LOCK!!! NEW THREAD IS OPEN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wall got max, and I don't think there's much difference between Kyrie and Wall in terms of potential and ability. So why not?

I guess more cap flexibility is better for the team, but I don't know if Kyrie would sign such contract.

On another note, I was browsing cap situation for Cavs, and with Deng, Hawes, and Miles coming off the books, Cavs go about 17M under the cap. I assume Deng is a goner, and hope they can re-sign Hawes and Miles with similar contract (but I think Hawes can commend more than what he's getting paid right now in the open market, and so does Miles).

Let's say Cavs can re-sign both using no more than 9M, who should Cavs chase with leftover 8M?

Here are some possible candidates:

Gasol (UFA)
Parsons (RFA)
Ariza (UFA)
Frye (UFA)
Gortat (UFA)
Hayward (RFA)
Lowry (UFA)
Pierce (UFA)
Stuckey (UFA)

Personally, I think Cavs could opt to re-sign just Hawes and let Miles go, and look to sign RFA like Parsons or Hayward. Even Hawes can be replaced by Frye, although I think Hawes is better and I'm not sure Frye would cost less than Hawes.

What do you guys think?

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 1m
Kyrie Irving intends to sign 5-year, $90 million extension with the Cavaliers, league source tells Yahoo Sports. Commitment came in meeting.

Debating on copping that wiggins jersey, happy Kyrie signed long term, he might not of deserved it but he is def out best talent, and i am excited for the future.

They haven't officially done anything yet.

Just speculation.

Jazz would most likely match. 4 year 63 M is just a terrible offer. Thatd be detrimental.

@LullOnSports: Paying a 3rd option on offense 15 mil/yr isn't ideal, but Wiggins playing on rookie contract for entirety of Hayward deal washes it out.

Makes me feel a tad bit better, but the contract of 15 mil per season is just not realistic.

Cavs can't do that.

UNLESS Blatt sees GH as a perfect fit for his offense.

Who knows though.

He probably is a perfect fit.

Wiggins isn't going to be a legitimate first or second option anytime very soon, so "paying Hayward to be a third" is an asinine point.

And he may very well be a better distributor than Irving.

Another scorer. Another distributor. Another transition weapon. Another solid wing defender. All of those things vastly help, in general, and help Wiggins' development by either complimenting his game, or by taking some of the pressure off early on.

Last edited:
I like Hayward, but not for 15 mil per year. His proper value is around 8 - 10 mil range. However, I also understand why Cleveland is making such a pitch. Cleveland is not an attractive landing spot for free agents, and it is hard to pry away restricted free agents. Still, if Cavs do offer max, I hope Utah matches.

Pretty slow so far.

Not hearing anything on our front.

Just think a lot of these teams are just waiting for the big fishes to make up their minds then the dominos will start falling like crazy.

Pretty slow so far.

Not hearing anything on our front.

Just think a lot of these teams are just waiting for the big fishes to make up their minds then the dominos will start falling like crazy.

I agree. Once melo signs next week I imagine we'll see more action. Hell summer league begins in a week or so.

I like Hayward, but not for 15 mil per year. His proper value is around 8 - 10 mil range. However, I also understand why Cleveland is making such a pitch. Cleveland is not an attractive landing spot for free agents, and it is hard to pry away restricted free agents. Still, if Cavs do offer max, I hope Utah matches.

exactly. I said this to a friend of mine. The purpose here is to load up and make the playoffs and best case scenario out of the first round. We want Kyrie and Wiggins to get the taste of winning and show them the time is now and that we're willing to spend to make it happen.

Best case scenario Hayward plays to his worth and we cultivate the winning culture we've been craving in cleveland.

worst case scenario he plays at the level he already has and we trade him in a couple years. Its a win win I think to bring him to Cleveland if he's the best we can do for now. I'm all about not waiting for superman if you know what I mean

I just can't imagine Hayward increasing his production once he comes to Cleveland though. Even if he plays well, his stats will still be roughly same with what he produced last year, and that's not gonna justify the max contract he may be receiving.

God knows what people will say if his production decreases... :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom