**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is no USC QB since Carson Palmer has worked out in the NFL

Mark Sanchez was getting close to looking decent then he became dog ****

Which also begs the question, why is Cody Kessler a 3rd string QB for the Browns

He can’t be any worse than Kizer or Hogan

The Patriots selected the following players during the 2007 NFL Draft.

1 Brandon Meriweather, FS, Miami (Fla.)
4 Kareem Brown, DL, Miami (Fla.)
5 Clint Oldenburg, OL, Colorado State
6 Justin Rogers, OLB, Southern Methodist
6 Mike Richardson, CB, Notre Dame
6 Justise Hairston, RB, Central Connecticut State
6 Corey Hilliard, OL, Oklahoma State
7 Oscar Lua, LB, USC
7 Mike Elgin, OL, Iowa

Yikes

Which also begs the question, why is Cody Kessler a 3rd string QB for the Browns

He can’t be any worse than Kizer or Hogan

Kessler nor Hogan pan out, in my opinion. They've showed..something, I guess, but they're good backups at most. Kizer was just a bad pick from the get-go. Hue, by most accounts is a great coach, but he's a horrible talent evaluator. That is, if he's behind a lot of their picks. Maybe not most, but he had to have been when they were talking about taking Kizer...just a total miss.

Kessler nor Hogan pan out, in my opinion. They've showed..something, I guess, but they're good backups at most. Kizer was just a bad pick from the get-go. Hue, by most accounts is a great coach, but he's a horrible talent evaluator. That is, if he's behind a lot of their picks. Maybe not most, but he had to have been when they were talking about taking Kizer...just a total miss.
Kizer should have just stayed at school for an extra year

I hope Darnold does the same too for USC

I don't know what's up with Darnold. He's got major talent. Mind game ain't right or something.
All the first year success and NFL scouts already taking a heavy look at him probably got him less mentally prepared in his 2nd year. Probably thought he already made it or something.
Also, the receiving corps been hit by the injury bug.

Hue never should have took the Browns gig, think he's a top OC in the NFL but this stint in Cleveland probably ruined his chances of another HC job.

What's your guy's take on Baker Mayfield though? You guys think he will do ok in the NFL?

Hue never should have took the Browns gig, think he's a top OC in the NFL but this stint in Cleveland probably ruined his chances of another HC job.
I legit think the only guy that can turn around that franchise is....Bill Belichick

Yep. If he can't turn it around quick -- and hopefully he gets one more season -- he's done as a HC. I don't think he turns it around though. Not with Kizer. Missed the boat with that one.

What's your guy's take on Baker Mayfield though? You guys think he will do ok in the NFL?

Nah. He's exciting in college, but he's too ADD for the NFL. He's very good at what he does in the college game, but he needs to sit and step up in the pocket for NFL purposes and him escaping to the edge or up the middle will never work for him in the NFL. Lots of his TD's are plays he extends and throws to wide open WR's. That won't be there in the NFL. I don't see it.

He had his chance...
That was the original Browns before they moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens though.

Browns 2.0 hasn’t seen any type of success like that other than one winning season which they didn’t even make the playoffs lol

Nah. He's exciting in college, but he's too ADD for the NFL. He's very good at what he does in the college game, but he needs to sit and step up in the pocket for NFL purposes and him escaping to the edge or up the middle will never work for him in the NFL. Lots of his TD's are plays he extends and throws to wide open WR's. That won't be there in the NFL. I don't see it.

sounds like you just described Patrick Mahomes

sounds like you just described Patrick Mahomes

Mahomes has way more arm talent and athleticism. Quieter in the pocket even though he sometimes tends to "float" back. Threw off his back foot a lot in college on deep balls that he could get away with a la Cam. Only difference is he has greater arm talent and the ball finds its spot. Can't fully get away with that in the NFL, though Watson is getting away with that right now. Mahomes chooses his spots to run instead of scrambling after one read. The TT offense is probably the biggest hurdle because it is based on spatial awareness and less precise route running and timely throws, so he wasn't really reading coverage after the snap, rather looking for open space -- a Mike Leach special. It's most definitely why sitting behind Alex for two seasons and learning from both he and Reid is crucial to his future success.

200w.gif

This was pretty obvious from the beginning. I remember when he was hired he was by far the hottest coaching candidate on the market. Every team that had an opening wanted him. Dude took the first offer that came to him and I'd love to know who helped him come to the conclusion that was a good idea.

The league really needs to introduce the football equivalent of goalline technology in soccer for questionable sideline and goalline situations,it's 2017 for gods sake

100% agree no reason they can’t do goalline tech in the NFL it’s not like they don’t have he money for it. Plus it would cut down on reviews for TDs. Goaline tech in the end zone and first down markers I have no doubt in my mind they could do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom