**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was under the impression that last year's struggles were on mccarthy. maybe i'm remembering it wrong, but weren't fans were ready to kill him. at minimum, blaming the hell out of him? either way, he's another one like payton. that's sort of where i have him. we joke on here about the packers inability to comeback late against good teams being all on fraudgers, but plenty of that is on him (and others in the org/team).

and making the playoffs with out fraudgers...when was this again? flynn went to Seattle, and then came back? i can't recall exactly when AF12 went down (not questioning you, just asking for my own knowledge). but curious how much of that was the division and how much was mike.

fans were ready to kill him and they're all as dumb as the fans who wanted to cut Davante Adams in his second year in the league. It's pretty simple, the defense just needs to step it the **** up for once and we'd be fine. Is it McCarthy, is it our personnel, is it injuries, is it Capers, i honestly don't even know. It hurts my head. I just want it fixed. Packers failures have also come down to just **** luck. McCarthy/Rodgers have lost like 4 playoff games that went into OT without even touching the ball.

It was in 2013. Rodgers went down week 9. to be fair the division did suck I guess. We got in with a 8-7-1 record lol. It's when Rodgers came back the final game of the season and threw the game winning touchdown on 4th down to Cobb to beat the Bears for the division. Flynn held on like a champ though. Playoffs dont happen without his absurd comeback vs Dallas and a tie against the Vikings lol.

Last edited:
Media embed is the only thing that's keeping it together lol
Some of the sites that are supposed to be compatiable still dont work for me, once that gets fixed

And Just need a more fluid new messages alert

We on

Hopefully
sadcam.png

Some of the sites that are supposed to be compatiable still dont work for me, once that gets fixed

And Just need a more fluid new messages alert

We on

Hopefully
sadcam.png
Lol you don't know how close I am to quitting NT and just sticking to twitter

If it weren't for the lolz and content being posted here, I would be ghost

Damn might have to log back in to my 08' account of there's a mass S&T exodus
wow.png

Still early in the transition doe, Huddler had limits early

Posting on Sundays in here doesnt seem worth it anymore

Damn might have to log back in to my 08' account of there's a mass S&T exodus
wow.png

Still early in the transition doe, Huddler had limits early

Posting on Sundays in here doesnt seem worth it anymore

This.
Hard to keep up.
It's whatever though. I can live with it for now.

also DSA i gotta strongly disagree with McCarthy being in the same boat as Payton. Both have top 5 QB's. But McCarthy is tied with your mans Belichik with most consecutive playoff appearances at 8 or 9 while Payton has missed a handful of times. I don't see how that doesnt put McCarthy well above him.

who I feel like the Seahawks/Russell Wilson marriage is gunna end badly?

I feel like Seattle is gunna do Russ how NC State did Russ :lol:

Activist NFL players seeking cancer-awareness-style month

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20772327/nfl-players-want-month-dedicated-activism

A group of four players sent the NFL a memo in August requesting league support and asking for a month to be dedicated to social activism, not long after commissioner Roger Goodell reportedly had talked to several players regarding their game-day activism efforts.

According to Yahoo! Sports, defensive end Michael Bennett of the Seattle Seahawks, Philadelphia Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins and receiver Torrey Smith, and former Arizona Cardinals wideout Anquan Boldin co-authored the 2,740-word document intended to push the NFL into efforts "similarly to what the league already implements for breast cancer awareness, honoring military, etc."

The letter was obtained by Yahoo! Sports and originally published on Wednesday night.

"We would like November to serve as a month of Unity for individual teams to engage and impact the community in their market," the memo states.

The letter followed closely after Goodell spoke directly with several players who had protested on game day before the regular season kicked off, the Yahoo! report stated, citing two sources.

"For us, support means: bear all or part of the weight of; hold up; give assistance to, especially financially; enable to function or act. We need support, collaboration and partnerships to achieve our goal of strengthening the community," the letter stated.

The league declined to comment when asked about the memo, Yahoo! Sports reported. Bennett, Jenkins, Smith and Boldin either didn't return requests for comment to Yahoo! or declined to discuss it, citing an agreement to keep talks private, according to the website.

Boldin retired in late August, two weeks after signing a one-year deal with the Buffalo Bills. He said in a statement he felt "drawn to make the larger fight for human rights a priority. My life's purpose is bigger than football."

Earlier this month, the NFL affirmed it had no plans to investigate Bennett's behavior during an August incident in which he was detained and handcuffed by police in Las Vegas.

The league was responding to a letter Goodell had received from the president of the Las Vegas Police Protective Association, the union that represents the police in that city. In the letter, the union alleged that Bennett made false accusations against Las Vegas police and asked the league to "conduct an investigation, and take appropriate action."

Bennett, who accused the Las Vegas police of unfairly targeting him and pointing a gun at his head, sat on the bench during the national anthem for a Seahawks preseason game on Aug. 13 and said at the time, "I can't stand right now. I'm not going to be standing until I see the equality and freedom."

:emoji_thinking: nice idea, but it would never happen.

And why is this? How can you put any of the struggles the Seahawks have had on him? If he wasn't as mobile as he is then he would probably be dead by now with the shots he would have taken by the "protection" his OL has given him over the past few years.

Seems like a lot of teammates don’t like him.

Sounds like he gets treated differently.

He’s not good enough to get all these passes.

I don’t think it ends well either.

I mean if you watched the games you'd realize he's one of the only QBs that could even be passable behind the line they ask him to play with. Same as Marshawn was as RB.

Check out Brian Baldinger on twitter, he's done some good breakdowns on the subject.

Seems like a lot of teammates don’t like him.

Sounds like he gets treated differently.

He’s not good enough to get all these passes.

I don’t think it ends well either.

Has there ever been a Black quarterback that all their teammates like them?

Wait how many quarterbacks in general are liked by all their teammates? Brady and Brees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom