LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by RoOk

Man do i hate Texas but love how EVERY year they dominate in the recruiting wars. I believe their one of the few programs that does it the right way also.
laugh.gif
Stop...

Texas is loaded up with this kind of talent every year. Until somebody else in the state hires an elite coach and proves they can compete, that won't change. And really, A&M is the only one in-state with the resources to do it but they're too stupid to figure that out.

Texas is going to load up on elite talent and fill an entire class by the end of summer every single year for the foreseeable future.

^ Stop what? It's my opinion that Texas does it the right way. Recruiting wise and everything. Now of course their could be rumors and crap but Mack Brown isn't that type of coach i believe.

It's not like recruiting at UT is all that hard. Texas produces great talent every year from HS and the majority of them want to play for UT from jump.

Texas picks and chooses. And, for the most part, they only offer kids they know they'll get to commit. They send out an offer in Texas, the kid is theirs.

As for whether or not they play clean all the time... Believe what you will, but I don't think anybody is that naive. Big-time programs play the game. It is what it is. All of them do it.

BYU is ******ed if they make that move. They can't beat big teams. They dont have the athletes to compete with the big schools, they got lucky last year that Bradford got hurt.

Nah, BYU was beating Oklahoma even with Bradford, thats a convenient excuse. He wasnt gettin #+** done when he was in the game.

but I agree, BYU is dumb for this, as TOny Barnhardt put it "they think they are the ND of the west" and they are in for a rude awakening

and from Big Spur of 24/7
Brandon Willis will be headed back to Tennessee.

thats a complete surprise if true,
I still figure its UCLA.

he would probably have to petition in order to get eligible for 2010 season no matter where he went.

Just got more confirmation on Curtis Grant; I'll bet anybody on here $20 that he ends up a Gator. Hughes is apparently also silent to UNC, and Demetrius Nicholson is holding out to see if there will be a postseason ban at UNC. If their punishment doesn't include that (which it's not likely to) DN is UNC bound as well.

On the plus side for us it looks like our chances are pretty good with Dominique Terrell.

Its crazy, now UT has 8 of the top 100 and the next best school in the state A&M doesn't have one in the top 250.

Embarrassing would be an understatement right now. But it is still August. (lol)

Any FSU fans? im really looking forward to seeing LaMarcus Joyner play this year. Dude is a beast, my only knock on him is that hes only 5'8. Tall WR's are gonna eat him up!

JMause3-Dope avy! Deion is my all time favorite player

why u assume tall receivers are gonna eat him up?

recently, Alphonzo Smith and DJ Moore were both under 5'9 and Killed Tall WRs

technique intelligence and Ball skills are way more important than height when it comes to cornerback play

Back
Top Bottom