LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

I'm still skeptical at how much Kevin Love would actually change the team, especially losing Klay. For sure, Love is an outstanding player and is a huge upgrade over David Lee, but I'm not sure if he's really THAT good and would help the W's win many more games. His teams in Minnesota weren't great, but I just feel if Love were that good his teams would have done a little bit better.

It would be nice to have Kevin Martin come off the bench as a scorer though to sweeten the deal.

Edit: There's rumors that Minnesota's 1st rounder would be in play...if so, I'll be more on board with it than before. The Warriors can pick up another shooter at Minnesota's draft spot (13) and there should be some good ones available.

Last edited:
Kevin Martin > KLANK thompson 
pimp.gif

The near future awaits us.

MAKE THIS DEAL HAPPEN!!!!

Starting:

The Chef

Kevin Martin

Iggy

K LOVE

Aussie

Bench:

JJ Barea (which btw > blake)

Crawford

Barnes

Green

Festus

i like it!

Kevin Martin is not better than Klay :lol:
He's basically a guard version of DLee.

But yes, I'd take Kevin Love.

Damn WTF now "sources" are saying the TWolves would throw in their 13th pick?!

"Sources: Twolves & Warriors discussing Possible trade: KLove, KMartin, JJBarea, 13th pick for Klay Thompson and David Lee"

Trade would be unreal, they could keep Kevin Martin and just give us KLove, JJBarea, and the 13th pick and I would still do it.

Draft McDermott, LaVine, or Saric with the 13th pick :smokin

Trade would be unreal, they could keep Kevin Martin and just give us KLove, JJBarea, and the 13th pick and I would still do it.

Well, taking Kevin Martin is part of the cost of Kevin Love. His contract is horrid.

Last edited:
But I have no idea why Barea would go to Golden State too. He and Love's relationship is explosive, to put it politely.

Source: “That’s who they’ve always wanted from the beginning. Minnesota’s thing has always been about Klay Thompson."

Damn WTF now "sources" are saying the TWolves would throw in their 13th pick?!

"Sources: Twolves & Warriors discussing Possible trade: KLove, KMartin, JJBarea, 13th pick for Klay Thompson and David Lee"

Draft McDermott, LaVine, or Saric with the 13th pick
smokin.gif
Nah we would have to take KMart back as part of the deal. No way TWolves take DLee without dumping a contract on us.

I think Stauskas might be available around 13

I'm just jawzin about Martin > Klay.

Klay is better w/o a doubt. 

But it's simple:

This is the WESTERN CONFERENCE. 

The age of shooting guards is dead, it's all about big guys... Your Lebrons, KDs, Dirks, Dwights, Gasols, Lamarcus Aldridges, etc.

You can't win an NBA championship, let alone GET CLOSE to a title without the "1-2 punch" aka 2 ALL-STARS in your starting line up.

Durant_Westbrook

Dwight_Harden

Aldridge_Lillard

Lebron_Wade

Pau_Kobe

Shaq_Kobe

Pippen_Jordan

Malone_Stockton

Garnett_Pierce

Griffin_Paul

Duncan_Parker

etc..

..And I'm talking about SOLID all-stars. No David Lee, one year in--one year out, reserve type all-star. 

The answer is simple...

CURRY_LOVE

That's our ticket. 

These dudes are barely starting in their prime (both age 26), have solid role players in Bogut & Igoudala to back them up, and have upcoming young talent in Draymond & Barnes.

Throw in our front office consistently being AGGRESIVE, i have not doubt they'll fill in the wholes when necessary.  But they know, 2 All-STARS is the motto.

R.I.P Splash Brothers

:lol: @ Minnesota giving up the best player and a lottery pick.

I understand Love isn't great defensively, but I'm loving this if I'm a GSW fan.

I'm still skeptical at how much Kevin Love would actually change the team, especially losing Klay. For sure, Love is an outstanding player and is a huge upgrade over David Lee, but I'm not sure if he's really THAT good and would help the W's win many more games. His teams in Minnesota weren't great, but I just feel if Love were that good his teams would have done a little bit better.

It would be nice to have Kevin Martin come off the bench as a scorer though to sweeten the deal.

Edit: There's rumors that Minnesota's 1st rounder would be in play...if so, I'll be more on board with it than before. The Warriors can pick up another shooter at Minnesota's draft spot (13) and there should be some good ones available.
Kevin Love is the 4th leader scorer, top 3 PER. Top 10 in rebounds and 3pt/shots made. If you pair him with an unselfish group like the warriors, the offensive game plan would be leathal. Pick and roll with curry will always end well, pick your poison.

We still have good defenders in Iggy, Bogut and draymond. I would like to see us get a defensive SG like Thabo Sefolosha/Aaron affalo or Shaun Livingston to help curry play off the ball more. We can use the Full MLE and go into the tax to get players now that our roster is pretty much set.

Love and Curry are both 26 and in their primes. 

Steve Kerr's offense if it looks anything like the Spurs offense would increase the effectiveness of guys like Iggy, Harrison Barnes and Bogut. This team can only improve from 51 wins at this point.

Klay was good, but not as good as getting a bonifide star in Kevin Love. Klay is not worth more money than Steph Curry at 10 mil/year. If he wants max money 15 mil/year let him get it in Minnesota. 

:lol: @ Minnesota giving up the best player and a lottery pick.

I understand Love isn't great defensively, but I'm loving this if I'm a GSW fan.

I really think we're going to have to give up a future first rounder. No way us getting a pick with love makes sense.

Warriors can't trade a pick until 2018. Traded 2014, so they can't move 2015. They traded 2017, so they can't move 2016 or 2018.

Kevin Love is the 4th leader scorer, top 3 PER. Top 10 in rebounds and 3pt/shots made. If you pair him with an unselfish group like the warriors, the offensive game plan would be leathal. Pick and roll with curry will always end well, pick your poison.

We still have good defenders in Iggy, Bogut and draymond. I would like to see us get a defensive SG like Thabo Sefolosha/Aaron affalo or Shaun Livingston to help curry play off the ball more. We can use the Full MLE and go into the tax to get players now that our roster is pretty much set.

Love and Curry are both 26 and in their primes. 

Steve Kerr's offense if it looks anything like the Spurs offense would increase the effectiveness of guys like Iggy, Harrison Barnes and Bogut. This team can only improve from 51 wins at this point.

Klay was good, but not as good as getting a bonifide star in Kevin Love. Klay is not worth more money than Steph Curry at 10 mil/year. If he wants max money 15 mil/year let him get it in Minnesota. 
Second this.

Watching all 82 games last year, I can honestly say that Klay isn't as DOPE as many of ya'll make him out to be.

Dude had some ugly slumps throughout the year and is super awkward at making a shot. He's God on the pop-up, but sometimes he couldn't even shut down the league's smaller guards on the low post. 

His defense wasn't top tier like Igoudala, Bogut, and Draymond. It was solid, but at least we're keeping our Top 3 defenders. 

All i remember from Klay's defense was an arm contesting shots, which ultimately lead to him fouling the shooter, followed by this signature pose:

Even the video I posted showed his lack of "great defense".

Kerr will make Bogut, Iggy, and Barnes more effective on offense this year for the role positions.

All and all, these are the currently the best PG_PF duos in the NBA:

Paul_Griffin

Lillard_Aldridge

Parker_Duncan

I think Curry_Love is better than all three. 

Back
Top Bottom