Malcolm X thread.

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Anton has a point. No one on the other side will let anything he says go yet they will freely let people disgrace MLK's name by quoting some Tupac lyric. It's a shame
smh.gif
That should be heavily denounced.

What is shameful  about 2pac speaking on MLK? Is his opinion not valid because he was the archetype of "gangsta rap" ?  Looking back on history in the future, IMO I believe pac will be praised more than mlk. The 2 came form different time periods yet they share sooo many similarities. Just because  pac would say and do in public what MLK was groomed to keep as a "private life" doesn't make one more official than the other.  They both capitalized off their image.  Pac grew up in a blackpanther environment and is more diplomatic in his philosophy than King. The future will tell. 
Pac knew  who was even in the midsts of the commercial thug image he knew he was selling. He told us to peep game and not fall for the hype cuz hes getting money.  MLK just straight up sold his dream and image. But i do admit that the media was a different age back then and was purelly sensational and that as MLK's soap box. Pac's era in media was about social entertainment conformity which was his soapbox.

This is my opinion....

Stokely Carmicheal used to call King, "de lawd".  In some circles, many felt that King got too much exposure, and credit, for the perceived successes of the struggle. I agree with that, as I've stated, King did his share, as Malcolm provided the fear, stimulating the Black youth, which in part helped to create the Black panther movement, SNIC, then Thurgood went after the law.

All were relevant.

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

bijald0331 wrote:

Anton has a point. No one on the other side will let anything he says go yet they will freely let people disgrace MLK's name by quoting some Tupac lyric. It's a shame
smh.gif

To be quite honest, you don't have a point. For you to say that you are NOT Black, I don't see how your opinion on how Black people view their leaders, as being any of your business.

You are a waste of human existence. That is all.
According to who?

bijald0331 wrote:

smh.gif

To be quite honest, you don't have a point. For you to say that you are NOT Black, I don't see how your opinion on how Black people view their leaders, as being any of your business.

You are a waste of human existence. That is all.
According to who?

Originally Posted by cguy610

torgriffith wrote:

bijald0331 wrote:

smh.gif

Looking back on history in the future, IMO I believe pac will be praised more than mlk.
This is the most idiotic thing I have read on NT, since TBone said that the KKK was a civil rights group. 

I cannot believe I just read that. I'm done. Never arguing this stuff again. I'm not black. It's not my place. Only black people can talk about black people.

torgriffith wrote:

bijald0331 wrote:

smh.gif

Looking back on history in the future, IMO I believe pac will be praised more than mlk.
This is the most idiotic thing I have read on NT, since TBone said that the KKK was a civil rights group. 

I cannot believe I just read that. I'm done. Never arguing this stuff again. I'm not black. It's not my place. Only black people can talk about black people.

smh.gif

2PAC?????
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

He shouldn't be mentioned in something like this ever.

smh.gif

2PAC?????
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

He shouldn't be mentioned in something like this ever.

smh.gif

Foolishness

Stokely Carmicheal used to call King, "de lawd".  In some circles, many felt that King got too much exposure, and credit, for the perceived successes of the struggle. I agree with that, as I've stated, King did his share, as Malcolm provided the fear, stimulating the Black youth, which in part helped to create the Black panther movement, SNIC, then Thurgood went after the law.

All were relevant.

King had the image, which was important.  Like it or not, it's easier to get support when you have someone with a squeaky clean image than someone who used to run numbers, went to jail, and also made comments such as "the chickens coming home to roost".

Just like Rosa Parks had the clean image and she gets alot of credit although she wasn't the first to refuse to give up her seat on a bus. 

torgriffith wrote:

bijald0331 wrote:

smh.gif

Not the point at all. You cannot tell Black people who they should denounce, as people live through their experiences. You are not Black, therefore you cannot claim to know those experiences, or the effect that an imbalanced society can have on Black judgement. 

I can take the "Tupac" comment as being relevant, due to some kids NOT learning anything about King in school, other than him "having a dream". Tupac can stimulate those who listen to nothing but Hip Hop, but having them to do their research on their own. This makes Tupac the impetus for those who knew nothing of King, then Malcolm, or Marshall. 

smh.gif

Foolishness

All were relevant.

King had the image, which was important.  Like it or not, it's easier to get support when you have someone with a squeaky clean image than someone who used to run numbers, went to jail, and also made comments such as "the chickens coming home to roost".

Just like Rosa Parks had the clean image and she gets alot of credit although she wasn't the first to refuse to give up her seat on a bus. 

torgriffith wrote:

bijald0331 wrote:

smh.gif

Not the point at all. You cannot tell Black people who they should denounce, as people live through their experiences. You are not Black, therefore you cannot claim to know those experiences, or the effect that an imbalanced society can have on Black judgement. 

I can take the "Tupac" comment as being relevant, due to some kids NOT learning anything about King in school, other than him "having a dream". Tupac can stimulate those who listen to nothing but Hip Hop, but having them to do their research on their own. This makes Tupac the impetus for those who knew nothing of King, then Malcolm, or Marshall. 

smh.gif

Are you aware of Pac's philanthropic work? Have heard any of his lectures? Pac already is idolized more than MLK. Look at rap music. People are still paying dude homage for the gangsta rap image he portrayed. Now he has been brought back to the forefront of rap music with "Illuminati" just now getting word/air play. (Killuminati). Pac's testament is very close Malcom X. You gotta look at the man's life objectively as well past the image the entertainment industrial complex intoxicated the world with and see him as a human rather than whatever u believed of him from your media outlet as a child. Even Flava Flave said don't believe the hype.
What I'm getting at is that there is a high dollar price on the image of a foolish black man. These dudes get there money and deal with reality while we back here arguing over their old and long gone images that were captured by the media establishment and broadcast over and over to the point were we stuck in the past over some images that were planned and executed to make $.  

smh.gif

Are you aware of Pac's philanthropic work? Have heard any of his lectures? Pac already is idolized more than MLK. Look at rap music. People are still paying dude homage for the gangsta rap image he portrayed. Now he has been brought back to the forefront of rap music with "Illuminati" just now getting word/air play. (Killuminati). Pac's testament is very close Malcom X. You gotta look at the man's life objectively as well past the image the entertainment industrial complex intoxicated the world with and see him as a human rather than whatever u believed of him from your media outlet as a child. Even Flava Flave said don't believe the hype.
What I'm getting at is that there is a high dollar price on the image of a foolish black man. These dudes get there money and deal with reality while we back here arguing over their old and long gone images that were captured by the media establishment and broadcast over and over to the point were we stuck in the past over some images that were planned and executed to make $.  

smh.gif

Foolishness

All were relevant.

That is understood, but back then, that didn't matter. Malcolm also said, "What does White America call a negro with a degree?"

You know the answer.

People still killed King, even though hehad that squeaky clean image. Both King and Malcolm died at the same age, which is ironic.

smh.gif

Foolishness

All were relevant.

That is understood, but back then, that didn't matter. Malcolm also said, "What does White America call a negro with a degree?"

You know the answer.

People still killed King, even though hehad that squeaky clean image. Both King and Malcolm died at the same age, which is ironic.

smh.gif

Foolishness

All were relevant.

so i guess  you presume MLK's background was squeeky clean. He didn't cheat on his wife or nothing huh?
Church boys can fool you just like those church girls.

smh.gif

Foolishness

All were relevant.

so i guess  you presume MLK's background was squeeky clean. He didn't cheat on his wife or nothing huh?

smh.gif

Foolishness

All were relevant.

Also was accused of plagiarizing on his doctorate at BU.

smh.gif

Foolishness

All were relevant.

smh.gif

Foolishness

All were relevant.

"It's not what you know, it's what you can prove"

smh.gif

Foolishness

All were relevant.

"It's not what you know, it's what you can prove"

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

smh.gif

Foolishness

All were relevant.

Obama has been accused of cheating, being the same as Hitler, and not being an American born citizen.  

Do you have a real point here?  

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

smh.gif

Foolishness

All were relevant.

Obama has been accused of cheating, being the same as Hitler, and not being an American born citizen.  

Do you have a real point here?  

Back
Top Bottom