Lost 17 lbs in 12 days. That there psmf.

I thought it wasn't healthy to lose that much weight that fast :nerd:

thats because its not, its terrible for your heart.

strong discipline >D ... instead of these stupid diets why not eat better and lose weight normally and healthy?

your just gonna end up gaining it back just as quick, i doubt you even lost any fat

alll of thissssssss

do you even lift OP?

Last edited:
Man I can only imagine what yall would say to the millions of people who fast every year

yall straight spazzing on a diet plan b

meh. Id say fasting is a lot healthier than this keto type diet.
just google the adverse effects of ketosis.

Much props to OP for doing such a diet.  I know I couldn't/wouldn't do it.  The thing that scares me, is what happens after you diet.  Isn't a lifestyle change more sustainable?

I went from this:

To this:

Eating stuff like this:

Scrambled egg whites, with roast turkey breast spinach, and pico.

And just for the record, I'm not trying to get at OP, I'm just trying to demonstrate, you can lose weight and get fit in a healthier way...IMO

I have never been big on fad diets or extreme things like that. To each their own though.

Lifestyle changes are much more feasible IMO for long term results and not just a quick fix.

Much props to OP for doing such a diet.  I know I couldn't/wouldn't do it.  The thing that scares me, is what happens after you diet.  Isn't a lifestyle change more sustainable?

Eating stuff like this:
View media item 118991

And just for the record, I'm not trying to get at OP, I'm just trying to demonstrate, you can lose weight and get fit in a healthier way...IMO

i did it the healthier way for awhile. i went from 270 to 200 lbs. i know the struggle. but this is helping get over the wall. its somethng different than just watching my cals and macros and i got amazing fast results. its not like i did this for a year. it just really bothers me when people come in here telling me what im doing is unhealthy. i know what im doing, ive done my research and its just annoying people that dont even have basic knowledge of nutrition come in and act almighty. that like going to your doctor and telling him what he should prescribe u and when he doesnt u call him stupid. i know my stuff.

and ive done my lifestyle change. i eat really clean and on average i eat 2700 cals a day. yall have no idea how annoying it is when people condemn u and they have no idea what theyre talking about.

Last edited:

Eating stuff like this:

i did it the healthier way for awhile. i went from 270 to 200 lbs. i know the struggle. but this is helping get over the wall. its somethng different than just watching my cals and macros and i got amazing fast results. its not like i did this for a year. it just really bothers me when people come in here telling me what im doing is unhealthy. i know what im doing, ive done my research and its just annoying people that dont even have basic knowledge of nutrition come in and act almighty. that like going to your doctor and telling him what he should prescribe u and when he doesnt u call him stupid. i know my stuff.
Fair enough.  Well stated.

Lifestyle over diet.

seems like fitness is more of a short term trend rather than a lifetime goal.

these diets? consumerism at its finest.

Lifestyle over diet.
seems like fitness is more of a short term trend rather than a lifetime goal.
these diets? consumerism at its finest.

consumerism of chicken and protein? lol
i agree that a lifestyle change is necessary but this is a perfect way for a final cut before a comp or getting ready for a halloween costume maybe

You might want to check yourself psychologically and evaluate why you're taking an extreme measure to lose weight.  You binged before you limited yourself to 900 calories (1100 under the recommended daily amount) for 12 days.  Binging is a disorder and I can only imagine being in such a deficit will only make you want to further binge after X amount of "dieting."

There's a reason moderation has never gone out of "style."  Help yourself before you drive yourself crazy man.

Your own doctor will tell you that a 900 calorie diet isn't good.

If I'm not mistaken, your body goes into starvation mode when you eat less than 1200 calories.

Not to mention, that weight you're losing is only partially fat and mostly muscle.

But go ahead, eat that way.

You might want to check yourself psychologically and evaluate why you're taking an extreme measure to lose weight.  You binged before you limited yourself to 900 calories (1100 under the recommended daily amount) for 12 days.  Binging is a disorder and I can only imagine being in such a deficit will only make you want to further binge after X amount of "dieting."

There's a reason moderation has never gone out of "style."  Help yourself before you drive yourself crazy man.

i agree but these binges honestly push me to keep going. and the reason i binged last time is cause i was at home for te first time in a couple months eating home cooking and then went to the tx state fair, i wasnt really dieting prior, just at maintenance. but my cheat days help me psychologically in my opinion. but yea the cravings i got the first time i tried it were unbearable. but this time i think cuz i had so much going on, i didnt really have time to eat anyway so it made is super easy.

Your own doctor will tell you that a 900 calorie diet isn't good.
If I'm not mistaken, your body goes into starvation mode when you eat less than 1200 calories.
Not to mention, that weight you're losing is only partially fat and mostly muscle.
But go ahead, eat that way.

this is another example of spewing about something u dont know... from the outside looking it super unhealthy, just like one would assume about fasting is unhealthy when it has a bunch of health benefits... do some research then get back at me. and it takes weeks of under eating to go into starvation mode. the weekly refeeds make sure ur not going into starvation mode. im not some scrub that just follows fad diets, there is a science behind this one.

nice job OP with the PSMF. It's hard to pull off but I've seen results in bb.com before. I've wanted to try it in the past but never went through with it.

That starvation mode myth needs to die...

Also people saying that he's burning muscle, he's really not because his protein intake is high enough to retain his muscle combined with the lifting weights.

There's also different types of categories for this PSMF diet like Category 1 for the "lean" people, Category 2 for the "in between", and Category 3 for the obese people.

Also people saying that he's burning muscle, he's really not because his protein intake is high enough to retain his muscle combined with the lifting weights.
this is what scares me from most diets.
I would NEVER try ops diet, but dudes always tell you you're burning muscle... no matter what you do.
makes dieting seem impossible

and I'm only a minor in bro science but I'm starting to agree with that starvation myth.

At 207 why was this even necessary, you're not obese. Eating below maintenance would have sufficed. Dudes always want to take short cuts.

nice job OP with the PSMF. It's hard to pull off but I've seen results in bb.com before. I've wanted to try it in the past but never went through with it.

That starvation mode myth needs to die...

There's also different types of categories for this PSMF diet like Category 1 for the "lean" people, Category 2 for the "in between", and Category 3 for the obese people.

LOL at protein saving muscle from being burned. stop it

and of course OP was tired at the gym when lifting, food=energy so when you dont eat of yours you cant do anything and your INCORRECT by saying it happens to anyone who cuts. When i was cutting i was full of energy because i was actually eating food. Oh and thats with no caffeine or stims. Same goes for anyone who cuts, if you eat enough you will be just fine unless you eating far less than your supposed too.

once again, i dont care who "wrote" a book or article. Anyone can write a book these days and get it published. 900 calories for any one is idiotic especially going for more than one day.

broscience in this thread at its finest.

Actually glad I'm on the other end of the spectrum trying to "Put on Mass" as Mac would say.....

Was about 150 coming out of high school (6'2)....took me up until now, 4 yrs later, to be 20 lbs heavier.

Working out 5 days a week and eating more food than I normally would is actually a challenge in itself. No where near as bad as starving myself though....

Goal is to be 185-190 at some point and stay ripped. Can't be running th fastbreak and rising up for windmills with too much bulk...
glasses.gif

900 calories? bruh...
im at 187-89 trying to get down to 180 and stay there but 900 calories in a day. no bueno :smh: i'm 6 ft play ball an average of 3 times a week. i need my 2000 calories :lol:

Last edited:
Losing that much weight that fast is not healthy.

You'll quickly gain it back because your body didn't adapt to it.

A change in weight, is a change in lifestyle.

Always remember, YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

I'm a healthcare professional, by the way.

Last edited:
I thought it wasn't healthy to lose that much weight that fast :nerd:

thats because its not, its terrible for your heart.

strong discipline >D ... instead of these stupid diets why not eat better and lose weight normally and healthy?

your just gonna end up gaining it back just as quick, i doubt you even lost any fat.

This.

And probably one of the most simple mistakes people make when beginning to lost weight. Once they lose a certain amount of weight one week, they automatically assume they suppose to lose the same amount every week. Once they hit that plateau, they give up!

so what if this guy went on this crazy diet? he's already said this isn't permanent.

let's say he goes back to his balanced diet of about 2700 calories. he's not gonna gain all that weight back.

Back
Top Bottom