Lil mouse

Because in a couple years, this will/could be Lil Mouse...

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

...while you bullshiitn doin' the money dance, JoJo is dead now.

jojo got smoked 

How don't you understand? Unlike Ross, Mouse is a 13 year old who's mother and uncles are behind the scenes pushing him to do this. Ross is an adult who is conscious of the decisions he's making. I'm sure Mouse has been through some stuff and yes there are kids like him running around the hoods across America and I'm not mad at him. I'm :smh: at the adults in his life for thinking this is cool and chasing that quick buck through him. Like Chief Keef, you just have to wait and see what record label is going to reward this garbage.

That's not the point I was making.

My point is ALL OF THIS **** is bad at the end of the day. The **** difference does it make if it's coming from a 13 year old or a 30 year old?

I don't understand how rapping about shooting, robbing, stealing and killing wouldn't garner much of a discussion amongst anyone but it does when you factor his age into this mix. As if...him being old enough to make a "conscious decision" somehow negates the fact that it's all damaging at the end of the day.

However horrible you see Mouse being 13 rapping about what he raps about...I see equally horrible when I see Rick Ross at damn near 40 rapping about the same stuff and the 13 year olds are the ones who are eating it up.

This song goes but listening to these lyrics I can do nothing but shake my head. He is 13!!!!! THIRTEEN!!!!!!
This is going way too far. I can't rock with Chief Keef either anymore (although 'I Don't Like' is one of my favorite songs of the year) the stuff they're rapping about is just :smh:
\

I hope you listening to only Wale or Stalley or some **** then because I don't see what these kids are rapping about that Jay-Z, Biggie, Pac, etc. have ever rapped about. Sure there's a different level of lyricism involved but I don't see how you can be turned off by what these kids are talking about when legends like Biggie were threatening to get his enemies kids butt ****** and thrown over a bridge.

Ya'll be having selective reasoning like a MOTHER ****** when it comes to Rap.

And thats how we keep losing. While one little black boy and his family gets rewarded the thousands or millions that listen and emulate them will never see that type of money or success. All they get is a sad reality which leads to prison, death, crime, and poverty. So thats why something should be done.

Shouldn't that same logic apply to the music as a whole instead of one rapper because of his age?

Say Lil Mouse is 26...Isn't it still a sad reality that those thousands and millions will still listen and emulate?

I just see the bigger picture here...and harping on the fact that lil mouse is 13 is trivial when you look at it that way.

Last edited:
lil wayne was rappin bout **** way worse than this with much more graphic lyrics at the same age & even younger

I understand why people are shaking thier head at this but I don't really have that much of a problem with it. When I was that age kids were saying worse **** than this and I'm sure they still do. The one thing that bothers me is whoever is taking care of lil man is probably using him for thier benefit. But the stuff he's saying really doesn't bother me. Same thing with Chief Keef, even though he can't rap for **** and I'll probably never listen to a mixtape or album he has. I know young dudes his age that say a lot worse stuff. At least he's putting himself and his family in a better situation. If he's being smart with his money.

It seems like these days internet/college type _s find it cool to glorify and get entertainment from the most ignorant s_. The stuff really doesn't affect them so it's all good, simply entertainment.

But to the YGs in the hood this is their lives and these offerings affect their reality.

I don't rock with half of the s_ some of y'all do but I do listen to a lot of hardcore street music. I listen to G s_ from people experienced and intelligent enough to paint a balanced and accurate picture of the streets. Jeezy, TIP, DMX, 50, BIG, Styles, Beans etc. these are all grown men who artistically create accurate portrayals of the street. You knew that when you heard that Mafioso beat on "What's Beef?" and BIG's purposefully cinematic flow that he was telling a fictional story....that's why you don't see many street dudes raping babies and throwing them over bridges as a form of revenge. It was clear to everyone listening that a suspension of disbelief and dis-attachment from reality was necessary when listening to those type of songs. Only mentally deranged James Holmes types dudes would try to follow in those footsteps.

You ain't getting that type of art from these lil kids. They are creating a culture of hyper-degeneracy. Its that Middle-school/HS peer pressure mentality of "this is exactly what you're supposed to be doing lil _." Starting with the beat....Them trap beats frame the music in a unique way, there are no soulful samples to fall back on. There's no real traditional musical or cultural tradition attached to this sub-genre....its just new millennium street anthem music...which in and of itself is cool. The beat in large part, dictates the flow and content just like Dre and Premo beats did in the 90's. Trance like trap beats lures listeners in and give social cues that trained young ears pick up on instantly.

But there is no clever lyricism or concepts to put this stuff into the realm of poetry. _s don't even try to be artistic, s_ is just the straightforward advocating of violence and degenerate behavior. It's bad enough when its 17 year olds that are only somewhat conscious of what they're doing but too young to truly understand it all, partake in this nonsense....but now we stooping to 13 years olds that can't even conceptualize what the hell they're talking about? 13 year old kids now have a efficient template of destruction coming from someone that looks just like them. The innocence of Lil Bow Wow and Lil Romeo is being replaced by this type of imagery. This is like them scumbag _s in the hood that wind up young soldiers to put in work for them....while they lay in the cut and watch the yungins self destruct. Why would we want to normalize this type of s_ in Hip-Hop or in our hoods?

We in the youtube/reality TV era...ain't no more Hype Williams flicks on studio lots with rented props. Its HD DSLR video, in real hoods, with teenagers waving real guns with bodies on em. Its a social network of ignorance.

On top of all of this.....the majority of the music is straight garbage. Some of these songs can barely be considered music but cats are amping it simply because it promotes ignorance.

Young dudes these days have more options than ever....but they are falling into the same pitfalls at an elevated rate because no one is telling them better. _s praising ignorance behind their university broadband connection while young poor _s die in the projects trying to live a life that they are constantly being told is their only option.

I personally can't honor it.

Last edited:
It seems like these days college type _s find it cool to glorify and get entertainment from the most ignorant s_. The stuff really doesn't affect them so it's all good, simply entertainment.
But to the YGs in the hood this is their lives and these offerings affect their reality.
I don't rock with half of the s_ some of y'all do but I do listen to a lot of hardcore street music. I listen to G **** from people experienced and intelligent enough to paint a balanced and accurate picture of the streets. Jeezy, TIP, DMX, 50, BIG etc. these are all grown men who artistically paint portraits of the street. You knew that when you heard that Mafioso beat on "What's Beef?" and BIG's purposefully cinematic flow that he was telling a fictional story....that's why you don't see many street dudes raping babies and throwing them over bridges as a form of revenge. It was clear to everyone listening that a suspension of disbelief and dis-attachment from reality was necessary when listening to those type of songs. Only really mentally deranged James Holmes types dudes would try to follow in those footsteps.
You ain't getting that type of art from these lil kids. They are creating a culture of hyper-degeneracy. Its that Middle-school/HS peer pressure mentality of "this is exactly what you're supposed to be doing lil _." Starting with the beat....Them trap beats frame the music in a unique way, there are no soulful samples to fall back on. There's no real traditional musical or cultural tradition attached to this sub-genre....its just new millennium street anthem music. The beat in large part, dictates the flow and content just like Dre and Premo beats did in the 90's. The trance like trap beats lures listeners in and give social cues that trained young ears pick up on instantly.
There is no clever lyricism to put it into the realm of poetry. N_ don't even try to be artistic, s_ is just the straightforward advocating of violence and degenerate behavior. It's bad enough when its 17 year olds that are conscious of what they're doing but are too young to truly understand it....but now we stooping to 13 years olds that can't even conceptualize what the hell they're talking about? This is just like them scumbag _s in the hood that wind up young soldiers to put in work for them and get bodied. Why would we want to normalize this type of s_?
On top of all of this.....the majority of the music is straight garbage. Some of these songs can barely be considered music but cats are amping it simply because it promotes ignorance.
Young dudes these days have more options than ever....but they are falling into the same pitfalls at a rapid rate because no one is telling them better. _s praising ignorance behind their university broadband connection while young poor _s die in the project trying to live a life that they are constantly being told is their only option.

I agree w/ most of this except for the bolded part.

Impressionable youth are impressionable youth and glorification is glorification. I'm not buying that "artistically painting portraits" ****. They're better rappers. Let's leave it at that. Them ****** are still pumping out the same negative stereotypes and glorifying things that ultimately shouldn't be glorified. You not about to sit up and tell me that in the same neighborhoods that kids are listening to Chief Keef in right now...that there weren't youngins blasting 101 or Trap Muzik the same way. And they damn sure weren't listening because they painted any portraits.

Lyricism and creativity don't mask an overall negative influence. If ya'll don't like the music that's cool but don't try to sit up and say that their message is any worse then the people that came before them.

And before anyone thinking I'm trying to justify Lil Mouse/Keef, etc. I'm not. I'm just calling out the double standard. It's crazy ya'll have no problems listening to Flocka or Gucci Mane and then pull the "this is going too far" card when it involves some youngins. If ya'll have a problem w/ the message...CALL ALL OF IT OUT.

Last edited:
You can't tell me

"************* right, my pocket's looking kind of tight
and I'm stressed, yo Biggie let me get the vest "

"When it's time to eat a meal I rob and steal
'cos Mom Duke ain't giving me **** "

"I just came home, ain't trying to see Central Booking "

is the same

"30 clips & them hollow tips have his *** sitting there rolling"

Yes rappers talk about killing, robbing, etc and they will continue as long as this remains a reality in the neighborhoods of where most rap comes from. But telling both sides of a story and giving context to why you are committing these acts as opposed to just glorifying them because that's what you're supposed to do isn't the same thing. At all.

