LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

This needs to play out a bit more...

Kevin Love is good, I get that obviously but depending on the package put out there we're simply moving our talent around to a different position. Yes, Kerr wants a stretch 4 but I don't want to deplete our team to make it happen...not when MN really has no leverage in this situation.
The Splash Brother relationship flows only in one direction: Curry feeding Thompson. It’s not a reciprocal relationship in the way a pick-and-roll between Love and Curry would be. . Klay is not a superstar, he is not a play maker, only averages 2.2 assists, and he has not improved his handle like a paul george or james harden, or durant. He is improving, but his ceiling is not a $15 million a year player. He's only 23rd in PER for SGs.

In the playoffs, Curry suffers because teams game-plan for him and are fixated on him because theres no other dynamic offensive option. This wouldn’t be the case with Love in Golden State. Not only can Love get his own shot, but he’d afford the Warriors the "four-out" spacing with which Curry thrives. 

Since teams must respect Curry’s off-the-dribble 3-point shot, they have to guard his pick-and-rolls a bit differently. When there are four 3-point shooters on the floor, Curry gets teams in situations in which not a single defender is in the paint. A Love-Curry pick-and-roll would shatter a lot of defensive schemes. And with uncommonly sharp shooting for a power forward, Love complements Curry in a way Thompson can't.

By the numbers last season, the Warriors went 4-out with Stephen Curry 1184 minutes. This was 37.7% of Curry’s total minutes played between the regular season and playoffs. The Warriors didn’t have a traditional stretch 4 on the roster but were able to utilize Draymond Green and Harrison Barnes in the role. These lineups included everything from Bogut or Lee as the lone big, to 195 minutes with Speights as the only big. There was even 121 minutes of lineups with Draymond Green at C.

The results? Stephen Curry averaged 26.4 points per 36 minutes with 63.7 true shooting %. Of high volume players, only Lebron James scored more efficiently (Kevin Durant’s TS% was 63.5). Curry averaged 7.7 assists per 36 minutes, and 4.4 rebounds. 26/7/4 with second highest scoring efficiency in the NBA? Yeah I’d say that’s grounded for utilizing Stretch 4’s more often.

This is a stark contrast to when Stephen Curry played with 2 big traditional men. In lineups with 2 traditional bigs, Curry averaged 21.5 points per 36 with a 59.0 TS%, 8.7 assists and 4.0 rebounds per 36. All-star level production, but not near his production is with Stretch 4s.

It’s not just Curry’s shooting which benefits from the 4 out, it’s his ability to penetrate the paint. When the Warriors went 4 out, Curry would get to the free throw line 5.3 times per 36 minutes, with two big men 4.0.

The 4-out also becomes a problem when teams hedge hard and trap him like the Clippers tried. The first three games, the Warriors started O’Neal and Lee, and Curry would find himself trapped by one of the Clippers big men with the other one lurking in the paint. When the Warriors moved Draymond Green into the starting lineup, the Clippers had a harder time after trapping Curry because there was no big man around the paint looking to help. It’s hardly surprising after the lineup change, Curry averaged 26.8 points on 62.5TS% in the last 4 games of the series, after only averaging 18 points on 55.1TS% and struggling to get shots off.
- http://www.warriorsworld.net/2014/06/12/stephen-curry-and-the-stretch-4/

I get that people think Iguodala is a better defender, but I still think Klay is a pretty good defender. Even with occasional bonehead play, he still did a pretty good job on Chris Paul this year and Tony Parker last year.
Back to the trade, I don't think I could live with giving up both Thompson and Barnes. I'd have to agree, wait it out and if something can happen, great. The Warriors could always look to move Lee next season or just let him expire.
Klay may price himself away, but if he continues to improve, he could always turn into a nice sign-and-trade asset at the very least.

I like the Kevin Kevin trade but we will suck at defense.

Also if we lose klay we can potentially loose those quick starts or quick points when we need them. Love will score, curry will score but like on nights if they aren't feeling it it could get nasty. Especially if Martin gets into a shooting slump, he'll just shoot out of it. I had him in fantasy lol he'll shoot like 12/16 on night then the next 3/20

Especially if Martin gets into a shooting slump, he'll just shoot out of it. I had him in fantasy lol he'll shoot like 12/16 on night then the next 3/20
reminds me of a certain assclown already on GSW playing 2guard...

Thank you.
Who is arguing that though? That comment came out of nowhere. Alluding to offbad's "Klay isnt the best defender" line. He definitely isnt but he's definitely an asset on that end of the court. And he hasnt shown the willingness to grab rebounds and push the ball yet.
it's only in the post prior to the comment i made...

SMH, i still don't understand how we'll automatically suck on defense once Klay is gone !??!

Homies, he's NOT TOP 3! 

You take away Bogut, Igoudala, or Draymond... Then I'll raise that question. 
mean.gif

These 3 are Top 15 defenders in the NBA right now.

And let's get another thing straight..

It's not like Kevin Love is THAT bad on Defense, like David Lee. 

It's not like Steph Curry is THAT bad on Defense, like James Harden. 

If we get Love that's:

2 Top Defenders and 2 Top Scorers in our line up.

With all 4 knowing how to pass also. I'll take that in a heartbeat.

Shoot, you can put the White DRose in that starting line up and we'll still balance.

It's like this...

Warriors we're fortunate enough to have Curry miss 2 games this season. Who would've been our 2nd Go-To Guy if he got injured? Lee??? No. Klay??? Hell no.

We NEED that 2nd Go-To Guy on offense. And Klay isn't that dude yet.

You need somebody who can stretch the floor, and create his own shot like Curry.

Pop-UP shooters aren't Go-To players.  

The Heat turn to DWade if Lebron gets hurt, not Ray Allen.

All and all, Warriors can easily find a decent 2 in the FA, or the year after. Especially once you establish Curry and Love together, we'll attract more players like the Iggy Effect.

End.

I don't get why losing Klay will drastically change our defense when we aren't losing out best perimeter defenders. Curry gets exposed whoever he defends, nothings gonna change unless he gets better defensively during the off-season. Iggy and Dray can still defend the best scoring threat on the opposition while we get better offensively (IMO) with the Kevins trade.

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 3m

An NBA source told me tonight that the Warriors flat out will not do the deals that Minnesota is currently suggesting.

It sounds like they want Klay, Lee, and Barnes, and have the Warriors take back Martin's contract in the process.

There are certain posts I don't see or care to see.  Your's quickly becoming one of them.  Love how you make one individual's opinion seem like it's a commonly accepted fact.  Just like your opinion that Iguodala can all of a sudden turn it on offensively and was just holding back all year.  Laughable.  "The end."

Last edited:

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 3m

An NBA source told me tonight that the Warriors flat out will not do the deals that Minnesota is currently suggesting.

It sounds like they want Klay, Lee, and Barnes, and have the Warriors take back Martin's contract in the process.
Plus they want our 2015 1st and Flip Saunders doesn't want to give up their 2014 1st (13th overall)

Last edited:

There are certain posts I don't see or care to see.  Your's quickly becoming one of them.  Love how you make one individual's opinion seem like it's a commonly accepted fact.  Just like your opinion that Iguodala can all of a sudden turn it on offensively and was just holding back all year.  Laughable.  "The end."
sorry that you feel some type of way when people don't agree with your personal ill-defined opinions.

if you had cared for reading comprehension at all i wasn't even addressing you when saying clay isn't a good defender. 

you don't speak as if you know basketball very much-- iguodala has hovered near the same FG% his entire career, while taking less shots recently.

translation: he can score if he wants. he isn't the offensive focus, nor is he inclined to be. his ability has never been questioned. 

you also seem to think that losing clay would have the opposing 1-2-3 positions feasting on GSW.

maybe you have some kind of vendetta against andre iguodala.

thank goodness for the block user option; i'm tired of your asinine posts. your best argument has been akin to some weird ad hominem/straw man hybrid. 

I typed out a response and just deleted it.  Not worth it. 

**** you, you pompous hack. 
laugh.gif

I typed out a response and just deleted it.  Not worth it. 

**** you, you pompous hack. :lol:

It would appear that...All we need is.........................Love.

Looks like this thread is finally functioning exactly how it was before. Feel like I'm back in 2008 reading these last few posts :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom