LOCK.

We definitely look good on paper, but man I still hate Jackson as HC.
Not disagreeing with you, just curious to why u hate Jackson so much?

There's the obvious Singletary coach speak but it's not like he had much to work with last season. Would you rather have kept Keith Smart or hired Mike Malone flat out?

you guys notice that Bob Fitzgerald is doing a lot of the commentating for the olympic bball games?
thought I was trippin when I first heard his voice

you guys notice that Bob Fitzgerald is doing a lot of the commentating for the olympic bball games?
thought I was trippin when I first heard his voice

No bias but Bob is the best basketball commentator ever, I'm glad he's doing the olympics

I was watching the US-France game, it was awesome to see Fitz trying to promote his team by talking about Klay Thompson out of nowhere :lol:

Not disagreeing with you, just curious to why u hate Jackson so much?

There's the obvious Singletary coach speak but it's not like he had much to work with last season. Would you rather have kept Keith Smart or hired Mike Malone flat out?
I honestly don't see what Jackson has done so far as HC; but as you stated - He hasn't had much to work with. Would I have rather kept Smart over Jackson? Probably.

Smart was wrongfully fired though (imho): Won 10+ more games and got the boot.
I recall a game where Jackson said (paraphrasing) "You can do whatever you'd like on the offensive end, but gotta get back on defensive side" :x...Not something I'd like to hear from the HC.

^agree that smart was wrongfully fired. but lacob wanted to make a splash by hiring jackson

Last edited:
No bias but Bob is the best basketball commentator ever, I'm glad he's doing the olympics

Sorry I usually just lurk your guys thread (because Warriors are my 2nd fav. team, growing up in the Bay)...but this made me spit out my water.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Bob is a solid commentator but BEST EVER? Wow. :lol:

that dude is trollin'
bob is turrible. Definitely a yes-man.
however, when listening to others out there..he isnt tooo bad but no where close to best ever.

straight trollin'

Last edited:
Sorry I usually just lurk your guys thread (because Warriors are my 2nd fav. team, growing up in the Bay)...but this made me spit out my water.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Bob is a solid commentator but BEST EVER? Wow. :lol:
He does not speak for all of us...Come back during the regular season and see how much we dislike him.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Bob is a solid commentator but BEST EVER? Wow.
laugh.gif
He does not speak for all of us...Come back during the regular season and see how much we dislike him.
eek.gif
roll.gif

Bob is the biggest homer ever. Glad he got the gig though, Bay Area reppin.' Landry adds toughness to this Charmin soft squad, we'll see about being a top 8 team come April though.

haha Fitz is that dude but BEST EVER? No Way 
laugh.gif

Anyone else think we should of signed Dominic McGuire instead of Rush? IMO i think with all the offensive potential we have, Dom woulda been a great re-sigh for the defensive side of the court.

Last edited:
Bob is the biggest homer ever. Glad he got the gig though, Bay Area reppin.' Landry adds toughness to this Charmin soft squad, we'll see about being a top 8 team come April though.
Bob Fitzgerald is a legit announcer. No matter how much of a homer he is with the Warriors and KNBR. In fact, I was glad to hear a common voice doing the commentating during the Olympic basketball games.

With the signing of Landry and re-signing of Rush, the Warriors finally have a complete team. GM Bob Myers has done wonders within the first couple months. I have faith that the Warriors will have a solid season...Enough to make it to the playoffs.

The team looks solid, but we've seen this before... Let's just see how the season plays out, but it is nice to have a glimpse of hope.

The team looks solid, but we've seen this before... Let's just see how the season plays out, but it is nice to have a glimpse of hope.

Totally agree with this. Our front office has done a very good job of building a team that should have no problem competing for a playoff spot.

Problem is, and call me greedy, I have no interest in building a team that has a ceiling of a 6th seed. So we make the playoffs a couple times in the coming years. What good does that do? I mean, you look at the Giants and the 49ers for an example. They are teams that should have no problem competing for a playoff spot too. But guess what? Both of those teams have a chance to compete for a title. Does this Warriors team have that chance to compete for a title the way its constructed? I say no chance. Ultimately, thats what a rebuilding team should be building for.....a chance at a title. Our FO, on paper, has done a great job building a playoff caliber team from what was a terrible team. But I dont see it going much further than that.

But I guess its a start. Gotta walk before you run right?

Any photoshop experts in here? If yes, may you please help me replace USA with LUC in the same font.
3EKZQ.png

Thank you in advance.

