Mad Max: Fury Road starring Tom Hardy

Thinking about going to see this over the weekend. Do I need to have seen the others, or is this enjoyable on its own?

Thinking about going to see this over the weekend. Do I need to have seen the others, or is this enjoyable on its own?

its enjoyable on its own as its a prequel, then you can watch fury road afterwards to finish the story but maybe get out of the theaters once the credits starts rolling as they play some highlights from fury road after the film

Disappointed.

Fury Road is a nearly perfect action movie. So it's a lot to live up to.

This was solid but way too much CGI. Didn't feel nearly as visceral.

Disappointed.

Fury Road is a nearly perfect action movie. So it's a lot to live up to.

This was solid but way too much CGI. Didn't feel nearly as visceral.

along with more cgi, i think its also going to be tough to top fury road because it kind of is more of the same and maybe a tad long…

i did not expect kid furiosa to be on screen for so long, it almost felt like it was 50/50 screen time with the adult version and i think thats what led this to be about 20min longer than fury road?

i did love the intro with the bike chase through the desert but then it kind of slows down there, some crazy stuff happens but it also drags in comparison to fury road which just keep going up in gear

also nitpick but it happens when they do a prequel but it seems like some of the tech is more advanced - for example all those flying machines/gliders and such, amazing action sequence but it also feels more advanced that what was used in fury road but i get it

overall fury road was still epic especially when you first see it and it just blows your mind but furiosa is still fun and cinematography is still amazing but like i said, its more of the same like it has upgraded big rig chase and the stakes are also lowered because we know she survives and lives so we are kind of spoiled on part of the story

still worth a viewing in this world/universe

damn, no one showed up to see this movie, it barely beat garfield for the 3day but garfield is expected to beat in the 4day memorial weekend

I checked it out yesterday. It had a lot of action but its not the 2 hour chase scene like the first one. Chris Hemsworth had fun with Dementus. The whole movie was basically world building which leaves me to believe there will be a 3rd. The first one was a 10/10. Furiousa is like a 7/10.

damn, no one showed up to see this movie, it barely beat garfield for the 3day but garfield is expected to beat in the 4day memorial weekend

When the weather is nice, people would rather be outside at concerts, baseball games, amusement parks, beaches etc

Timing is everything

When the weather is nice, people would rather be outside at concerts, baseball games, amusement parks, beaches etc

Timing is everything

while true, memorial day weekends are usually good business for movie going

Checked it out earlier today. It's a good, but not great movie. Anya Taylor-Joy was fine, and Chris Hemsworth was great. He was a nice change of pace from the usual mute villain. I felt the movie kind of dragged for a bit in the middle, but finished strong after the attack on the Bullet Farm.

Hope this gets to MAX soon. Helmsworth seems like he's getting his Fast X Jason Mamoa on and having a blast so that's the selling point for me. Didn't care much for Furiosa with the first one so I don't really care about her in this one nor care much for the far eyed girl actress. Gonna need Hardy or even Mel back if I'm gonna watch the third in theaters though.

Hope this gets to MAX soon. Helmsworth seems like he's getting his Fast X Jason Mamoa on and having a blast so that's the selling point for me. Didn't care much for Furiosa with the first one so I don't really care about her in this one nor care much for the far eyed girl actress. Gonna need Hardy or even Mel back if I'm gonna watch the third in theaters though.
FYI. ....thats like 98% of the movie.

Back
Top Bottom