|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

If he had not gone to Ohio State to be the guy he probably wouldn't have made nearly the impact he did either. I also take stock into going to play with other highly ranked players, that's why what KAT, Randle, Jah, Winslow did last year was impressive to me.
Yeah, that's not really provable but OK. Of course his usage would go down but who knows how he would have fit in with other top talent

My point in saying that Russell was a 5 star recruit was to show that he wasn't anywhere near unknown or unheralded 

Did Steph coming back to Davidson for his junior year hurt his stock? We can all come up with specific examples that work and don't.

A 5 star rating doesn't mean much to me, there's at least 20-25 guys every year that get that rating. Doesn't mean they're all going to be NBA players. There's been prodigies from the time they've been in high school and before.  The college basketball season inflated Russ's status last season from being what most thought was a good player to a can't miss prospect in the top 3 of the draft, when absent that thing he may not even have gone in the lottery that's all I'm saying.

Kansas and Duke to a lesser extent did handicap Wiggins but it didn't stop him from going number 1 or Jabari 2.
Damn near every place had Jahlil at number 1 since his junior year, he has a season at least on par with D'Lo maybe better and be was sitting right there and they passed on him. I'll continue to bring it up as long as he's dropping 20 and 8 and D'Lo is looking like a scared puppy out there having no impact at all. If you don't like it block me.

Last edited:
James Harden #21. Same year, Kevin Love was #1 2007
Klay was #53. Same year, Brandon Jennings was #1 2008
Kawhi Leonard was #56. Same year Avery Bradley was #1 2009

Steph Curry was a 3 star recruit.

Russell Westbrook was unrated coming up thru Rivals. (at least as far as I can find)

There's a lot of evidence here man. Guys come up, guys fall back, same as any other sport, any other draft process.

Did Steph coming back to Davidson for his junior year hurt his stock? We can all come up with specific examples that work and don't.

A 5 star rating doesn't mean much to me, there's at least 20-25 guys every year that get that rating. Doesn't mean they're all going to be NBA players. There's been prodigies from the time they've been in high school and before.  The college basketball season inflated Russ's status last season from being what most thought was a good player to a can't miss prospect in the top 3 of the draft, when absent that thing he may not even have gone in the lottery that's all I'm saying.

Kansas and Duke to a lesser extent did handicap Wiggins but it didn't stop him from going number 1 or Jabari 2.
Damn near every place had Jahlil at number 1 since his junior year, he has a season at least on par with D'Lo maybe better and be was sitting right there and they passed on him. I'll continue to bring it up as long as he's dropping 20 and 8 and D'Lo is looking like a scared puppy out there having no impact at all. If you don't like it block me.
Steph was never projected to be a top 5 pick after his frosh year unless I'm mistaken. There was no point in Russell coming back, that would have been a mistake. There's no need to stay in school when you're going to be a guaranteed top 10 pick 

Right, but a 5 star rating again, means the prospect isn't anywhere near unknown or unheralded. That' the only point that I'm discussing 

I'm specifically talking about 1 and dones none of those guys you mentioned qualify except Kevin Love.

Harden, Blake, Klay all went back to school for at least 2nd year. Jennings went overseas. You look at the top of almost all those drafts the top one and dones mirror the top prospects going into the college season.

Eh, one and dones is kind of a newer trend, so it'll take a little time for the data to settle.

Thing is, both can be good. It doesn't have to be either or.

My friend Prime opened a thread years ago that said the Clippers were makin a big mistake taking Blake over Steph. He was CRUCIFIED on here. Blake was jumpin over Kia's, highlight dunks every night, the whole thing.

Couple years later, he looks pretty smart.

Blake is still very good, but Steph is other worldly right now.

They're both great.

AI, Ray Allen came on scene hot early in their careers. Kobe and Nash came on later, surpassed them both. All 4 were great, but their paths were diff.
We 11 games in, ****, after 3 half this thread been ready to lay DLo down. That ain't how draftin lotto picks works. Jah can look great on a winless team when he gets the ball whenever he wants, but what real value is that?

If Jah had Byron, he'd get 18 minutes a night and set screens all game long. :lol:

Gotta have more patience man.

Mamba what are you even arguing? Your position seems to change with every post

One and dones isn't that new.

Nah it's been the same and I've stated multiple times. One and dones I'm taking the top prospects going into the college season that have a great season over the lesser prospect who while good haven't been can't miss since early on. You take the forced year of college out of the equation for the top guys you'd likely see a lot of difference.

You keep saying Byron wouldn't do this or that with Jah. For some reason Randle being a rookie himself is getting consistent minutes.

Last edited:
Drafting prospects with top pedigrees is ideal, but it's not going to guarantee anything.

Top five one and done picks that weren't in the top 5 of their RSCI HS class ranking since 2006:

Mike Conley (#4 pick, #21 RSCI)
Enes Kanter (#3 pick, #7 RSCI)
Tristan Thompson (#4 pick, #9 RSCI)
Anthony Bennett (#1 pick, #6 RSCI)
Joel Embiid (#3 pick, #16 RSCI)

"I spent a lot of time with those guys after the game. I had a family member in town and we [all] went to dinner," Hibbert later said. "After that, we went back to the room. The rooks came up to my room and we were up until 4 a.m., just watching the Spurs play Portland and talking.

"I learned from them, they learned from me. I see the potential. People just have to be patient."
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-hibbert-20151118-story.html

Give Hibbert the max.

Last edited:
One and dones isn't that new.

Nah it's been the same and I've stated multiple times. One and dones I'm taking the top prospects going into the college season that have a great season over the lesser prospect who while good haven't been can't miss since early on.

This completely contradicts you saying you don't care about 5 star ratings. Clearly you do, you just flat out don't like Russ. Then again you called Steph meh last year the entire season

This completely contradicts you saying you don't care about 5 star ratings. Clearly you do, you just flat out don't like Russ. Then again you called Steph meh last year the entire season

The 5 star rating itself own its face doesn't matter, see Grayson Allen. There's so many guys that end up not even making it to the league that are 5 star recruits.

No I don't like Russ especially for this team long term, you deduced that all by yourself, brilliant Sherlock.

Bobby pls.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] I'll chill. Leave my rants for Twitter...Maybe

As far as leemelone goes don't really care what a Clippers fan has to say.

Last edited:
tbLapBB.gif

We ALL knew Russell was gonna take some time....

If all we cared about was Year 1, Okafor was the pick.

Last edited:
Nope. Short term: Jah was the pick.
Long term: Jah was the pick.

Just too much of a wealth of PGs to make that pick there. Ahh I can't stop.

I shudder to think what pit defense would've been like with Okafor. Who would have been starting at SF?

Probably Ron, you get Anthony Brown to play the backup 3. Clarkson being the primary ball handler where he's most effective and Kobe back at the 2.

Sure we'd be worse on defense 30th instead of 29th whoopty doo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom