LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

Originally Posted by vector23

Some questions:
Why didn't Jack's eyes dilate like they did in the first episode?
What's the relationship between Eloise Hawkins and Widmore?

I think It's normal for your eyes to dilate when you open them because your pupil needs to compensate for the incoming light. Who knows maybe it hassomething to do with what Faraday said way back when about "the light is different on the island, it scatters"

so far the relationship between Eloise and Widmore was that they were the original "Others" on the island under Richard Alpert. But I believe theresalot more to Eloise that needs to be explained because she looks like she's playing both sides with Ben and Widmore off the island.

Since they needed a pregnant chick on the plane to replace Claire maybe Kates pregnant?

Did the title 316 stand for the Bible passage John 3:16?

Originally Posted by JoE TwEnTy1

Since they needed a pregnant chick on the plane to replace Claire maybe Kates pregnant?

This is exactly what I was thinking. I don't think they would have included the scene showing them jumping in the sack if it weren't for a reason.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

So wait when was Jack's first trip to the island quik?

Also like I stated last night the people in the plane needed to re-create the original(or maybe not) crash. I think there has been alot of role switches.

Locke--->Christian
Jack---->Locke
Sayid---->Kate
Unknown Arabic/Indian guy--->Ana Lucia (supposedly)
Ben---->Charlie

How was Jack=Locke?
Ben also recreated a Hurley element arriving Late.

And Hurley brought a Guitar like Charlie?

Yea you know what scratch that one off the list. I was thinking of how Jack has become more Locke-like in his thinking. He's more faith now than sciencelike how locke was. I forgot that Locke didn't come to the island that way.

I guess Jack remains as Jack but now with some Locke qualities.

How did Hurley get out of Jail? Maybe they found out (from Ben) that it was Sayid and not Hurley who killed those people?
Ben's lawyer, who also represents Claire's mother, tells him that the charges brought against Hurley were bogus and the trial would notmove past initial stages. This is the scene that happens in the parking garage.

is it safe to say that ben murked Penny?

I think it's possible that he tried but either Desmond or Widmore's people beat him and threw him in the river, since he was soaking wet and lookedlike he caught a bad one.

Also, Ben was reading James Joyce's Ulysses, a novel famous for it's cyclical structure. The last page leads into the first page. No way that's anaccident.

Did anyone else wonder who the "man" Hawkings spoke about that figured out the equations and location of the island moving through time?

I was guess she may have been talking about Widmore....I could be wrong but it was intriguing that she was going out of her way to not say his name.

Good catch johnTwenty1 with the John 3:16 reference!

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

So wait when was Jack's first trip to the island quik?

Also like I stated last night the people in the plane needed to re-create the original(or maybe not) crash. I think there has been alot of role switches.

Locke--->Christian
Jack---->Locke
Sayid---->Kate
Unknown Arabic/Indian guy--->Ana Lucia (supposedly)
Ben---->Charlie

Maybe that is why Ben went to the bathroom sort of how Charlie did in the original crash to recreate it to the best of their abilities.

And I don't think Lapidus being on the plane is a coincidence I think Hawking has a role in that.
I dont know when, maybe as a child? Like Crazy said, there is no solid proof he has been but several things point to it. but then again it couldjust be a case of reading the clues incorrectly. Thats happened to me a lot lol.

I dont think there is a direct correlation for each character. I look at it like positions on a team. If you want to play you got to fill all the basic
positions.
Someone said something about Kate might be preggers. I would hate for them to go that route. Why not just have someone else on the plane pregnant.
Though John= Christian right now, I still think Jack = Christian in the grand scheme of things. My thing is who did Christian bring to the island? Jacob maybe.LOL Im kidding with that one.

What was the deal with Jacks Grandfather? Did anyone catch the dialogue? Was anything specific mentioned?

damn you guys pay attn to every detail, just readin about it gives me a headache
laugh.gif

i'll probably re-watch the show
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

nyknicks said in earlier posts that lapidus wasnt going to be the one to fly them back....?? whats up with that?
He said he made a mistake.

Also don't forget that Sun has Jins ring.

The verse occurs in a narrative in the New Testament third chapter of John taking place in Jerusalem. Nicodemus, a member of the ruling council, comes to talk with Jesus, whom he calls Rabbi. Jesus' miracles have convinced Nicodemus that Jesus is sent from God. In reply, Jesus declares, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again" (verses 5-6). John 3:16 summarizes Jesus's lesson to Nicodemus: that belief in Jesus is the only path to eternal life.

For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting.

Thoughts and Observations from last night's episode:
-
eek.gif
at the prospect of the Dharma Initiative having stations off of theIsland. I wonder what man Hawking was talking about who built the room with the pendulum?
- The way Hawking was describing everything was pretty annoying. That whole scene seemed very elementary.
- I think there is significance to Desmond saying that these people just use and we are just the pieces...
- The conversation Jack had with his grand dad definitely made it seem like his grand dad knew about the island.
- Why don't they turn on the damn lights?
laugh.gif
. Kate definitely lookedand acted like a different person after she lost possession of Aaron.
- Something sketch definitely happened to Ben. I like the theories some stated that Widmore was behind him getting beat down. I don't believe he harmedPenny though.
- The guy offering his condolences had a familiarity to him and seemed like he will be important in the future.
- Lapidus' quotable was hilarious. Great writing/acting.
roll.gif

- Ben was also hilarious this episode. Back to his manipulating and lying ways. In the beginning of the episode Hawking said something to the effect of"He's probably lying" which makes me think shes with Widmore.

As for questions:
- I wonder how Jin got hooked up with Dharma.
- Where is Sun, Ben, and Sayid at?

Next week looks sick though!!
pimp.gif

Crap.

I was just searching google for next week's promo.
And I just accidentally "spoiled myself" by looking at certain set pics of our Losties. But I am more excited than ever for the following weeksepisodes.

This episode was pure insanity though, it just felt like everything moved very quickly.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Ok....after collecting my thoughts. Here are a few theories I have spurred by this episode.

1. Since, this flight was supposed to mimic the Oceanic Flight, the Indian fellow that expressed his condolences had to have taken the place of someone at the ticket counter in Sydney that interacted with Jack. If I remember right, Ana Lucia offered him condolences in Sydney. Same goes with Sayid and his captor and Kate and her captor on 815.

2. After hearing Jack speak to his grandfather about putting the white shoes on Christian's body, it all dawned on me. Just as in "The White Rabbit" when Jack noticed his father on the beach in the white shoes, once Locke's body is returned to the island, he will become an omniscient being like that of Christian and Jacob. He will be one of the true protectors of the island.

3. I think it's all cyclical. I say there were people on flight 815 "going back" as well. Christian Shepherd was the omniscient being on that flight...like Locke is on the Ajira flight.

4. It's pretty obvious that they've landed in the 60's prior to "the purge." I wonder if the rest of them will have to help Ben kill the Dharma workers.

5. It's evident to me from the previews for next week that Kate went and saw Ben. He offered protection for Aaron (LIES). In return she had to go back to the island.

6. So now Ben will have his bargaining chip. He now has "the prince" (the name of the ep. two weeks ago centering on Aaron) in his possession.

7. Like I said earlier, I think Widmore had goons watching Penny from afar. When Ben went for the kill, they jacked him up.

That's all for now. I'll probably think of more.
I thought of something else. This pertains to the question of, "How did Hurley end up on the plane?"

8. I think Hurley was visited by Charlie, who told him to go back and to bring a guitar with him because he'll need it....why else would he have a guitarwith him right out of the looney bin?

Originally Posted by upstateboibeats

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I think you mean Kate messing around with Jack.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

She needed hers.

hahahaha

Kate's a strange one. She seems to be at her horniest when she's scared or depressed.