Do we have grown rappers telling only one side of the story? Yes and that has been an issue in Hip Hop but only lately. Onyx probably has the grimest lyrics in hip hop history involving rape, killing, stealing but they also rapped about why they felt they had to do what they had to do. I joke about Lil Mouse being a social experiment on Twitter but I really believe it. Someone is seeing how low we are willing to accept things. Pretty soon we will have elementary school rap groups toting AKs. It's sickening. :smh:

I joke about Lil Mouse being a social experiment on Twitter but I really believe it. Someone is seeing how low we are willing to accept things. Pretty soon we will have elementary school rap groups toting AKs. It's sickening. :smh:

I was honestly saying the same **** last week...

...I feel like there are like four dudes in lab coats watching this "Mouse" character rubbing their chins and jotting notes.

You can't tell me
"************* right, my pocket's looking kind of tight
and I'm stressed, yo Biggie let me get the vest "
"When it's time to eat a meal I rob and steal
'cos Mom Duke ain't giving me **** "
"I just came home, ain't trying to see Central Booking "
is the same
"30 clips & them hollow tips have his *** sitting there rolling"
Yes rappers talk about killing, robbing, etc and they will continue as long as this remains a reality in the neighborhoods of where most rap comes from. But telling both sides of a story and giving context to why you are committing these acts as opposed to just glorifying them because that's what you're supposed to do isn't the same thing. At all.
Do we have grown rappers telling only one side of the story? Yes and that has been an issue in Hip Hop but only lately. Onyx probably has the grimest lyrics in hip hop history involving rape, killing, stealing but they also rapped about why they felt they had to do what they had to do. I joke about Lil Mouse being a social experiment on Twitter but I really believe it. Someone is seeing how low we are willing to accept things. Pretty soon we will have elementary school rap groups toting AKs. It's sickening. :smh:

Aight man.

Yeah...it's different because he explained why he was robbing and killing.

If you don't see the double standard in that it is what it is.

Rap fans always like to hide behind that "but this is what's going in the hood" argument as if that excuses the glorification aspect.

Good lord Wavy, I think he was pretty much saying you're taking everything extremely literal. Is there a double standard? Sure, but it's also one that's understood.

SHWAP wasn't saying that the older rappers get a pass for "explaining why they're killing and robbing", cause that's not what it actually is. Those rappers mentioned before have all rapped about what they did, why they did it, and the consequences involved with doing it. Lil' Mouse is really just aimlessly rapping about robbing, killing, etc without any regard for anything. So......what exactly is there not to understand as to what the difference is?

Last edited:
Good lord Wavy, I think he was pretty much saying you're taking everything extremely literal. Is there a double standard? Sure, but it's also one that's understood.
SHWAP wasn't saying that the older rappers get a pass for "explaining why they're killing and robbing", cause that's not what it actually is. Those rappers mentioned before have all rapped about what they did, why they did it, and the consequences involved with doing it. Lil' Mouse is really just aimlessly rapping about robbing, killing, etc without any regard for anything. So......what exactly is there not to understand as to what the difference is?

I know what he said. And I didn't disagree with it so what exactly do you think you're drawing out for me right now?

I just said that doesn't excuse the glorification.

At the end of the day...I just find it hilarious how dudes don't think twice of how damaging the music is when it's done by someone they listen to and support...or just appreciate from an artistic standpoint...but on the flip side Lil Mouse raps about some 30 clips and now all of a sudden dudes wanna turn into social activists.

I'm just wondering why here on NikeTalk...ya'll aren't that moved to discuss music and it's influence when it's dealing with other artists. Ya'll are being taken aback by these Chicago kids like this **** is new or something but I bet half of ya'll arguing got Flockavelli on your iPods as if these SAME kids weren't being influenced by that type of music.

Who ya'll think these kids grew up on? Where ya'll think that influence is coming from? It's one big *** cycle.

You don't find it odd...that if Lil Mouse was 19...we likely wouldn't be having this discussion right now?

Last edited:
It's been like this and it's going to be like this as long as you have babies having and raising babies.  The music has a negative affect to a certain degree.  It's the buster *** wanna be suckers that have had fairly decent childhoods who are influenced by the music.  But those types aren't a real threat like these lil ni**as making the music that were doomed since birth.

As long as you have immature teenage and addict parents this type of thing will live on.  There are young adults and old ones too that will give a 7yr old a gun , and raise them up to absolutely despise the other side just because.  The homies bother is a pimp and was getting him sucked off at 9.  Living in LA in the late 80's and early 90"s I can tell you that there is much worst then you would like to believe going on..

Last edited:
Not directly related to the thread but still

Back
Top Bottom