Man dies on subway as photographer takes a picture for NY POST, Update: Photographer speaks (P. 4)

mean.gif
People would rather take pics of something as tragic as that than try to save someones life.

Some of you seem surprised.

After this photo was published in 1994, I realised we live in a sad world...

View media item 157437

for those who may not get it, instead of the photographer helping that little girl, he waited and took this image smh

Last edited:
Its a sad situation I feel sorry for the family and of course the victim.

Ny'ers aren't that demented like the douche bag who took the time to take a pic than rather save dudes life.

Over this past summer a bus driver saved a little girl who was autistic that fell from top of a building.

Years ago some dude caught a seizure and fell into the tracks. Some random guy jumped in and curled himself and seizure dude in the middle of tracks while the train was hurling underneath them into the platform, both of them lived.

I hope they find the dude who pushed him and give him the needle.

btw Fox News owns New York Post. No wonder the headline reeks ignorance.

Last edited:

for those who may not get it, instead of the photographer helping that little girl, he waited and took this image smh
What was the photographer supposed to do?  Adopt the kid?  I'm sure the bird didn't attack the child if thats what you are implying. 

Dude was doing his job.  That is a location thing.  Don't judge the camera man from this one pic. 

RIP to the man seriously terrible. Is it possible to run on the wooden planks on the track to the end of it? Given the circumstances of the man's unfortunate situation, I understand he didn't even have the chance, but if the train is just about headed to the station and you're on the tracks after falling down, could you get to the end of the track where the train is supposed to stop in time?

Its a sad situation I feel sorry for the family and of course the victim.
Ny'ers aren't that demented like the douche bag who took the time to take a pic than rather save dudes life.
Over this past summer a bus driver saved a little girl who was autistic that fell from top of a building.
Years ago some dude caught a seizure and fell into the tracks. Some random guy jumped in and curled himself and seizure dude in the middle of tracks while the train was hurling underneath them into the platform, both of them lived.
I hope they find the dude who pushed him and give him the needle.
btw Fox News owns New York Post. No wonder the headline reeks ignorance.

that was this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Autrey

URL]

What was the photographer supposed to do?  Adopt the kid?  I'm sure the bird didn't attack the child if thats what you are implying. 

Dude was doing his job.  That is a location thing.  Don't judge the camera man from this one pic. 

The photographer claimed he was just doing his job. Most people said he could have tried to shoo the vulture away. Some say he could have picked up the child and put her in a safer place.

Let's face it, it's a bit of a distasteful photo. We all know that bird was waiting for that girl to die, so it can eat.

Btw, the photographer committed suicide a few years later.

Last edited:

Picture was shot in 1993, the photographer killed himself in 1994. "Kevin Carter was just doing his job....."

Last edited:
This dude really just took the pic and then watched dude die? Woooooooow.

I thought people out here in LA were bad and only considerate of themselves. NY make us look like saints.

Werd, major reach.

It's not like dude could have ran to him and picked him up without risking his own life. That train was coming pretty fast. By the time he were to bend down and get him, the poor man would already have been struck.

The photographer claimed he was just doing his job. Most people said he could have tried to shoo the vulture away. Some say he could have picked up the child and put her in a safer place.
Let's face it, it's a bit of a distasteful photo. We all know that bird was waiting for that girl to die, so it can eat.

Picture is not distasteful, is history, it shows us the harsh reality of poverty in that side of the world, is not to say that the photographer didn't do something after snapping the shot, taking the pic and walking off would be foul, simply taking the pic as part of his job, chill...ya reaching

This dude really just took the pic and then watched dude die? Woooooooow.

I thought people out here in LA were bad and only considerate of themselves. NY make us look like saints.

:stoneface: ok judge a whole city based on one guy

The photographer is an idiot and is disrespectful for taking a picture and then putting it on the cover of a newspaper in such a manner, they should be sanctioned or w.e
Im not too sure about the details, but were there other people on the platform at the time? Someone who couldve maybe helped?

Picture is not distasteful, is history, it shows us the harsh reality of poverty in that side of the world, is not to say that the photographer didn't do something after snapping the shot, taking the pic and walking off would be foul, simply taking the pic as part of his job, chill...ya reaching

Fortunately with art (or photography) it can be interpreted in different ways. That seems to be the way you've interpreted it. However, the image wouldn't have caused such a stir if the whole world viewed it your way. Plenty of people have viewed the image as simply a photographer saying he's just doing his job, instead of actually helping a sick and dying individual right in front of them. That was the reason I posted the image. A human being needed help (not necessarily adoption), just help, and instead, another human being decided to take a photo instead of helping the child.

But from your opinion I'm just reaching. Aight.

Last edited:
A photojournalists has to be unbiased so that they can provide society's ills and what is transpiring around the world...

He stated that after he took the picture, he helped the girl.

Fortunately with art (or photography) it can be interpreted in different ways. That seems to be the way you've interpreted it. However, the image wouldn't have caused such a stir if the whole world viewed it your way. Plenty of people have viewed the image as simply a photographer saying he's just doing his job, instead of actually helping a sick and dying individual right in front of them. That was the reason I posted the image. A human being needed help (not necessarily adoption), just help, and instead another human being decided to take a photo instead of helping the child.
you do know there was probably a whole community of sick and dying people in that same area right?  The photographer is there to show the world reality.

Back
Top Bottom