I thought of something else. This pertains to the question of, "How did Hurley end up on the plane?"

8. I think Hurley was visited by Charlie, who told him to go back and to bring a guitar with him because he'll need it....why else would he have a guitar with him right out of the looney bin?
that'd be ill.

So much stuff going on right now .. it's exciting/weird/kinda aggravating knowing we'll never have a definitive answer to all of it.

best. show. ever.

The most important connection with the Book Ben was reading (Ulysses) is that in the novel, the main character has a child with another man while she ismarried. I think this means that Kate IS pregnant, and not with Jack, but Sawyers baby.

Edit: Sound Familiar?

Ok....after collecting my thoughts. Here are a few theories I have spurred by this episode.

1. Since, this flight was supposed to mimic the Oceanic Flight, the Indian fellow that expressed his condolences had to have taken the place of someone at the ticket counter in Sydney that interacted with Jack. If I remember right, Ana Lucia offered him condolences in Sydney. Same goes with Sayid and his captor and Kate and her captor on 815.

2. After hearing Jack speak to his grandfather about putting the white shoes on Christian's body, it all dawned on me. Just as in "The White Rabbit" when Jack noticed his father on the beach in the white shoes, once Locke's body is returned to the island, he will become an omniscient being like that of Christian and Jacob. He will be one of the true protectors of the island.

3. I think it's all cyclical. I say there were people on flight 815 "going back" as well. Christian Shepherd was the omniscient being on that flight...like Locke is on the Ajira flight.

4. It's pretty obvious that they've landed in the 60's prior to "the purge." I wonder if the rest of them will have to help Ben kill the Dharma workers.

5. It's evident to me from the previews for next week that Kate went and saw Ben. He offered protection for Aaron (LIES). In return she had to go back to the island.

6. So now Ben will have his bargaining chip. He now has "the prince" (the name of the ep. two weeks ago centering on Aaron) in his possession.

7. Like I said earlier, I think Widmore had goons watching Penny from afar. When Ben went for the kill, they jacked him up.

That's all for now. I'll probably think of more.

8. I think Hurley was visited by Charlie, who told him to go back and to bring a guitar with him because he'll need it....why else would he have a guitar with him right out of the looney bin?

gottagitdemjs, I like what you have to say. The first thing I thought of with the guitar was Charlie.

As for your point #3, we've seen that a good number of people are immortal or have at least escaped death on multiple occasions. I wonder if this has to dowith being lost in time on the island. People like Locke, Christian, Richard Alpert, Sawyer, etc. should all be dead and gone by now but aren't.

Regardless, one thing I'm happy about is that the O6 returned to the island so quickly. I thought they were going to drag this out until the end of theseason. What's great though is that they left a lot of questions unanswered about what happened in those final days before returning to the island (whathappened with Aaron and Ben, for example), so we may see a return to flashbacks while they continue the on-island story.

I still don't get this recreation of the original flight thing (your point #1). I like what someone said earlier -- they crashed and only the O6 jumped intime and are now in sync with the other 815 survivors in whatever time period they are in, but the remaining Ajira people crashed in 2008 or whatever. But whydoes Locke have to have Christian's shoes? Is it just to avoid creating major paradoxes in time travel? And we see Jack wake up in possibly the same spothe wakes up in the pilot episode, but we're now in a different time period since Jin is rolling around in a Dharma van. Are there now 2 copies of each ofthese survivors on the island?

Alright, I'm going to stop rambling...

Originally Posted by kix4kix

The most important connection with the Book Ben was reading (Ulysses) is that in the novel, the main character has a child with another man while she is married. I think this means that Kate IS pregnant, and not with Jack, but Sawyers baby.

Edit: Sound Familiar?
eek.gif
But how long have they been off the island? Its been 3years right?

Yeah it wouldn't make any sense for Kate to be pregnant with Sawyers baby, I think that's reaching a bit.

Back
Top Bottom