Lovecraft Country | Cancelled By HBO

Oh so this is how William is actually Christina. She goes in that locked room and changes in to a dude.

Wait so the cop is black too?!?!
I don't know what that was. He was turning black or had serious wounds or something.

Last edited:
One that came to mind was Dickinson. It didnt work.

Underground (Jurnee was on this show too) did the same hing but it worked for me

Another good episode, revealed a lot that ppl were already thinkin ...Ruby getting in too deep

What if the white lady that Ruby turned into was somebody else on that potion when they 1st met her in the earlier episodes? That would be wild

Loved this episode. A couple of yall called it with William/Christina. As soon as Christina showed up when Ruby was serving food, I started to believe it.

I understand that Tamara wasnt qualified and that upset Ruby but I still think Ruby treated her worse than she had too.

I understand that Tamara wasnt qualified and that upset Ruby but I still think Ruby treated her worse than she had too.

I think that's the point they were trying to make. Isn't this what happens in life? Sometimes, individuals are harder on people of their own race/culture. It started out with you thinking Ruby was justified because Tamara was less qualified than her, but it just turned into hatred after that. Nothing but a branch of divide and conquer. That **** is so deeply rooted.

Loved this episode. A couple of yall called it with William/Christina. As soon as Christina showed up when Ruby was serving food, I started to believe it.

That was Ruby projecting heavy. Remember how Leti told her go down and apply and she said she they wouldn't take her? The other young woman applied anyway and got it just for Ruby to find out she wasn't "qualified". I get why Ruby felt that way but the only person she should be upset with is herself.

Yea, I agree with both of yall. Ruby allowed the false feeling of superiority consume her for a second then checked it at the end.

Man. Talk about some timely art? Oh, this show is gonna piss a lot of white folks off. Good.

Lovecraft Country
Watchmen
Plot Against America
Succession
Euphoria

Are def Timely....and incredibly done. It’s really making it hard for me to get into other shows man. Not even trying to be a snob or elitist or nothing...but a lot of other tv/shows/movies and **** just don’t hold my attention anymore.

Except POWER. Because Tariq is KONY :pimp:

5A44F4E3-553D-485B-88FF-E423A51544FB.png

This episode, was def for the ladies tho, and lgbt etc folks. Felt really targeted and heavy handed...but I ain’t mad at it.

This might have been my 2nd favorite episode so far.

I loved the story telling about being yourself, wearing a mask to get by, metamorphosis, and the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde nod. There was just beautiful illustration throughout. Great episode.

The body horror was awesome too ! Especially that scene in the alley.

Back
Top Bottom