|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lou Williams for Jarrett Jack and a protected second rounder now!

We'll be passing the Nets in record fairly quickly... Unless they get a new PG in there.

No way Nets are trading anything with picks.

The top 2 choices seem to be Tony Wroten & Dwight Buyucks. And if I'm Wroten, I probably could wait it out a bit, and see if a contender has a need in a few weeks.

Last edited:
As for the trade deadline...

I don't see them trading Lou Will. He's beginning to play to Lou Williams standards. First year of a 3 year deal that's actually pretty friendly money wise for him. So I'm sure they'll field calls for him, but don't see a team offering a good enough deal justifying it. Would need to be at least a 1st round pick + a project prospect. Don't see them getting better than an expiring and a second round pick for him.

I think Swaggy is on the block come trade deadline. Again, don't see them getting a deal that is worth trading him. Definitely won't get a pick for him, but likely a weak player making like $3mil.

Come the offseason, one of the two is likely gone. With the cap raising the way it is. Their salaries are actually really good. A 6th man next year is likely running you $12mil. Personally, I'd trade Lou before Swaggy due to overall fit. But that's not what's going to happen. I'd actually wouldn't mind keeping both under the right circumstance.

I believe if they lose the draft pick, which I think is going to happen, they likely keep both. If they keep the pick, they will try very hard to move one of them to offset the salary.

Russell
Clarkson (QO)
Randle
Lou Will
Swaggy P
Nance
Black (QO)
A. Brown

8 players, $61.88mil in cap space before draft picks. A # 1 & #32-34 pick would put us at about $56.1mil

$61.88 mil is enough for 3 - 25% max deals if it ends up on the low scale.

Last edited:
What are the chances that russell/nance and clarkson/randle all get invited to the welcome frosh dance during all star weekend?

What are the chances that russell/nance and clarkson/randle all get invited to the welcome frosh dance during all star weekend?

Russell, Clarkson, and Julio will for sure be in the game

Nance will be a stretch, but if he can keep his play consistent and have a couple more posters I can see him possibly making the team

Yeah, Russell, Clarkson & Randle are locks.

I think Nance has a decent chance at making it. I would say probably 9 spots are guaranteed for the rookie squad. Then probably 6-7 guys competing for the last 3 spots.

Towns
Russell
Okafor
Porzingis
Mudiay
Winslow
Turner
Booker
Hollis-Jefferson

are the locks

Boban Marjanovic
Cauley-Stein
Stanley Johnson
Jokic
Kaminisky
Portis
Nance Jr.

are the final guys

Last edited:
Yeah, Russell, Clarkson & Randle are locks.

I think Nance has a decent chance at making it. I would say probably 9 spots are guaranteed for the rookie squad. Then probably 6-7 guys competing for the last 3 spots.

Towns
Russell
Okafor
Porzingis
Mudiay
Winslow
Turner
Booker
Hollis-Jefferson

are the locks

Boban Marjanovic
Cauley-Stein
Stanley Johnson
Jokic
Kaminisky
Portis
Nance Jr.

are the final guys

I would say Stanley Johnson is a lock too... And that kid from Chicago will probably end up on the team if he keeps his play up, so that basically leaves 1 or 2 possible spots for Nance.

It's a long shot... But that would be dope to have 4 guys on the squad

Is Nance a creative dunker tho???
I mean yea he has crazy bounce but that might not translate to an entertaining dunk contest.
We all remember Shannon Brown...

#LetLarryDunk

Edit:

It's usually only nine guys from each class, which you already have for the rookie class.

Last edited:
[quote name="bright nikes"][quote name="PMatic"]Nance should at least find his way into the dunk contest.[/quote]Where's Shannon Brown to make sense of all this?[/quote]Yeah, man, after Breezy's performance, I'd rather not have our jersey represented. That was rough. :lol:

Mitch kept it so real today at the season ticket holder event
His opening statement to us fans was "this organization cannot move on until Kobe leaves". I was amazed but he's right.

He also said he thinks Nance will make the fridge/soph game (along with DLO, JC and Don Julio) and that JC will be a Laker "for a very long time " explaining how we can always match or pay more. Mitch said he was admittedly torn between keeping the pick and winning games.

He also entertained the idea of retiring 8 and 24 next season saying it's possible

Last edited:
Mitch kept it so real today at the season ticket holder event
His opening statement to us fans was "this organization cannot move on until Kobe leaves". I was amazed but he's right.

He also said he thinks Nance will make the fridge/soph game (along with DLO, JC and Don Julio) and that JC will be a Laker "for a very long time " explaining how we can always match or pay more. Mitch said he was admittedly torn between keeping the pick and winning games.

He also entertained the idea of retiring 8 and 24 next season saying it's possible

That's dope!

I remember I went to one of those with my dad when I was 13... It was the first time I noticed Mitch's pinky :lol:

I asked him at the time if he had to pick one Laker to take a shot at the end of a game who would he select... He said Kobe obviously and to my surprise said Nick Van Exel as well.

#LetLarryDunk

Edit:

It's usually only nine guys from each class, which you already have for the rookie class.

Thought it was 12. Ah well. He ain't making it then.
I don't think RHJ or Turner are guarantees (injuries). Don't think Stanley Johnson has been good enough to warrant a spot either.

He's still had a better season thus far than Nance.

Last edited:
[quote name="Lizaker4Lizife"]Mitch:

"this organization cannot move on until Kobe leaves"[/quote]*shrugs*

Or they could have moved on from Kobe 2 years ago *shrugs*

That's dope!

I remember I went to one of those with my dad when I was 13... It was the first time I noticed Mitch's pinky :lol:

I asked him at the time if he had to pick one Laker to take a shot at the end of a game who would he select... He said Kobe obviously and to my surprise said Nick Van Exel as well.
He's still had a better season thus far than Nance.

Ya his right pinkie is a right angle, straight looks like a L, me and my buddy were laughing about that, it was my 2nd year going

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom