Let's make everything about RACE (Unapologetically Black Thread)

*Looks at census believed to be inadequate, sees white or black, looks at black skin... "uh if I must, I guess i'll choose white, don't know why they make us do this"

I just want to invite those of you of the MODEL MINORITY to come in here with an open mind, not the brainwashed version of yourselves, simply so that you can learn about the people that you are trying to imitate, and then kissing UP to.

How much you wanna bet they would not want to be called Black either?

@ninjahood
Most Latinos in my area are Mestizos so I can't speak darker Latinos(Moreno). In regards to the Latinos I know, they rather just have a choice of putting Latino/Hispanic without marking "white" under "race".

Most Latinos in my area are Mestizos so I can't speak darker Latinos(Moreno). In regards to the Latinos I know, they rather just have a choice of putting Latino/Hispanic without marking "white" under "race".
This thing is, there is white and Black in the latino communities. As you've stated, Moreno. Just when it is translated to english, the opposite of moreno is white, the lighter complexion.

part of me thinks this is more of a regional thing. the latinos in the bay/cali from experiences of danikerhino & mines just claim being latino.

I just want to invite those of you of the MODEL MINORITY to come in here with an open mind, not the brainwashed version of yourselves, simply so that you can learn about the people that you are trying to imitate, and then kissing UP to.
Who do you refer to as the 'model minority'?

Who do you refer to as the 'model minority'?
I am not talking about Black people. We were not allowed to become a model anything. Check the first page on who got what in regard to land and freedom in america, and then why.

I am not talking about Black people. We were not allowed to become a model anything. Check the first page on who got what in regard to land and freedom in america, and then why.
Yes, clearly you're not referring to Black people. If you're referring to segregation and the idea that it was "a choice". Yes, I am aware that it was not a choice.

Since you mentioned Model Minority, I figured you were referring to a specific minority ethnic group.

Yes, clearly you're not referring to Black people. If you're referring to segregation and the idea that it was "a choice". Yes, I am aware that it was not a choice.

Since you mentioned Model Minority, I figured you were referring to a specific minority ethnic group.
If I have stated that I am not talking about Black people, then I must be talking about everyone else, all that were greeted by the Statue Of Liberty and then other forms by having a CHOICE in the matter.

The model minority are any of those that have opportunity to live with at least a modicum of white privilege, just as long as they refuse to identify with the oppressive circumstance of being Black.

If I have stated that I am not talking about Black people, then I must be talking about everyone else, all that were greeted by the Statue Of Liberty and then other forms by having a CHOICE in the matter.

The model minority are any of those that have opportunity to live with at least a modicum of white privilege, just as long as they refuse to identify with the oppressive circumstance of being Black.
Ahh, ok.

This thing is, there is white and Black in the latino communities. As you've stated, Moreno. Just when it is translated to english, the opposite of moreno is white, the lighter complexion.
That's I why I made a distinction between "Mestizo" (lighter complexion) and "Moreno"(darker complexion) to clarify that I grew up with the former and not the latter.

i’m japanese but born and raised in hawaii. it’s a little different here so i never grew up wanting to be white. where i’m from, white people are the minority. where i’m from, we had kill haole day where locals would beat up white kids they didn’t like (they don’t do that anymore - now it’s a hate crime).

20429623_1588469611224200_6737842592012786168_n.jpg

Lol @ wanting to be Mexican (I am Mexican btw)

"According to reports, an assistant professor at Furman University has resigned after she was accused of faking her heritage. An anonymous letter was shared on Medium on Wednesday accusing Kelly Kean Sharp of lying about being a "Chicana." However, the person behind the post is someone who has "distantly known" Sharp, and says her genealogical records indicate neither set of grandparents were “born outside of the US or had Hispanic names.”

Sharp has since deleted her Twitter account following her resignation. Prior to the controversy, Sharp's Twitter bio read, “#Chicana Asst prof of African American history at @FurmanU.” The university confirmed the resignation on Thursday: “All I can say is that we are disappointed to have learned of these allegations, [...] We expect members of our community to be honest in the way they represent themselves to others.”

This story adds to a growing list of academics who have resigned from their tenured or tenure-track positions due to lying about their racial identities for professional gain."

video-266746.jpg

video_image-482982.jpg

This thread, didn't know it existed, but I'm tuned in.
I'm currently listening to American Rule: How a Nation Conquered the World but Failed Its People. I'm still in the early chapters but it pretty much expounds on Jefferson being told to remove ending slavery out of the Declaration of Independence and how James Madison made changes to the Constitution before the Philadelphia Convention to pretty much give the south the rights they wanted. So we people say the Founding Fathers wouldn't like XYZ, they laid the foundations for it, that's why it's so natural when racial atrocities happen in this country.

Watched a great PBS documentary last night called Exhumed

It's about the history of zombies and zombie films but it ties everything back to racism and the racist depictions of Voodoo and other traditional religions

It might be on Amazon Prime as well

Monstrum | Exhumed: A History of Zombies | PBS https://www.pbs.org/video/exhumed-a-history-of-zombies-ovvtqc/

In this new one-hour Halloween PBS special, Dr. Emily Zarka will deconstruct some of the most significant moments in zombie popular culture over the last two centuries to reveal what these creatures say about us.

D deleted

Thanks for this,

It was good. Most of those older films I hadn't heard about but it doesn't surprise me they used them as tools of misinformation. (That is what we do here).

I liked that they gave the breakdown of VooDoo vs. VoDou.

Also liked how they spoke on how most people have a negative opinion on it and how it has been portrayed to most of us.

I just had a convo with someone recently about this so I will share it with them too.

Monstrum | Exhumed: A History of Zombies | PBS https://www.pbs.org/video/exhumed-a-history-of-zombies-ovvtqc/

In this new one-hour Halloween PBS special, Dr. Emily Zarka will deconstruct some of the most significant moments in zombie popular culture over the last two centuries to reveal what these creatures say about us.

I know KHUFU KHUFU will love this visual :lol:

Screenshot (270).png

Last edited:
D deleted

Thanks for this,

It was good. Most of those older films I hadn't heard about but it doesn't surprise me they used them as tools of misinformation. (That is what we do here).

I liked that they gave the breakdown of VooDoo vs. VoDou.

Also liked how they spoke on how most people have a negative opinion on it and how it has been portrayed to most of us.

I just had a convo with someone recently about this so I will share it with them too.

I know KHUFU KHUFU will love this visual :lol:

Screenshot (270).png
It's time to reclaim what's rightfully ours, because these mofo's want it badly.

Back
Top Bottom