Lock please, thanks. Warriors 2011/2012 Thread Up.

Coach talking,

[h3]Mark Jackson Discusses Coaching Philosophy[/h3]
Sep 02, 2011 1:02 PM EDT

Jackson_Mark_gsw_110606.jpg

In an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle, Mark Jackson talked about his coaching philosophy. Jackson has no previous coaching experience, but was hired by the Warriors in June.

"When you're talking about coaching, you're talking about someone who has a responsibility to impact players on the floor. But I truly believe that you're also talking about someone who has the responsibility to impact players off the floor."

Golden State had previously interviewed for positions with the Knicks, Bulls, Hawks, Grizzlies and Wolves.

"I look at the talent, the upside, the draft, the coaching staff and the culture change," Jackson said. "I am not a guy who would say, 'We're going to playoffs' because it's a great headline. That's not me. In fact, people were shocked that I said only that, because that's not all I believe.

"I've been a winner all of my life, and I truly believe that great things are about to happen."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/215425/Mark_Jackson_Discusses_Coaching_Philosophy#ixzz1WqstaFQs

Coach talking,

[h3]Mark Jackson Discusses Coaching Philosophy[/h3]
Sep 02, 2011 1:02 PM EDT

Jackson_Mark_gsw_110606.jpg

In an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle, Mark Jackson talked about his coaching philosophy. Jackson has no previous coaching experience, but was hired by the Warriors in June.

"When you're talking about coaching, you're talking about someone who has a responsibility to impact players on the floor. But I truly believe that you're also talking about someone who has the responsibility to impact players off the floor."

Golden State had previously interviewed for positions with the Knicks, Bulls, Hawks, Grizzlies and Wolves.

"I look at the talent, the upside, the draft, the coaching staff and the culture change," Jackson said. "I am not a guy who would say, 'We're going to playoffs' because it's a great headline. That's not me. In fact, people were shocked that I said only that, because that's not all I believe.

"I've been a winner all of my life, and I truly believe that great things are about to happen."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/215425/Mark_Jackson_Discusses_Coaching_Philosophy#ixzz1WqstaFQs

Chris Mullin's jersey is getting retired
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

In irrelevant news, I decided to accept the offer at the small company. Had a few interviews/companies on tap but felt I couldn't wait any longer and needed to start working. So, looks like I'm finally employed full-time
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Chris Mullin's jersey is getting retired
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

In irrelevant news, I decided to accept the offer at the small company. Had a few interviews/companies on tap but felt I couldn't wait any longer and needed to start working. So, looks like I'm finally employed full-time
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nice, acid. Cool, now you can buy the Warriors thread regulars a round of beers.
pimp.gif

Curry tweaked his ankle again. It's not serious, though.

Nice, acid. Cool, now you can buy the Warriors thread regulars a round of beers.
pimp.gif

Curry tweaked his ankle again. It's not serious, though.

Dude really should chill with playing till the lock out situation is solved...it's Impact League and he had surgery.

What Up and Acid, bar crawl!!!

Dude really should chill with playing till the lock out situation is solved...it's Impact League and he had surgery.

What Up and Acid, bar crawl!!!

real talk-

has anyone even heard/seen 715? after his emo post about him and his ladyfriend, i havent heard from him since.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

must we turn on the bat signal for him?
Return to us, Vik.

real talk-

has anyone even heard/seen 715? after his emo post about him and his ladyfriend, i havent heard from him since.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

must we turn on the bat signal for him?
Return to us, Vik.

I know when I'm tired after working nights, I'll just end up lurking. I'm too lazy to post sometimes. Night shift could be the reason why he isn't posting.
laugh.gif

Or maybe he's on a flight back to the bay to win the heart of the woman he loves.
nerd.gif

I know when I'm tired after working nights, I'll just end up lurking. I'm too lazy to post sometimes. Night shift could be the reason why he isn't posting.
laugh.gif

Or maybe he's on a flight back to the bay to win the heart of the woman he loves.
nerd.gif

On a separate note, does anyone play "Hanging With Friends?" It's from the makers of Words With Friends. It's pretty much hangman.

I'm down for a game. My username is "Paul Is On Tilt."

On a separate note, does anyone play "Hanging With Friends?" It's from the makers of Words With Friends. It's pretty much hangman.

I'm down for a game. My username is "Paul Is On Tilt."

"I know not to bet on the Golden State Warriors cuz they dont play no defense!"

-Rallo Tubbs, Cleveland Show 9/25/11

"I know not to bet on the Golden State Warriors cuz they dont play no defense!"

-Rallo Tubbs, Cleveland Show 9/25/11

[h1]Golden State Warriors owners introduce new COO Rick Welts[/h1]
Rick Welts was introduced Tuesday as the Warriors' team president, and he seemed downright surprised that he wound up with a new job so soon.

"I am the luckiest guy on the face of the earth," said Welts, borrowing a line from late New York Yankees slugger Lou Gehrig to express his happiness. "Certainly, when I made the decision to leave the (Phoenix) Suns, I had no idea I would be sitting here a couple weeks later talking about a new job."

Welts is essentially filling the same position with the Warriors that he had with the Suns. He will be the president and chief operating officer with Golden State. In Phoenix, he was president and CEO.

The 58-year-old Welts left the Suns earlier this month, telling the Arizona Republic that he had planned to move to be close to his partner in Sacramento. Welts told the New York Times in May that he is gay, making him the highest-ranking sports executive to publicly acknowledge his homosexuality.

The Seattle native comes to the Warriors as the final key piece to their managerial makeover. The replacement for former president Robert Rowell, he will oversee the business side of the Warriors.

Welts, who counts NBA legend Bill Russell and commissioner David Stern among his good friends, started his NBA career as a ball boy for the Seattle SuperSonics in 1969.

He eventually moved to the NBA office in New York, where he held a variety of jobs and is credited with creating the NBA All-Star
Weekend and helping launch the WNBA.
"He's a superstar," Warriors co-owner Joe Lacob said. "Seriously. One of the very best."

The hiring came about through an interesting set of circumstances. After the Warriors and Rowell mutually decided to part ways in June, Lacob said he identified a few available candidates and was into the process of interviewing them.

Then he got a call from Suns managing partner Robert Sarver to tell him that Welts was resigning and moving to Northern California. Sarver suggested that the Warriors make a run at Welts.

"We immediately got in touch with Rick," Lacob said. "We were looking for the best candidates in all of sports. And we kept getting the same two or three names."

Welts, meanwhile, was expecting to take some time off after leaving the Suns on Sept. 9. His plan was to move to Northern California so he could be closer to his partner.

Then Lacob called, and on Sept. 19, the three men -- Welts, Lacob and Warriors co-owner Peter Guber -- got together. One week later, the Warriors announced they had a new president.

"We are very, very lucky that Welts came available," Lacob said. "A good president could take a year to find. Finding a great leader is extremely hard, because the great ones are usually employed. So we were very fortunate."

Welts said the vision of Lacob and Guber endeared him to the Warriors. He said his experience in the NBA has underscored the importance of passionate and competent owners. He called the opportunity in Oakland intriguing.

"Everyone in the NBA looks at this franchise as the sleeping giant," Welts said of the Warriors. "The buzz outside of the Bay Area is that there's something happening here that is going to be very special. I couldn't be more excited about being the person these guys have entrusted to bring their vision to life.

sounds like another power move. hopefully this translates well.

Back
Top Bottom