Man of Steel (Superman Movie Thread) - June 14, 2013 - NEW Trailer pg20

I feel stupider for having read that dumb *** review. He criticized Clark going to work at the Daily Planet while only wearing glasses. If I ever meet this dude I'm giving him a homey the clown sock beat down... & once I'm done & he gathers himself, I'm giving him another sock beat down worse then the previous attempt...

Last edited:
"After studio estimates of $85 million and expert predictions of MAYBE $100 million, the Zack Snyder helmed reboot now looks set to earn an incredible $114 - $120 million this weekend and something closer to $126 - $130 million when the Thursday evening screenings are taken into account. There aren't any official numbers as of yet, but Deadline reports that their sources have informed them thatMan of Steel will take between $42.5 - $47.7 million today. Warner Bros. are said to be very happy with this news and it's thought that we will have some slightly more accurate numbers by later tonight or early tomorrow."

The movie wasn't completely egregious to the likes of a Green Lantern but so many pivotal moments were squandered.

I bet if Chris Nolan wrote the screenplay this potentially could have rivaled if not surpassed Batman Begins (maybe even The Dark Knight).

From what it sounds they gave Goyer too much freedom with this.

They sold us on the Nolan working on it thing.

I hope I'm not disappointed tonight.

The collection tears from the audience when Jonathan put up his hand to stop Clark from saving him... you could fill a swimming pool. Literally 75% of people in front of me were wiping their eyes after that scene. I knew it was coming but it still got me

ehh, all i could think was stupid animal lovers. That was the most ******ed thing ive seen in the movie

Why is Nolan getting a pass? As a producer he does have some say and influence in the overall product.

This movie was AWESOME!!!!!!!!

the only movie ive seen this year that i was completely satisfied with

I loved the action 100%

Lois look like shorty from The Office
Clark shoulda shaved his chest hair,it looked weird peeking from under his suit lol

The collection tears from the audience when Jonathan put up his hand to stop Clark from saving him... you could fill a swimming pool. Literally 75% of people in front of me were wiping their eyes after that scene. I knew it was coming but it still got me

ehh, all i could think was stupid animal lovers. That was the most ******ed thing ive seen in the movie

I love my dog. I refer to her as my furry daughter. I would go back for my baby in a heartbeat if I were in that situation... Wouldn't think twice....

Just finished watching the movie a second time and I can honestly say that this is the best superman film AND it was better and way more enjoyable than iron man 3 ( and being a marvel guy it really hurts to say that lol) my review on the movie is the same as earlier although I will say they elaborated on the krypton story and the codex deal. These are things that wouldn't necessarily ruin the film but allowed some sort of over arching theme and plot to the film. I really did enjoy Zod being the villain in this film and was glad they didn't start right with Luthor although all the references to lexcorp were a nice little peek into what's to come. The movie for the most part did what DC needed them it do. Though with the way this movie was presented, I would much rather them do a worlds finest type film with batman than a whole justice league film. I mean a flash movie?? Nah

8/10 rating for me

But it wasn't better than avengers >D

Why is Nolan getting a pass? As a producer he does have some say and influence in the overall product.

true, but the flaws I noticed were more on the side of the script and the directing. Its like Cavill was boring because he was doing what snyder wanted and the script said. He really didnt get many chances to "act" when you think about it. Characters are just there and expected to be cared about. The daily planet staff for example. I dont even know the bald guys name.

Last edited:
Going to see this tonight at the drive-in along with Hangover 3..Even if both are just average movies I can't complain cause it's only costing me $8 for both..

He chose to work at the daily planet cuz he felt comfortable with them

I meant, how buildings are falling and they are about to get killed. And Perry is trying to save the girl. Im like, as a screenwriter, you have to establish the characters for me so that I care if they die or not. Alot of it wasnt done well. Even lois was barely established besides being a pulitzer winner which must mean shes good at her job

You guys want characters established as of we don't know the superman back story already. Lois lane is just as big of a name as Clark kent. Y'all know what this is about stop being so nit picky.

You guys want characters established as of we don't know the superman back story already. Lois lane is just as big of a name as Clark kent. Y'all know what this is about stop being so nit picky.

You cant assume with a reboot, seeing as numerous things are different in this movie from the traditional lore.

Yep agreed.

I felt the emotion in that scene cuz i know i wouldnt wanna be a person trapped under rubble

movie was awesome...with that said:

Superman = Edward Snowden...

sold out your own people, all son wanted to do was to re-build da planet that his idiot rulers ruined.

Just saw this in 3d. Quick review for ya
SPOILERS ALERT!!!
Good
-Fresh expanded take of Krypton
-Russell Crowe
-Great score by Zimmer
-Superman throws down a lot
Bad
-Lois knows Superman's identity way to quick and they've thrown a plot line away that worked great in the originals
-Cavill shows none of the wit, charm or feeling of Reeve (Hopefully it will come in the next one as he plays more Clark Kent)
-It didn't feel right seeing Superman kill G-Zod
I give it a B+
Last thoughts
-I was expecting the world after seeing those trailers (Maybe the best trailers I can recall)
-Nobody will ever replace Christopher Reeve, he is SUPERMAN period ( Maybe its hard to let go of Reeve because he didn't wear a mask like Batman)
Final thought
-Go see it!

Back
Top Bottom