Magic Johnson's son goes public with boyfriend

I beg to differ. I think the male species is not designed for monogamy, but we get married and stay faithful DESPITE that fact. I can't think of a single logical reason to outlaw polygamy, aside from being judged by others in society, which really is just a result of outlawing and denouncing polygamy in the first place. It's still very legal and accepted in a lot of non-westernized places.

Being faithful and being married to multiple women are two different things, right?

I do agree that our increasing life expectancy has made being faithfully monogamous harder, though.

I beg to differ. I think the male species is not designed for monogamy, but we get married and stay faithful DESPITE that fact. I can't think of a single logical reason to outlaw polygamy, aside from being judged by others in society, which really is just a result of outlawing and denouncing polygamy in the first place. It's still very legal and accepted in a lot of non-westernized places.

Polygamy is marrying multiple people, you aren't born to marry multiple people or even marry period. If you want to have sex with multiple women no one is stopping you.

Lettuce be cereal, most of these people bringing up polygamy are the same types to bring up "marrying a dog" as an argument against it. Your Dog cannot give consent, and polygamy isn't legal for anyone.

Maybe someone will try to marry his pen.

Polygamy is marrying multiple people, you aren't born to marry multiple people or even marry period. If you want to have sex with multiple women no one is stopping you.

Lettuce be cereal, most of these people bringing up polygamy are the same types to bring up "marrying a dog" as an argument against it. Your Dog cannot give consent, and polygamy isn't legal for anyone.

Maybe someone will try to marry his pen.

Just to be clear, I have nothing to do with the anti-gay marriage argument here, I barely read through the whole thread, just saw a convo about polygamy put my two cents in :lol:

And yeah, you're right you don't have to marry at all, but it's hard to keep a chick around long-term if you're not about that married life, thus I needs that polygamy :D. But I'm cool with everything, gay rights, gay marriage, polygamy, whatever, as long as you're not hurting anybody.

whats give you the right to say it is natural?

What gives you the right to say straight is "natural"?

You are on an internet forum, is that natural?

You're not as intelligent as many people in this thread, which level of human intelligence is "most natural"? :nerd:

Some people use condoms when they have sex, is that natural?

I have poor eye-sight, so I have to put on contacts and glasses, am I natural?

Let's gain some insight, Mr. Evolutionary Biologist?

:nerd:

Just to be clear, I have nothing to do with the anti-gay marriage argument here, I barely read through the whole thread, just saw a convo about polygamy put my two cents in :lol:

And yeah, you're right you don't have to marry at all, but it's hard to keep a chick around long-term if you're not about that married life, thus I needs that polygamy :D. But I'm cool with everything, gay rights, gay marriage, polygamy, whatever, as long as you're not hurting anybody.

Yea well you should go campaign for polygamy, but as of now it's illegal for everyone. I wonder how many wives it would take for a man to not look at other women? I have this mental image of a man cheating on his 100 wives. :lol:

IF marriage is allowed to be re-defined it effects EVERYONE.

a pillar of society will be forever changed, so to stay homosexuality doesn't effect straight people and society overall

is a misnomer.

there was a great peice on npr about this. they basically said that in general people don't have a problem with lgbt people being together. its the taking of the marriage term that's the problem. one guy made a good point saying that marriage shouldn't have even be controlled by federal govt. marriage is something that has been exclusively cultural and tied to spirituality until lately. it should not be regulated by federal entities. they said all marriages should be reffered to as civil unions. most of what lgbt are saying the descrimination is based off of tax and estate issues. fighting over the right to spiritual title is like starting a race thread on nt. the aegument could go on forever. I'm sure the lawyers billing both sides of this controversy won't mind folks dragging the issue out

Like i told cats here last time, da "marriage" label something that homosexuals feel they have to strip

Of its original usage, even if all da tax breaks & parental rights are given, if they dont gain access to that word its not enough, silly as it sounds da idea

Behind da word is da real prize...problem is marriage

Has been a religious institution for centuries & folks

Aint about to surrender da label...hence da June decisions in da supreme court.

Like i told cats here last time, da "marriage" label something that homosexuals feel they have to strip

Of its original usage, even if all da tax breaks & parental rights are given, if they dont gain access to that word its not enough, silly as it sounds da idea

+1

Ayo :rofl:

Where all the posters talking about they wish they never have daughters now? :nerd:

Last edited:

So will your views change if the supreme court rules against DOMA? Like will you all of a sudden quit being an insufferable bigot?

Nature for the argument either way is pretty weak.

For those using it against homosexuality, why are you pointing to occurrences in the wild to govern us? Infanticide and cannibalism are also prevalent in nature. Majority of the things in our everyday lives are not prevalent in nature. Something being natural or unnatural is irrelevant at this point.

For those using it to support, many of these acts aren't actually sexual in the sense that we use it. Not sure about every animal but female bonobos for example rub genitalia together with another female to cope after fighting for example or to completely avoid conflict altogether. As gay as you think that sounds in the human sense, there is no sex going on there. That's just one example, but it is a readily used one because that particular primate is so closely related to us.

Also, the counter to homosexuals can't procreate naturally is commonly "well what about heterosexuals that can't reproduce". Well those people are outliers, clearly that is not who the argument is talking about.

This thread is a vacuum of ignorance and intolerance.

There is nothing to be learned or taught here.

So will your views change if the supreme court rules against DOMA? Like will you all of a sudden quit being an insufferable bigot?
not agreeing with homosexual lifestyle =/= bigot

starting to sound like those hacks at MSNBC
laugh.gif

can't stand that people dont agree with you so you resort to name calling...boy who's ignorant now?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom