|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaylen Brown coming in to workout tomorrow.
I don't even know why Mitch is wasting everyone's time :smh:
Yea yea I know I know due diligence but working out anyone but Ingram or Simmons is just to save face and put on a show.

We can only pray this run was enough for the Raptors to want to retain DeBumzan. 

giphy.gif

Per Marc Stein:

The floor figure teams are throwing around for Bismack Biyombo's free agency, thanks to the magical Cap Spike of 2016, is a cool $15 million

Yikes.

I'd try to see what the Sixers want for Noel as long as its not #2 and D'Lo.

Chris Mannix:

On DeRozan: Plenty of options, including LA. But why leave a city and team like Toronto and a five-year deal for a rebuilding situation?

Am I the only one on team #down4demar?

:lol:

Absolutely not.

Per Marc Stein:

The floor figure teams are throwing around for Bismack Biyombo's free agency, thanks to the magical Cap Spike of 2016, is a cool $15 million

Yikes.

I'd try to see what the Sixers want for Noel as long as its not #2 and D'Lo.

Including Randle makes it a lateral move pretty much. Nerlens has strengths on the defensive side of the ball, but isn't in any way plausibly better than Randle in a long term sense. Also he gets his post Rookie Contract starting in 2017.

Chris Mannix:

On DeRozan: Plenty of options, including LA. But why leave a city and team like Toronto and a five-year deal for a rebuilding situation?

Many reasons
1. They are losing Biyombo. Unless they trade Carroll for nothing, they cannot afford DeMar & Biyombo. Which means they are taking a step back. And if they tried to trade say Patterson, and Ross to try and retain Biyombo, a team will go over the top, and offer over anything Biyombo could get from Toronto.
2. Toronto is a Top 4 seed with no prospects of getting to the finals. They can't improve, and unless Ross becomes the player he's capable of (that ship sailed), Raptors are what they are, and that's not a contender.
3. Adding DeMar & say a Whiteside with Ingram. Retaining Clarkson, and adding another bench piece for anywhere around $7mil - $22mil (Range they have for a bench player, and tops out if Lou Williams was traded) is fighting for a playoff spot.
4. Gets way more recognition in LA than he ever would in Toronto.
5. LA is his home town.
6. Will make whatever possible money in raises (about $5-6mil in 4 years) easily in endorsements that just are not available for a guy like DeMar DeRozan in Toronto.
7. He would be considered the guy of his childhood team, and taking over the reigns from the guy he considered his idol.

There's a bunch of reasons why he would leave Toronto

Last edited:
Dumb question, but can someone explain to me why the heat can't go over the cap to sign whiteside? It seems like they should have his early bird rights like the Lakers with clarkson.

Dumb question, but can someone explain to me why the heat can't go over the cap to sign whiteside? It seems like they should have his early bird rights like the Lakers with clarkson.
They don't have his full Bird Rights because he's only been with the team for two years.

Clarkson was drafted by the team, so the Gilbert Arenas Rules applies to him, while Whiteside latched on the Heat during his third year.

Last edited:
Since they don't have his bird rights how does it affect contract offers?

What's the max miami can offer him compared to the max other teams can?

Four years-$96M from the Heat or four years-$92M from other teams

They basically have $40something million to share between Whiteside, Wade, Deng, Johnson and whoever they want to sign.

They don't have his full Bird Rights because he's only been with the team for two years.

Clarkson was drafted by the team, so the Gilbert Arenas Rules applies to him, while Whiteside latched on the Heat during his third year.
Repped.  I didn't realize he wasnt drafted by the heat.

Would you guys do a Robin Lopez for Lou Williams and #32 pick trade?

Lakers get a good center on a good contract (3 years-$41.3M) in his prime and doesn't have injury-character concerns. The Lakers will be young enough, and probably don't need another young guy. Knicks get some firepower in the backcourt and a pick that they reportedly want. Williams makes half of what Lopez does, so that gives them extra cap room.

Last edited:

Lakers get a good center on a good contract (3 years-$41.3M) in his prime and doesn't have injury-character concerns. The Lakers will be young enough, and probably don't need another young guy. Knicks get some firepower in the backcourt and a pick that they reportedly want. Williams makes half of what Lopez does, so that gives them extra cap room.
Absolutely, but I doubt the Knicks would do that.  This team needs a center in the worst way and $14M a year for a legit defensive center is starting to sound like a steal with the numbers people are throwing out for centers coming off the bench.

On a side note, does anyone have any idea of what the Sixers are asking for Noel?  It seems like there is stuff out there for Okafor, but really haven't heard a peep about Noel.

Last edited:

Absolutely, but I doubt the Knicks would do that.  This team needs a center in the worst way and $14M a year for a legit defensive center is starting to sound like a steal with the numbers people are throwing out for centers coming off the bench.

On a side note, does anyone have any idea of what the Sixers are asking for Noel?  It seems like there is stuff out there for Okafor, but really haven't heard a peep about Noel.
With the Hornacek hire, I think they will play Porzingis more at center. O'Quinn is a decent backup. Plus, there's reports they have interest in Noah. That should cover them. :nerd:

I think a middle of the first round pick for Noel is proper value.

Sixers seem to be shopping both just to see what the market is for the 2. And will choose what gives them better offers, which will likely be Okafor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom