Mad Max: Fury Road starring Tom Hardy

I remember dude wanted the theatric release to be the black and white version.

Surprised they never released it on the original dvd/blu-ray, he was talking about a silent version too with just the score.

I thought the major artistic vision for the film was that he wanted it to be shot with bright colors in mind. Something like he wouldn't do the film unless he could add vibrant contrasting colors like he did. Anybody have that interview?

If i recall he didnt want to desaturate the color unless he could go all the way to black and white which the studio wasnt having, so he went all the way to the other end and cranked up the colors.

If i recall he didnt want to desaturate the color unless he could go all the way to black and white which the studio wasnt having, so he went all the way to the other end and cranked up the colors.

:pimp:

I would do the same damb thing.

Childish but it worked :lol:

a while back I was able to catch this film in theaters but in black and white, it was pretty insane how the movie looked even more flawless and gorgeous that way. Shows just how great the direction and cinematography really were.

a while back I was able to catch this film in theaters but in black and white, it was pretty insane how the movie looked even more flawless and gorgeous that way. Shows just how great the direction and cinematography really were.

I really want to catch the "black and chrome" edition in theaters but none of spots out here are showing it :smh:

furiousas cool and all and with this spinoff for furiousa, they should continue hardy with his own adventure/sequel
This. I’m hoping they do another Mad Max movie for him and perhaps go further back in time to explore what he was going through before the world went bad. Pretty much re-tell Mad Max when he was a highway police officer.

Mad max universe without Max? Not really interested, even though George is at the helm.

Charlize Theron ‘felt so threatened’ by Tom Hardy making Mad Max she required on-set protection

New book details allegations of unprofessional behaviour and aggression during making of George Miller’s 2015 blockbuster Mad Max: Fury Road

Theron and other crew members allege a litany of unprofessional behaviour on the part of Hardy, including persistent lateness causing his co-workers to wait for hours on set.

In one instance, Hardy was due on set at 8am, along with the rest of the cast and crew required that day. They included Theron, then a new mother whose baby was in childcare nearby while she worked.

Despite producers having made a “special request” for Hardy to be punctual, he was more than three hours late, during which time Theron remained in position, ready to shoot. “She was really going to make a point,” recalled camera operator Mark Goellnicht. “She didn’t go to the bathroom, didn’t do anything. She just sat in the War Rig.”

When Hardy finally arrived, Theron asked Hardy: “How disrespectful are you?” and said the producers should “fine the ******* **** a hundred thousand dollars for every minute that he’s held up this crew”.

Hardy responded by “charging up to her” and saying: “What did you say to me?” Goellnicht said Hardy seemed “quite aggressive” and that Theron “really felt threatened.”

“That was the turning point, because then she said, ‘I want someone as protection.’”

Theron added: “It got to a place where it was kind of out of hand, and there was a sense that maybe sending a woman producer down could maybe equalise some of it, because I didn’t feel safe.

“I don’t want to make excuses for bad behaviour, but it was a tough shoot. Now, I have a very clear perspective on what went down. I don’t think I had that clarity when we were making the movie. I was in survival mode; I was really scared ****less.”

However, the producer assigned to Theron, Denise Di Novi, was barred from set by producer Doug Mitchell, meaning that Theron “still felt pretty naked and alone” on set.

“You understand the needs of a director who wants to protect his set, but when push comes to shove and things get out of hand, you have to be able to think about that in a bigger sense,” Theron continued. “That’s where we could have done better, if George trusted that nobody was going to come and **** with his vision but was just going to come and help mediate situations.”

Miller’s actions led to “several weeks on that movie where I wouldn’t know what was going to come my way, and that’s not necessarily a nice thing to feel when you’re on your job. It was a little bit like walking on thin ice.”

Miller said he felt “disappointment about the process” and added: “Looking back, if I had to do it again, I would probably be more mindful.”

The contributors to Buchanan’s book broadly agree that the friction between Theron and Hardy might have perversely helped the on-screen tension, but was largely the product of bull-headedness on Hardy’s part.

Assistant cameraman Ricky Schamburg called Hardy “very provocative” and Theron the opposite, while key second assistant director Samantha McGrady called Theron “the easiest person to deal with”.

“Boy ******* howdy, was it clear that those two people hated each other,” said editor J Houston Yang. “They didn’t want to touch each other, they didn’t want to look at each other, they wouldn’t face each other if the camera wasn’t actively rolling.”

Co-star Nicholas Hoult likened the on-set atmosphere to being “on your summer holidays and the adults in the front of the car are arguing”; a comparison Theron agreed with: “It was horrible! We should not have done that; we should have been better. I can own up to that.”

Hardy responded by saying he was “in over my head in many ways”.

“The pressure on both of us was overwhelming at times. What she needed was a better, perhaps more experienced partner in me. That’s something that can’t be faked. I’d like to think that now that I’m older and uglier, I could rise to that occasion.”

The Guardian has contacted Hardy’s representatives for further comment.

Relations between Theron and Hardy thawed slightly as the shoot progressed and the plot involved the pair becoming closer, with Goellnicht crediting the change to Hardy being “such a method actor that I think he took the arc in the literal sense.”

Miller’s film won six awards at the 2016 Oscars. A further film in the series will explore the backstory of Furiosa with Anya Taylor-Joy taking over the role in place of Theron.

So she yelled at another actor and got yelled at in return? Shouldn’t be doing that in the workplace, better to let the boss/manager handle that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom