|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
15. Los Angeles Lakers
Proj. record: 25-57
Last season: 17-65

The 2016-17 season will be the first since 1995-96 without Kobe Bryant in a Lakers uniform. Kobe's retirement might not help ticket sales, but it will give D'Angelo Russell and Brandon Ingram a chance to shine in L.A.'s spotlight. That should allow the Lakers a chance to improve on a franchise-worst 17 wins last season.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17131591/2016-summer-forecast-west-standings

Last in the West, bottom three record in the league again. :rofl:

Man, if the league somehow gives us another Top 3 pick......... :pimp:

But, I have a hard time seein us get that lucky again.

If we keep this pick again while improving 8 games....I couldn't complain one bit.

Precisely.

I dislike that anyone is already expecting to keep that pick though, it means we have to go through ANOTHER DAMN SEASON of people complaining about wins,
I just wanna see the kids flourish, and win as many games as possible. At some point if we want any real chance at good free agents we need a winning environment again.
Weve rooted for losses long enough, and weve received plenty of rewards out of it no?

I guess thats what bugs me personally about the bottom 3 expectations the most, knowing so many of our fan base will once again be in here rooting for losses.

Not going to be enjoyable rooting for the youngins that way, IMHO.
But anyways, like my dude @grandtheftbike likes to preach... can people live da way they wanna live?

nah hes never said that but it sounds like a gtb quote :nerd:

Last edited:
Having bottom 3 expectations isn't rooting against the young core at all. It's merely a function of how bad we are to the rest of the league. I want to see improvement in their individual games and mainly for Ingram to show out, but they're still so young we're going to be really bad, just how it's always been in the NBA. I hope they win more than 16 games this season but if not, it's a win either way with keeping our pick in a loaded draft.

I dislike that anyone is already expecting to keep that pick though, it means we have to go through ANOTHER DAMN SEASON of people complaining about wins,
I just wanna see the kids flourish, and win as many games as possible. At some point if we want any real chance at good free agents we need a winning environment again.
Weve rooted for losses long enough, and weve received plenty of rewards out of it no?

I guess thats what bugs me personally about the bottom 3 expectations the most, knowing so many of our fan base will once again be in here rooting for losses.

Not going to be enjoyable rooting for the youngins that way, IMHO.
But anyways, like my dude @grandtheftbike likes to preach... can people live da way they wanna live?

nah hes never said that but it sounds like a gtb quote :nerd:

Agree. I will unsubscribe from this thread if it turns into team tank once again

You can root for tanking, without rooting for harming the young players.

And I'm not even saying I WANT to tank. I want the youngsters to grow and develop. But if we lose 50-60 games (and it's quite possible) then I have no problem with letting a few extra games go to get into that 4-5-6 range and take our chances with the Lottery Gods.

I don't think we are bottom 3 range, but I don't think we're very far off from bottom 3 range, either.

I'm thinking 6th worst.

1. Sixers
2. Nets
3. Suns (Don't see how they don't become sellers come February, and if Bender doesn't have a surprising first season that will hurt them as well)
4. Magic (Offense will be really bad, Biyombo may have trouble and revert back to regular season Biyombo with lesser talent and options around, don't think Defense can make up for horrible offense)
5. Kings (They're going to regress to be around their mean - 27 wins, including when they trade Rudy Gay for spare parts)
6. Lakers

Some teams that COULD be closer than imaginable (Not saying we pass them, but teams projected to be better, but will be much closer to us)
Heat - If Bosh can't make it a full season, that team will be really thin, and will struggle in the last few months
Blazers - Great Young Team, Surprised a lot of people. Well coached. But now everybody has money. With money comes expectations. Wouldn't surprise me if they were a Boom to Bust team
Mavericks - Very thin team. Very slow team. Wes Matthews looked bad last year, lets see if he regains what he lost to injury. Dirk is old, and a step slower. Can Bogut stay healthy? How will Harrison Barnes be as a 2nd / 3rd option

Last edited:
I'm thinking 6th worst.

1. Sixers
2. Nets
3. Suns (Don't see how they don't become sellers come February, and if Bender doesn't have a surprising first season that will hurt them as well)
4. Magic (Offense will be really bad, Biyombo may have trouble and revert back to regular season Biyombo with lesser talent and options around, don't think Defense can make up for horrible offense)
5. Kings (They're going to regress to be around their mean - 27 wins, including when they trade Rudy Gay for spare parts)
6. Lakers

this looks about right except switch the magic with the heat

i think themagic will be 7th worse cuz they willbeat on the weak east teams

But mamba MVP confirmed that j rock and D'lo are bumbs tho [emoji]129300[/emoji]

OMG they didn't look scared!!! Give em statutes outside Staples right now, never mind in the same quote he says they looked bad and had turnovers, but hey at least they weren't terrified being amidst other professional basketball players. I def feel like we're bottom 4 material now instead of bottom 3.

laugh.gif
 at all of randles highlights basically consisting of him going left and only being 40 seconds long.

From all the footage that was released, he didn't seem to have many highlights. He was just moving the ball, not trying to step on anyone's toes being the youngest in camp. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom