**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The crazy thing about USA soccer is their team is actually the cream of the crop in terms of American players. At least when USA basketball sucked and won bronze it was a meh team. Imagine sending Lebron, KD, Kawhi, Russ, etc to a basketball tournament and they couldn't even make it out the qualifying round against the Ethiopian national team

Y'all realize the NFL owners wanna hold a meeting and make players stand during the anthem AFTER Trump starts talking about cuttin off tax breaks for the NFL? :smh:

Don't surprise me one bit...

Sad thing is.. the league gave up it's tax exempt status in 2015

Any tax breaks they currently get are due to the size of business.. and theoretically ain't big business and the wealthy the bread and butter of the GOP

IMG_5662.JPG

US arrogance at its finest. Folks needs to face the music, this country will never be a soccer power

Soccer fans like myself are upset because we expect the team to at least qualify for the world cup like they have every cycle since 1986. People myself included are just mad that the program blew this given the decent enough players we have and the fact that we have one of the easier regions (CONCACAF) to qualify for the world cup in compared to other regions in the world. Thats not arrogance thats just fair expectations to want them to at least qualify.

But if anything good will come of this is that wholesale change needs to be made to the USSF mostly at the top.

The talent level is actually OK. It's an embarrassment that these people who are like "we need an American coach for America" (what??) decided to hire a guy whose biggest success was in the MLS. You wanted to fire Klinsmann, fine. But get a real coach.

The talent level is actually OK. It's an embarrassment that these people who are like "we need an American coach for America" (what??) decided to hire a guy whose biggest success was in the MLS. You wanted to fire Klinsmann, fine. But get a real coach.

Facts. It has to be a combo of lack of coaching + lack of passion from 10 dudes, sans Pulisic. The kid who can't even have a legal beer yet.

Exactly. Like my man @northoaklandfc said they need to hire Tata Martino Good coach who was at the helm of Argentina going to the world cup final in 2014 I would be sad it means he cant coach Atlanta United anymore but it would be good for the USMNT as a whol.e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom