LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

Ex-LAC asst. Alvin Gentry has agreed to a 3-year context to be associate head coach of the Warriors under first year head coach Steve Kerr.

- @SpearsNBAYahoo

Gentry a great pickup and it's doubly good because the Clippers lost him
laugh.gif

Last edited:
GSW needs to try to get Love/Martin for Klay/Lee

the amount of FTs those two Kevins would take... 
eek.gif

this would be such an amazing trade for GSW

Kerr+Gentry partnership again 
glasses.gif

That Curry/Martin backcourt is going to be a headache defensively.  What 4's and 5's got on Lee, 1's, 2's and 3's will get on Curry/Martin/(Barea)/(Crawford) ....

sick.gif

Last edited:
GSW needs to try to get Love/Martin for Klay/Lee

the amount of FTs those two Kevins would take... :wow:  
this would be such an amazing trade for GSW

Kerr+Gentry partnership again 8)  
This is a huge plus that I've been emphasizing to others. It can definitely help swing momentum our way when things get rough.

I'm dying for this trade to go down.

And What up is just sad to see Klay leave.

I hope you guys get Love. He's a great player, I'd love to see him more on national TV. Him and Curry together will be awesome.

Lord knows Klay has frustrated the **** out of me in the past but I personally don't think the net gain will amount to a lot more W's or true improvement of the team. The wild card here is Kerr and his schemes.  

I'll miss Klay's on-ball defense though.  Iggy won't be able to match up on Redick for extended stretches ever again.  (And give up buckets on top of that).  

Klay HB Dlee... Idgaf just get this trade done.. KLove will be worth it. He would thrive in a triangle offense

Lord knows Klay has frustrated the **** out of me in the past but I personally don't think the net gain will amount to a lot more W's or true improvement of the team. The wild card here is Kerr and his schemes.  

That's exactly how I feel about getting Kevin Love. It could work out very well, but I don't know if this is a move that would put the Warriors over the hump and become a real championship contender. That being said, I think I'd still do the trade, and especially so if the W's can somehow get a 1st rounder from Minnesota from it for taking back Martin's bad contract.

Last edited:

That Curry/Martin backcourt is going to be a headache defensively.  What 4's and 5's got on Lee, 1's, 2's and 3's will get on Curry/Martin/(Barea)/(Crawford) ....

sick.gif

because all of a sudden iguodala has ceased to exist...

sick.gif

We still have 3 premier defenders in Iggy, bogut and draymond green. I'd rather start iggy at SG, Barnes at SF, and have Martin off the bench as 6th man. But I'm sure Bob Myers will address the SG position through trade or FA.

Unless we have another deal in place for a SG that can play right away and contribute on both sides of the court then this deal does not scream “absolutely get it done!” in my opinion. We are not a great defensive team to begin with and we would be losing arguably our best one. I've voiced my displeasures about Klay but I'm not sold that this deal is worth giving him up. I can already seeing our frontcourt getting in foul trouble because Curry/Martin cannot stay in front of their man.

I've heard on 957 earlier that Iguodala or Draymond can switch to guarding the 2 if Klay gets dealt. I couldn't disagree more. Andre is getting older and I do not want to see Draymond have to run through screens the whole game. Also if we move Iguodala to the 2 then we would have to require him to score more than he did last season and his scoring has constantly dipped the last few seasons.

Last edited:
implying implying implying

it is not arguable that klay was the best defender on GSW, simply because he is not. the end. 

2guard has become so marginalized and one dimensional in today's NBA.

it's laughable that you think iguodala at 2 will necessitate him to score more frequently-- and that you think he isn't capable of it. 

Unless we have another deal in place for a SG that can play right away and contribute on both sides of the court then this deal does not scream “absolutely get it done!” in my opinion. We are not a great defensive team to begin with and we would be losing arguably our best one. I've voiced my displeasures about Klay but I'm not sold that this deal is worth giving him up. I can already seeing our frontcourt getting in foul trouble because Curry/Martin cannot stay in front of their man.

I've heard on 957 earlier that Iguodala or Draymond can switch to guarding the 2 if Klay gets dealt. I couldn't disagree more. Andre is getting older and I do not want to see Draymond have to run through screens the whole game. Also if we move Iguodala to the 2 then we would have to require him to score more than he did last season and his scoring has constantly dipped the last few seasons.
Most of Iggy's job was to play defense, and pass to curry and Klay coming off screens. Our entire "vanilla" offense was predicated on Isolations and pick and roll with steph/lee or bogut. Of course Andre's scoring would dip because we didn't have a plan for him offensively.

If we run a motion offense which Gentry will install or even the spurs or triangle offense, I'm sure he will get easy baskets cutting to the basket or coming off of screens with the ball in his hands driving to the basket. We saw none of that with Iggy. Just backing down defenders and taking midrange jumpers. In a new system, players like draymond, iggy, barnes and bogut should contribute on offense.

Do you really think Myers doesn't have a contingency plan? This is the guy who traded Monta for Bogut, Beans and Jefferson for Igoudala. In Myers we trust. I know he has something up his sleeve for the SG position.

Report: Pelicans' Anthony Morrow will opt out, become free agent

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...anthony-morrow-will-opt-out-become-free-agent
nerd.gif

Even with the Warriors willing to include Thompson, the Wolves likely will seek another player — forwards Harrison Barnes or Draymond Green — in return for swapping a three-time All-Star and accepting back Lee’s huge contract, which has two years and more than $30 million remaining.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/263922581.html
The Minnesota Timberwolves  are seeking a future first-round pick from the Golden State Warriors  in addition to the rights to prized marksman Klay Thompson  in Kevin Love  trade talks, according to sources close to the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Warriors, while they covet Love greatly, have been weighing internally whether they're prepared to give up two such assets in addition to former All-Star forward David Lee  for Love and Wolves swingman Kevin Martin.

Sources say the Wolves also have expressed interest in Warriors forward Harrison Barnes, with various trade constructions being exchanged by the teams in recent days as next Thursday's draft draws near.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...s-add-klay-thompson-possible-kevin-love-trade

Last edited:
This needs to play out a bit more...

Kevin Love is good, I get that obviously but depending on the package put out there we're simply moving our talent around to a different position. Yes, Kerr wants a stretch 4 but I don't want to deplete our team to make it happen...not when MN really has no leverage in this situation.

Hell, if nothing happens after the draft (when 2015 first rounders can be used) then I'm willing to wait it out until MN gives in to pressure - that can be a deadline deal for all I care.

In a perfect world, MN sits on something that never materializes and Love opts out and signs where he wants as a FA after next season. The same year Lee is actually an asset because he's an expiring deal. Pipe dream, I know.

Thank you.

Who is arguing that though? That comment came out of nowhere. Alluding to offbad's "Klay isnt the best defender" line. He definitely isnt but he's definitely an asset on that end of the court. And he hasnt shown the willingness to grab rebounds and push the ball yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom