**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah. it's a wild and sort of cool theory. at the same time, i feel like it's a cop out in a way. but who knows how it'll play out i suppose

If D&D goes this route

Would be the dumbest thing imaginable, after they showed the NK in human form looking nothing like Bran :lol:[ but I wont put it past these guys

San Diego Patriots.

You pick up another NFL team or follow the Pats to SD?

Nevermind the impossibility and HIGH improbabability; what would you do?

so keep in mind i haven't gone through it, so this is theoretical :lol: ....

but i can't imagine not sticking with them.

a) college and my career have taken me all over the country since i've been 18...never wavered once
b) in living in CA for 4+ years now, i've never been able to even develop a remote connection to the Sharks despite going to 10-15 games a year. i just cannot find any emotional connection to it. i actually root against them :rofl:

i just don't know how as a young adult/adult, you can just switch and develop a real connection to another team. maybe it would become a situation where i don't root for any team and just enjoy the sport stress free? but i don't see that happening either.

i moved away from boston for the betterment of myself (essentially, greed and money). i can't necessarily fault my team for moving based on the same greed.

Last edited:
If D&D goes this route

Would be the dumbest thing imaginable, after they showed the NK in human form looking nothing like Bran :lol:[ but I wont put it past these guys

i'm a PM you on one thing you said there....don't want to clutter this. only because i thought the same thing at first

so keep in mind i haven't gone through it, so this is theoretical :lol: ....

but i can't imagine not sticking with them.

a) college and my career have taken me all over the country since i've been 18...never wavered once
b) in living in CA for 4+ years now, i've never been able to even develop a remote connection to the Sharks despite going to 10-15 games a year. i just cannot find any emotional connection to it. i actually root against them :rofl:

i just don't know how as a young adult/adult, you can just switch and develop a real connection to another team. maybe it would become a situation where i don't root for any team and just enjoy the sport stress free? but i don't see that happening either.

i moved away from boston for the betterment of myself (essentially, greed and money). i can't necessarily fault my team for moving based on the same greed.

Try watching your team move away, see how that affects you.

Try watching your team move away, see how that affects you.

for sure, man. i haven't gone through it. like i said, i can get saying, "hey i won't root for them, eff them. i'll just be a team-neutral football fan." i totally get that.

but i can't see how you just pick up and adopt another team after rooting for another team with everything you have for 20+ years.

and no judgement either way, i was just answering ska's question. when the raiders move, what will you do team and fan wise?

for sure, man. i haven't gone through it. like i said, i can get saying, "hey i won't root for them, eff them. i'll just be a team-neutral football fan." i totally get that.

but i can't see how you just pick up and adopt another team after rooting for another team with everything you have for 20+ years.

and no judgement either way, i was just answering ska's question. when the raiders move, what will you do team and fan wise?

I will always be a Raider. But if the A's leave I'm either done with MLB or I'm going full Dodgers route.

in living in CA for 4+ years now, i've never been able to even develop a remote connection to the Sharks despite going to 10-15 games a year. i just cannot find any emotional connection to it. i actually root against them :rofl:
But that's because you are not an NHL free agent. You have the Bruins already.

Tough to say you wouldn't pick up another team when all your sports league spots are filled.

You say it's not the team's fault they moved; it's not the fan's fault, either. Whether they become neutral, pick up another team maybe based on a favorite player or something, or stick with the new city that they most likely have no connection to at all, it's not their fault.

But that's because you are not an NHL free agent. You have the Bruins already.

Tough to say you wouldn't pick up another team when all your sports league spots are filled.

You say it's not the team's fault they moved; it's not the fan's fault, either. Whether they become neutral, pick up another team maybe based on a favorite player or something, or stick with the new city that they most likely have no connection to at all, it's not their fault.

Completely fair. But, my original post had nothing to do with switching allegiance due to a team move. So those folks I called out can be the disloyal houses from GOT, not me :tongue:

EddieDoyers EddieDoyers was because of a team move. It was just a year late. :nerd:

:lol:
002E73A7-EA97-474E-945F-F619C2F3B5D9.gif

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom