|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing the flair over substance on this coaching regime.

PACERS
Assistant coach helps Paul George blossom into Pacers star

Mike Wells, USA TODAY Sports
Feb 13, 2013
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus
more

Brian Spurlock, USA TODAY Sports
Paul George is the Pacers' leading scorer and will make his first All-Star appearance this season.
INDIANAPOLIS — It was inevitable that they would form a bond. They both share a fondness for fishing. One played with and coached Kobe Bryant. The other was a fan of Bryant's growing up and continues to admire his work ethic today.

With much in common, Indiana Pacers associate head coach Brian Shaw and swingman Paul George have developed a strong relationship marked by an open line of communication no matter whether the subject is positive or negative.
George also credits Shaw, along with head coach Frank Vogel, for helping him become an All-Star in just his third year in the league.
"He's really helped me out," George said of Shaw. "He's the one that gets on me. If I'm not playing well, if things aren't going right, and he knows I'm the reason for it, he'll let me hear about it."

[quote name="LiCeNseD To BaLL"]Midas Whale hire Horry, Fox and Chris Mihm to fill out the rest of the staff :rolleyes[/quote]I'm saying. Penberthy doing anything?

Is Brian shaw a defensive coach?
I think he's more associated with player development then the schematics of the game. When he was on Phil's staff, Rambis was in charge of the defense. :lol: :lol: :lol: In Indy, Vogel was responsible for the defense.

When he was a Pacers assistant coach, Shaw was credited with helping forward Paul George develop into one of the NBA’s top two-way players and with helping guard Lance Stephenson become an all-around player.

During his time with the Lakers as an assistant coach, Shaw helped Andrew Bynum turn into a solid starting center and Lamar Odom flourish into the NBA’s sixth man of the year in 2011.

With the young core of D’Angelo Russell, Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson (if he re-signs with the Lakers) and Larry Nance Jr., and with the second overall pick the Lakers have in the June 23rd draft, Shaw’s ability to communicate and develop young talent will be beneficial to Walton, the players and the team.

Also, Shaw’s calming influence helped the Lakers when O’Neal and Bryant had their feuds.

Source:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-ln-lakers-brian-shaw-20160521-story.html

He's a good choice for lead assitant coach.

Closer to 32 than 23, that's for damn sure.
roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom