**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
so Butler had the flu end of last week into the weekend. he got the Minny late. whether it's cause he was sick and they wanted him to not spread it or whether he actually missed the flight...not sure. Bill/the team did confirm the benching was not disciplinary. so i doubt he missed the flight and was being punished.

given that he's given up quite a few big plays all year, including two weeks ago to the Jags, and that he only practiced a couple times, my guess is maybe he had a bad practice and that coupled with the big plays led Bill to sit him down. but even with that, you sit him a couple drives or a quarter. fine. but with Rowe get cooked out there and creating out unfavorable matchups, you gotta put Butler back in the 2nd quarter or 2nd half. really is a bizarre situation and it's not sitting well with most of Pats fans. can't give up 41 in a SB, have your QB and offense hang 600+ yards without punting, lose, and not explain this. need some answers, Bill

Hmmmmm, not sure about the flight, flu or late or whatever, just strange you're teaching lessons in the damn Super Bowl. :lol: Maybe wait til after the game and trade/cut him?

Iono, maybe he helps, maybe he doesn't, just a crazy situation that NBC really didn't get into enough. They mentioned it a couple times, but it's kind of a big story, thought they shoulda been digging harder.

Hmmmmm, not sure about the flight, flu or late or whatever, just strange you're teaching lessons in the damn Super Bowl. :lol: Maybe wait til after the game and trade/cut him?

Iono, maybe he helps, maybe he doesn't, just a crazy situation that NBC really didn't get into enough. They mentioned it a couple times, but it's kind of a big story, thought they shoulda been digging harder.

yeah i mean you know Bill, he ain't gonna talk. it's up to the Boston media and co to figure this out. i'm sure it'll come out.

If the Seahawks & Falcons didn't blow it, do we still view BB the same?

If Tyree doesn't hold onto an absolute prayer, or Manningham make a ridiculous catch, or even the prayer the Seattle guy caught on his back.......

Tuck rule, Vinateri, the Welker drop, Brady missing an entire season.......

He's the greatest coach the sport has ever seen, the reason there are so many what ifs are because his team is FOREVER in the hunt. No matter the roster, or the injuries, or the good/bad luck, he's always within the Final 4 teams.

No, we view him no differently.

In fact, has he not had the lead in the 4th quarter of all 8 Super Bowls? I mean....... :lol: That's ABSURD to even type.

If Tyree doesn't hold onto an absolute prayer, or Manningham make a ridiculous catch, or even the prayer the Seattle guy caught on his back.......

Tuck rule, Vinateri, the Welker drop, Brady missing an entire season.......

He's the greatest coach the sport has ever seen, the reason there are so many what ifs are because his team is FOREVER in the hunt. No matter the roster, or the injuries, or the good/bad luck, he's always within the Final 4 teams.

No, we view him no differently.

In fact, has he not had the lead in the 4th quarter of all 8 Super Bowls? I mean....... :lol: That's ABSURD to even type.

I agree he's the goat but I can't sleep so just trying to create discussion.
I wanted some hot takes damnit. :lol:

here's a luke-warm take...the world put the seahawks loss on marshawn not getting the ball on one play. the pats loss tonight is on malcolm butler being sat down for an entire game.

I feel like it was the Eagles year, but no question he would have made a difference.
At minimum he's a great tackler & all those missed tackles definitely hurt.
Don't know what BB was thinking.

This loss was entirely on the Pats defense. They got exposed in last year and this year's SB. They are just too slow. They need a total revamp. Most of their guys are "Just another guy" and lack speed, especially their LB's. They were getting killed in open space. There's no doubt in my mind that BB is the greatest coach ever, but when was the last time the Pats had a really good defense?

BB made his mark before the Hawks and Falcons game

Fam had THREE prior to that

For real doe whats up with Butler?

This is almost like when Robbins for the Raiders went on a binge before the SB

Theres something def up there with Butler. Dude is your top corner and you bench him to allow a safety to cover the slot all game? I mean I am not a pro coach but what was the point of that?

Yea he hasnt had a great year but Butler could have possibly made a stop they needed to stop the bleeding on defense. Idk

Yeah whole situation is weird af to me, whether he makes a difference or not...I cant think of a situation you bench a starter for the whole game and before kickoff in a title matchup

Limit his snaps, demote him to nickel..I get it

But flat out not play him...at all?

I legit thought he was ill or injured until the end

Also what’s up without Gronk REALLY considering retirement.

What’s the odds of either Brady, Bill, or Gronk not back next season?

Also what’s up without Gronk REALLY considering retirement.

What’s the odds of either Brady, Bill, or Gronk not back next season?
With the amount of head injuries he's had retirement has to be on the table if he's thinking smart. Gronk was never going to be that guy with a 10+ year career.

*wakes up and sees people all over turning on Colinsworth*
yesjacknicholson.gif

GIF-bliss-happy-nicolas-cage-yes-GIF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom