Let's take a look back on Cam's comeback, Crime Pays

i liked the album.. i'd give it a 7.5/10.. if he cut a some of the fat off and made it like a 16 track album it woulda been waaaay better,

Cam didn't spit one weak verse on this album..

But the production on this album is mediocre at best...Strange because Cam usually competes with the beat or else it'll outshine him..But on this joint Camcould've farted for 70 minutes and you'd still be like "Cam came correct but this beat is just awful"

you don't need a producer budget to make something dope.. that's no excuse. currensy probably had pennies to work with on "this ain't nomixtape" and did a much better job than this. cam is on somewhat of a major label (asylum) and somehow dropped a SoundClick album, mixing and productionwise. stick a fork in this guy.

edit: and he's cam'ron, at that. i know a BUNCH of unknown dudes with dope beats who would jump at the opportunity to get on a cam album for little tono money. cam's an idiot.

Originally Posted by BoutMyMoney333

Bosses of all bosses >>>>>>Crime pays easily. Where BOAB2 at?
nerd.gif

Yeah....dude needs those Rocafella/Hitmakerz beats fa'sheez....(forgive me for saying that)

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

I love this album, never understood the hate it got...still bump it every week

then BOAB was even better.

killa can do no wrong

discography is appreciated

Originally Posted by jpap348

Album was decent...toss up between Killa Season for Cam's weakest album

Killa Season is in another dimension compared to "Crime Pays" ...

This was straight traaaaaash...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

you don't need a producer budget to make something dope.. that's no excuse. currensy probably had pennies to work with on "this ain't no mixtape" and did a much better job than this. cam is on somewhat of a major label (asylum) and somehow dropped a SoundClick album, mixing and production wise. stick a fork in this guy.

edit: and he's cam'ron, at that. i know a BUNCH of unknown dudes with dope beats who would jump at the opportunity to get on a cam album for little to no money. an idiot. cam's
No. And no. I know he was just trying to put his people on with the production. They just arn't at that level yet. And stick a fork in thisguy? Man..this is the only time i'm going to acknowledge a comment made by you because you just come into cam threads to hate.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

cam blew it with this album....he had da best setup from any of da rappers last year...his buzz was LOUDER then drakes at da time without putting any music

out. if i was killa i would've dropped boss of all bosses first and then run da gambit wit mad features and have da industry straight up starving like lil wayne did

wit da carter III....
I cosign what you be saying but you lost me with this one my dude
laugh.gif

dont believe the hype. Cam does have the bread and connects to get at producers but he rather spend pennies on some up & comer who just wants to work.

PLUS him and Dipset did a lot of dirt to some of your favorite producers through their history, thats why they dont even holla at this ___ no more with music.

Cam did his thing on this Cd....
pimp.gif

U know i think alil Diferent outside the Box..Woo Hoo
roll.gif

in my top 5 of this year cam made a waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy better album than jimmy and to me that mattered the most
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

in my top 5 of this year cam made a waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy better album than jimmy and to me that mattered the most
and sold more too

Originally Posted by Futuristic

It was hard to get through, and hell yes I was disappointed. Cam is in my top 5, but he's pretty much useless when the production isn't good.

Btw, I think Killa Season was a pretty underrated effort.

Back
Top Bottom