Totally agree with this. Our front office has done a very good job of building a team that should have no problem competing for a playoff spot.
Problem is, and call me greedy, I have no interest in building a team that has a ceiling of a 6th seed. So we make the playoffs a couple times in the coming years. What good does that do? I mean, you look at the Giants and the 49ers for an example. They are teams that should have no problem competing for a playoff spot too. But guess what? Both of those teams have a chance to compete for a title. Does this Warriors team have that chance to compete for a title the way its constructed? I say no chance. Ultimately, thats what a rebuilding team should be building for.....a chance at a title. Our FO, on paper, has done a great job building a playoff caliber team from what was a terrible team. But I dont see it going much further than that.
But I guess its a start. Gotta walk before you run right?

i definitely agree with the "walk before you run" mentality. but i have to disagree with not being interested in a team that's vying for an 6th-8th playoff seed. as a fan, i'm hoping that the warriors can show that they are a playoff team this season with the intention of drawing attention from free agents next off season. you can call that "settling," but i think building a championship team is going to take more than one (or two seasons). great example are the 49ers. barring two silly fumbles, they would have been in the superbowl after being a joke of the team since 2003

Last edited:
i definitely agree with the "walk before you run" mentality. but i have to disagree with not being interested in a team that's vying for an 6th-8th playoff seed. as a fan, i'm hoping that the warriors can show that they are a playoff team this season with the intention of drawing attention from free agents next off season. you can call that "settling," but i think building a championship team is going to take more than one (or two seasons). great example are the 49ers. barring two silly fumbles, they would have been in the superbowl after being a joke of the team since 2003

Gotta take baby steps.

If we establish ourselves as a playoff worthy team then I have no doubt in my mind we'll be in title contention in the near future

Warriors, Curry take stock of futures after pre-camp workout

Posted Aug 17, 2012 10:50 AM
OAKLAND, Calif. -- The training camp essentially started Wednesday, a little less than seven weeks before real training camps open.
Stephen Curry returned from his Charlotte home to work at the Warriors' practice facility for the first time since April surgery on his right ankle and was joined by one of Golden State's backcourt reserves, Charles Jenkins. Curry was back again Thursday, this time going against swingman Kent Bazemore, who is trying to make the team as an undrafted rookie. Another session is scheduled for Friday before Curry will fly home to North Carolina.
This is the start of the eye-test portion of the evaluation for Golden State, so it is understandable that general manager Bob Myers and coach Mark Jackson would watch Curry take the repaired leg out for a spin. The real training camp, beginning Oct. 2, will offer a much better read. The exhibition games will be another step. But enough is at stake that Curry-Bazemore is an important scouting mission.
Curry has been knocked from the lineup five different times in the last two seasons, not counting problems in exhibition play, and the Warriors have an Oct. 31 deadline looming to decide on a contract extension for him. So every viewing party matters.

Once Curry gets through the scrutiny in training camp (beyond judging how he and second-year guard Klay Thompson will mesh), the gut call comes: Do the Warriors do the new deal before opening night tips and trust the ankle will hold up once and for all? Or should they use 2012-13 as the proving ground and get into the contract next summer?
Tens of millions of dollars are on the line, with a short evaluation period in which to make a very risky call.
"I've talked to Bob," Curry said after the Wednesday burn that lasted about 90 minutes, in addition to his therapy. "He's expressed that they want me as a part of the future. Obviously it's a business decision, an investment, and they have to protect themselves as well. I don't know what that'll mean and exactly what they'll offer. But hopefully they see how hard I've been working in the summer to get back and that I have a different optimism than I've had going into each year. I'm ready to go.
"They've seen me work out a little bit now. Knowing that we went into the ankle in April and saw there was no structural damage, no red flags that say, 'Hey, he's not going to be the same player ever again' -- all those things kind of add up to me being a good investment piece for the future."
The Warriors will talk contract ahead of Oct. 31. But what is not clear is whether they will be courtesy conversations, designed to let Curry know he is wanted yet minus the serious money to close the deal.
Golden State can always pass now and come back to the contract talks in July, a comforting safety net. But if Curry stays healthy and plays well -- a real possibility for a point guard who averaged 17.5 points his first three seasons while shooting 47.3 percent overall and 44.1 percent on 3-pointers -- it raises the chance that another team goes for the steal with a bloated offer sheet. The Warriors could, and almost certainly would, match. But ask the Trail Blazers how that can go (see: Batum, Nicolas).
Reaching an agreement now means the Warriors are banking that the Steph Curry voodoo dolls and needles have been collected from the fates that cost him 37 games last season and eight in 2010-11 (both times due to a right ankle injury). Waiting until after this season risks another team driving a truck through Golden State's salary structure.

It's a crossroads for the player as well. If Curry considers the October offer too low and has another problematic season, the money will shrink. If he takes the security and the deal by Halloween and then flourishes in an offense loaded with scorers capable of putting defenses in scramble mode, he will have sold himself short.
"You're playing chess with it," Curry said. "If they were to take that approach to wait and I've had a great season, hopefully it would spark some interest across the league for the future and the price would drive up. If I were the Warriors, I'd offer a reasonable amount and sign me up now."
He wants to get something done before the regular season begins. He has recovered enough from the April 25 surgery that he has been cleared for every activity except contact five-on-five. No pain, no real setbacks, he said Wednesday. Curry remains on schedule to be 100 percent by opening night.
Nonetheless, this remains an important August.

Back
Top Bottom