LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

They're gonna put up points.

USM should too.

Dre on national TV
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

so why does South Carolina's boring @%# team get to open the season again on TV?

They've started the season 3-4 years straight now

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Any Buckeye fans hearing that the Michigan-Ohio State game might get moved from the last game of the season with the re-alignment of division for the conference?

One of my friends called me about to cry over it.
Yeah Newbs...a lot of chatter on the Ohio State board about it.

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

GUNNA GET IT- Yeaa you're right, but we'll see when someone throws a jump ball his way
I've seen Fonzie lock down Greg Carr and not allow the jump balls. Carr is 6'6. Same Greg Carr who mossed Macho Sr. year.

AP Poll Released today

1. Bama
2. Ohio State
3. Boise State
4. Florida
5. Texas
6. TCU
7. Oklahoma
8. Nebraska
9. Iowa
10. Virginia Tech

even IF, he plays jump balls poorly, how often are there gonna be jump balls thrown his way? how successfull do you think an offense will be using a jump ball ?

this not a video game ... just because they cannt high point the ball doesnt mean it cant be defensed.

FSU tried to run Jump balls like crazy when they had Greg Carr and FeCody Fagg. their offense was Horrrible.
laugh.gif
Alhponso ate that $+%% up, even with Carr always pushing off

Let the hype begin: (for Ohio St jersey scrimmage)
Part of it is pocket presence. He clearly understands the offense better, is reading defenses much better, going through progressions and throwing the correct receiver. Still has a tendency to lock onto Posey, but as he got in the flow today he got much better about it. He delivered the ball to Stoneburner and other perfectly on time when they came out of their breaks. He is throwing the deep ball well and on time.

Part of it is mechanics. His throwing motion is much improved, and he has a cannon. If I could show you the throw he made to Washington with two defenders breaking on the ball, that was NFL football right there.

Ohio St. should move TP to WR, he'd be unstoppable.

I'm looking to go to Knoxville this year to see the Vols get decimated, any hot spots I should know about?

Whats even more laughable is those clowns on CBS this morning picking Pryor as one of their pre season Heisman picks. Dude is never going to excel in that offense.

Sorry but I have never seen TP make an NFL throw yet. Can't make em when u push the ball through the air. At least VY had the side arm that had velocity on it. I just don't look at TP and see a guy that gets it as a QB. But he may surprise me and become the guy everyone hypes him to be. I thought he looked pretty bad against Oregon last year too. Ran tough but that D was baby soft

Beamer agreed to an extension thru 2016 today right before the scrimmage started.

Don't feel like transcribing anything significant from the scrimmage cus not that much happened. Marcus Davis looks really good like I thought, Bruce Taylor will be an upgrade over Barquell Rivers (went down with injury in the offseason).

If David Wilson redshirts the coaches are FOOLS. I LOVE Darren Evans but he is nowhere near as good a player as Wilson is right now; I still don't think he's all the way back from that injury. The only thing Wilson have yet is good vision (obviously this is important for a RB) but he's getting there mentally, and he has both Ryan Williams and Darren Evans beat in every other physical department except quicks/shake. Dude is the fastest player on the team and is a bull to bring down in the open field. He had one run today where he just dragged like 4 of our first team defenders an extra 7 yards at the end of the run, he never goes down easy. What he lacks now in vision he will make up for with his strength and speed.

If Evans' resume wasn't so good, there would be NO question that Wilson should be the #2 back. Our backfield right now is like if Bama still had Glen Coffee (Darren Evans), Mark Ingram (Ryan Williams), and Trent Richardson (David Wilson) might actually be the best eventually but it's not his turn yet.

ya he was 10-23 for 149yd and 1td. The stats dont really bother me tho. They could be drops, they could be forced throws bc he couldnt run, whatever..
I dont agree with that report I posted bc the scrimmages are simulated and until I see it for myself its just hearsay and all hype. Figure id post it though

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Sorry but I have never seen TP make an NFL throw yet. Can't make em when u push the ball through the air. At least VY had the side arm that had velocity on it. I just don't look at TP and see a guy that gets it as a QB. But he may surprise me and become the guy everyone hypes him to be. I thought he looked pretty bad against Oregon last year too. Ran tough but that D was baby soft

what Rose bowl did you watch? that was proably his best game of his ohio state career. expect for that stupid INT he was money that game.

he would be dirt slow for a WR and has no shakes to him.

he would be dirt slow for a WR and has no shakes to him.

Yeah don't get too into his TD reception last year.  Dude is 6'6 and just throwing a jump ball up to him is just easy.  I guess when OSU gets in the redzone, they can move him.

Back
Top Bottom