Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte | New episodes Tuesdays | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think the prequels were good but they seem less bad compared to the disney era.
I didn’t find the prequels to be enjoyable movies especially Phantom Menace. But at least they dared to try something different. They were the top of graphic effects and soundtracks and the fights were great.

The third trilogy was uninspired and were a storytelling mess.

I’ll withhold judgment until Acolyte is over. The mom’s acting and Soul are good. The choreography is great. The young twin’s acting is bad.

I didn’t find the prequels to be enjoyable movies especially Phantom Menace. But at least they dared to try something different. They were the top of graphic effects and soundtracks and the fights were great.

I’ll withhold judgment until Acolyte is over. The mom’s acting and Soul are good. The choreography is great. The young twin’s acting is bad.

Yeah honestly, the only thing I can bother to watch in Episode 1 is the final lightsaber duel. In Episode 2, anything after the Clones arrive. And then anything post-Order 66 scene in ROTS.

Even the Clone Wars is something I can say I'm a fan of but can probably only ever willingly watch maybe half(?) the episodes? There's a ton of filler there but I get it's longer cartoon seasons so I'm ok with that ratio of episodes = enjoyment.

To me, the Prequels were the prime example of "just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD." Lucas felt like he needed to use every possible technological advancement he had available to him, to the detriment of the movies themselves. Even though he had extraordinarily capable actors in Portman, McGregor, Neeson, and Christiansen, having them doing everything in front of a green screen with him directing hampered their abilities. Not letting anyone help him with dialogue, and not having anyone who felt like they could stand up to him and say "nobody would say this" like Fisher, Ford, and Hamill caused us to end up with crap like "I hate sand" and "you can't stop change any more than you can stop the setting of the sun." jaypesoz jaypesoz described exactly how much of those 3 movies I can watch. :rofl:

i guess thats how they bypass yoda not being involved, they didnt report it to the high council

qimir possibility of being the “master” is a bit too on the nose, i think they might reveal its him then do another switcheroo… then again this show doesnt seem too concerned with subtlety

i like the ending on this one, the series is really moving fast, they already got the master out there about to go against the jedis, got me really looking forward to next week

the master seems op, i thought they were gon pull a kylo-han death scene but looks like he sense something in osha - looks like a lot of jedis about to get murked

To me, the Prequels were the prime example of "just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD." Lucas felt like he needed to use every possible technological advancement he had available to him, to the detriment of the movies themselves. Even though he had extraordinarily capable actors in Portman, McGregor, Neeson, and Christiansen, having them doing everything in front of a green screen with him directing hampered their abilities. Not letting anyone help him with dialogue, and not having anyone who felt like they could stand up to him and say "nobody would say this" like Fisher, Ford, and Hamill caused us to end up with crap like "I hate sand" and "you can't stop change any more than you can stop the setting of the sun." jaypesoz jaypesoz described exactly how much of those 3 movies I can watch. :rofl:

IMG_4383.gif

The first 3/4 of this episode felt filler-ish... but that last bit with Darth ZipperMouth. (if he's even a Sith?). 👀
And I guess they want us to believe that it's Qimir... but surely there's another twist here?
He's the mysterious 'master', but not THE master?

Wished we got to see more of the Wookiee Jedi!

Another episode where I didn't feel it was either great or awful... but still intrigued by where this story is headed.

Also... Ki-Adi-Mundi. 👀

Last edited:
[ QUOTE="Sinner, post: 37048529, member: 37553"]
Never forget.

[/QUOTE]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Were the prequel trilogy the first major motion pictures to use green screen with heavy CG backgrounds?

To use it to that degree, yes. Lucas was also the first to use digital cameras on a blockbuster, which caused a lot of problems in Attack of the Clones.

i think the whole galaxy being in peace = jedis were getting comfortable and soft

i mean they were so confused when they saw dude with the red lightsaber

they thought the biggest threat to them were some flying kunais

also, dafne keen has to be legitimately a ******, right? she's 19 (she looks like she's 12 in the show) and she looks like a dwarf next to amandla :lol:

If the poison guy is the Sith ugh

This show might be as bad as Boba Fett. I wasn’t a huge fan of Obi Wan or Ashoka. But those were more entertaining.

Been trying to think of why this show feels off to me and I’m still trying to figure it out…the writing itself feels fine IMO. I don’t mind the witches, I dont mind the conception of the twins, the Jedi being idiots is standard behavior which also makes sense, so to me the writing is there…the acting is there too…the more i think about it, it’s probably more on the production/direction of this show.

This expensive *** show just looks and feels like a CW show IMO. To compare (thanks to Google), House of the Dragon has an estimated $20m budget per episode and Acolyte has $22/m per episode. But this feels wildly off to me.

Also - If a Jedi Knight is offed by an assassin, why havent we seen Master Yoda yet? Maybe consult with one of the GOAT Jedi’s? He’s still 800 years young

Showrunner was forbidden to use Yoda on the series from what i read.

Ep4 was good. Ending was a nice cliffhanger.

Def looking forward to ep5

For those saying this looks cheap i mean why do you want? The cinematography not up to snuff? Not enough lightsabers or space cruisers? And what’s wrong with CW shows? Flash was done well as was green arrow so again what more do you want seriously?

The fandom is really what makes a product bad not the product itself. People just hate that this show is not binge able but as we saw with X-Men ‘97 some shows need to be released at a pace.

I’m enjoying the show and honestly don’t see what the critiques are. Story is developing at a good pace with hopefully better revelations ahead.

I won't lie. I agree with some of his points.

Osha being meh toward her sister. If she dies, she dies. Mae losing her ish and quitting the job lol after discovering Osha is alive after trying to kill Osha years ago. Make it make sense. Then her companion is trolling her because he might be her boss. And Jedi's are Jeding eg be incompetent. FBI or CIA they are not.

Last edited:
IMO qimir is a sith lord but an apprentice. The sith master is probably darth tenebrous. I think Mae was used to get osha. I'm sure there's more to it than that tho.

The timeline is before Palpatine (darth sidious) was an apprentice to darth plagueis. Both plagueis and tenebrous would be around. Maybe the "master" is the apprentice using an acolyte to eventually take out the actual sith master or another sith apprentice? Qimir might be darth venamis using mae and/or osha to try to take out plagueis?

I like the show, buy the one thing I have issue with is, its overly super serious and overly super goofy at the same time, instead of it being balanced.

X-23 and Osha need to learn from Shin and Sabine how to have THAT energy theyre trying to portray between the two.

Back
Top Bottom