

Who do you think that black cop got his views and ideals from?

Which gang do you think he has to show he is down for the cause?

Oh my bad, I didn't realize I was talking to Mr. Merriam-Webster.

Nah, you don't get to define words to suit your argument.

And while it's unfortunate that I even have to spell it out for you, this is the definition of racism:

1: a belief that 
race
 is the primary 
determinant
 of human traits and capacities and that 
racial
 differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2: 
racial 
prejudice
 or discrimination

Has NOTHING to do with "systematic attacks."

Has EVERYTHING to do with personal beliefs.

If you think all black people are criminals because they're black, guess what? You're a racist.

If you think all white people are racist because they're white, guess what? You're a racist.

Post the definition of systemic and/or institutionalized racism.

white people getting to define what racism is

dont that seem kinda oxymoronic?

while developing this system of white supremacy, making racism "equal opportunity" takes the burden off of them for their truly racist transgressions

because prejudice now can be enveloped into the definition of racism

Last edited:
white people getting to define what racism is

dont that seem kinda oxymoronic?

while developing this system of white supremacy, making racism "equal opportunity" takes the burden off of them for their truly racist transgressions

because prejudice now can be enveloped into the definition of racism

Guess what?

You're a racist! [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

Personally, I have resided in Charlotte for eight years; if you did not foresee recent activity occurring, that individual is oblivious.

Where that video was posted I reside close by--usually used that parking garage as a setpoint for jogging. Recently numerous millennial, mostly Caucasian, are migrating here from Midwest and Northern areas of US, and from South Carolina. While they progress the city economically, they value nothing more to use the city for personal leisurable tirades and financial capitalism--they individual would leave immediately to the next upcoming destination without any regards. Many of black people rioting are locals they have built the city over generations to only see their neighborhoods demolished to gentrify luxury real estate and contemporary businesses. Literally, the neighborhood behind my apartment value homes that start at 400k (average home here is 160K, and income is 35K) while trap houses are directly across the street.

The riots have truly presented those, who I originally presented as knowledgeable,open-minded, and progressive, instead, as bigots, ignorant, and unsympathetic. It is a formidable marvel witnessing the current state, but generatiions of black families maintained this city, progressed it economically--even through the financial banking crisis when Charlotte was a centralized banking up--and showcased a true love for the culture here, only to see their homes renovated, jobs overtaken, and migrates flourish off their dignity and loyalty,

In the video you posted, I do not know the individual personally who is mauled, therefore take my upcoming comment as hypothetical. The individual who is being mauled is the same individual who tirades the bars by belligerent drunken behavior, littering and irresponsible disposal, and builds a 500K home in an inner city neighborhood, then complains to local enforcement that there needs to be further security for the neighborhood because of the "type of individuals" that ponder the area.

Pardon the rant but it sickens me that individuals did not foresee yesterday's actions nor do they care to comprehend the "why" someone would act in such a manner.

You typed all that to justify a beating and it sickens you that other people dont feel the same way,
I cant buy a house in vancouver because chinese foreign investment has made the market go crazy.
You know what kind of lunatic id sound like saying that their littering and drunkenness and ability to thrive in this market is then a reason for them to be beaten in the streets?
Bruh, if your city was so well maintained as you claim there would be nothing to gentrify.
Do you think that these Caucasians move to places where they are in danger for fun and evil?
Nah...people get relocated for economics.
I dont get peoples argument when they say cops and whites keep acting out of fear when fricken bony hipsters have no problem moving in across from trap houses.

Personally, I have resided in Charlotte for eight years; if you did not foresee recent activity occurring, that individual is oblivious.

Where that video was posted I reside close by--usually used that parking garage as a setpoint for jogging. Recently numerous millennial, mostly Caucasian, are migrating here from Midwest and Northern areas of US, and from South Carolina. While they progress the city economically, they value nothing more to use the city for personal leisurable tirades and financial capitalism--they individual would leave immediately to the next upcoming destination without any regards. Many of black people rioting are locals they have built the city over generations to only see their neighborhoods demolished to gentrify luxury real estate and contemporary businesses. Literally, the neighborhood behind my apartment value homes that start at 400k (average home here is 160K, and income is 35K) while trap houses are directly across the street.

The riots have truly presented those, who I originally presented as knowledgeable,open-minded, and progressive, instead, as bigots, ignorant, and unsympathetic. It is a formidable marvel witnessing the current state, but generatiions of black families maintained this city, progressed it economically--even through the financial banking crisis when Charlotte was a centralized banking up--and showcased a true love for the culture here, only to see their homes renovated, jobs overtaken, and migrates flourish off their dignity and loyalty,

In the video you posted, I do not know the individual personally who is mauled, therefore take my upcoming comment as hypothetical. The individual who is being mauled is the same individual who tirades the bars by belligerent drunken behavior, littering and irresponsible disposal, and builds a 500K home in an inner city neighborhood, then complains to local enforcement that there needs to be further security for the neighborhood because of the "type of individuals" that ponder the area.

Pardon the rant but it sickens me that individuals did not foresee yesterday's actions nor do they care to comprehend the "why" someone would act in such a manner.

While i can feel your frustration, you just blamed the victim. An outnumbered white guy just got pummeled and you think its justified b/c "gentrification." :smh:

Thought this was interesting as well, which sorta undermines that whole "locals who have built this city" rhetoric.

#Charlotte police: 70% of arrested protesters had out of state ID's, outside entities are causing these problems https://t.co/Kwya2xXerk
— OutFrontCNN (@OutFrontCNN) September 22, 2016

While i can feel your frustration, you just blamed the victim. An outnumbered white guy just got pummeled and you think its justified b/c "gentrification." :smh:

Thought this was interesting as well, which sorta undermines that whole "locals who have built this city" rhetoric.

#Charlotte police: 70% of arrested protesters had out of state ID's, outside entities are causing these problems https://t.co/Kwya2xXerk
— OutFrontCNN (@OutFrontCNN) September 22, 2016

Whoa 70%?!?!
That's nuts

Keith Lamont Scott was calmly walking backward when Charlotte, N.C., police shot him to death this week, a lawyer for Scott's family said after relatives were allowed to watch police video of the shooting.

In a statement Thursday night, Justin Bamberg, a lawyer for the family, said Scott, 43, exited his vehicle "in a very calm, non-aggressive manner" when ordered to do so by police Tuesday afternoon outside a condominium complex near the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.

And when he was shot, "Mr. Scott's hands were by his side and he was slowly walking backwards," according to Bamberg.

Police have said Scott was armed and posed an imminent deadly threat when he was shot by Charlotte-Mecklenburg County police Officer Brentley Vinson, who, like Scott, is African-American. They said a gun was found near his body.

On some points, Bamberg indicated that Scott's widow, Rakeyia Scott, and other relatives concurred with several observations made by Police Chief Kerr Putney.

Putney said Thursday that the video showed that officers gave Scott multiple commands before they opened fire. Bamberg also said the video shows that "police did give him several commands."

And Putney said the video didn't show "absolute definitive, visual evidence" that Scott brandished a weapon at the officers. Bamberg also said "it is impossible to discern from the videos what, if anything, Mr. Scott is holding in his hands."

Where police and the family disagree is in their characterizations of Scott's actions toward police.

Putney has said that Scott acted aggressively and threateningly and that the video "supports what we've heard and the version of the truth that we gave about the circumstances."

"If there's an encounter [and] you go down and the weapon is right there, it's kind of obvious a weapon was involved, even though I didn't visually see it from my angle," Putney told NBC station WCNC.

The family, meanwhile, says Scott was cooperative and calm.

"After watching the videos, the family again has more questions than answers," Bamberg said.

Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts, who imposed a midnight-to-6 a.m. curfew, told MSNBC-TV late Thursday that she had seen the videos and agreed with both Putney and the family that they were "ambiguous."

"There is not a clear picture," Roberts said. "The body camera is moving, and the view is obscured at a few points."

Bamberg didn't address the publication of a photo taken by a witness that appears to show a gun on the ground near Scott's body moments after the shooting.

But he did address one unsettled point raised by some of Scott's relatives, who have said since almost immediately after the shootingnot only that he was unarmed, but also that he was disabled.

Bamberg said at a news conference that Scott was involved in a "very bad accident approximately a year ago, suffered some pretty severe bodily injuries, suffered some head trauma."

He provided no details of the accident or of the nature of Scott's injuries, but he repeated: "At the end of the day, he was disabled."

Charlotte has been roiled by protests following Scott's death. Large protests continued Thursday night, but they remained relatively peaceful.

Shortly before 11 p.m., police and state troopers in formation fired a few rubber bullets, along with tear gas or pepper spray, as protesters tried to march up a hill toward Interstate 277. The protesters quickly dispersed.

A man who was shot Wednesday night in what police described as a "protester-on-protester" clash died Thursday, police said. Police arrested 44 people on charges including failure to disperse, assault, and breaking and entering.

The National Guard and state troopers were deployed to help local police in case protests continued Thursday night after North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory declared a state of emergency.

The police video, and the differing interpretations of it, remained at the center of the contentiousness Thursday. Three of the officers involved in Scott's shooting were wearing body cameras, although Officer Brentley Vinson, who fired the fatal shot, wasn't, Putney said.

Vinson, 26, who is also African-American, has been placed on paid administrative leave, as is standard procedure.

Scott's family added their voices to calls from community members and activists who said the video should be viewed in order to clear up discrepancies between the police's account and the family's version.

"It was incredibly difficult for members of the Scott family to view these videos, but as a matter of the greater good and transparency, the Scott family asks that the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department publicly immediately release both of the videos they watched today," Bamberg said.

While Putney agreed to let Scott's family the videos, he said he wouldn't make them public to "protect the integrity of the investigation."

Later, in the interview with WCNC, he acknowledged that because McCrory had assigned the State Bureau of Investigation to conduct an independent investigation, "it's going to be out of my hands."

Roberts, the mayor, said she didn't think the videos should be released while the investigations were active.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...finitive-evidence-he-pointed-gun-cops-n652631

Back
Top Bottom