let this thread die (NYK)

ohnoes.gif

I don't see how this is on Melo.

Lin couldn't get through screens and the team as a whole didn't defend the three point line. Shump woulda made a Difference.

melo doesnt play defense, doesnt get rebounds, he's an iso player. This team would be alot better with Dwight Howard than 'Melo. Melo peaked at Syracuse.

Where were the pick and rolls? They ran it almost every time last game. Even Marion said in his postgame comments it felt like he ran through a thousand pick and rolls. The offense thrives on it... where was it tonight??

we play better without melo were a much slower team with him on da court amare is way off to i rather see linlin shot before amare we went on a 9 game losing streak with amare n melo wen lin came in n we didnt have melo we won8 n lost 1

There will probably be a bit more feeling out done in the Hawks game but I expect they play much better and come out with a W. Also think they will pull out a W against the Heat.

^exactly... its not like melo was chuckin all game and not passing... if anything he was passive... i think the defense and rebounding killed the knicks... not having shump to stop deron played a huge role also

Originally Posted by zapatito007

we play better without melo were a much slower team with him on da court amare is way off to i rather see linlin shot before amare we went on a 9 game losing streak with amare n melo wen lin came in n we didnt have melo we won8 n lost 1

I see the experts are out tonight.
pimp.gif

Wednesday will be that much better. 
devil.gif

Got tickets again for sale for Wed. vs Hawks. Just asking for $20+ what I paid. brownsuga1 came through yesterday.
glasses.gif

Yo I swear some of ya'll are some of the most impetuous, irrational, and illogical fans I've ever seen. Isht is embarrassing. "WE NEED A BOARD"

He said Melo peaked at Cuse though
roll.gif

I'm not really even upset at this L. BDiddy and Melo are healthy, Melo was obv rusty, missed a lot of shots inside the paint, and the Nets weren't missing from 3. Gotta regroup watch some tape and move on. I'm not blaming Melo...yet.

Melo didn't play well. Melo messed up the chemistry by coming back.  Those are facts.  I mean he had to comeback but it did mess up the flow.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Melo didn't play well. Melo messed up the chemistry by coming back.  Those are facts.  I mean he had to comeback but it did mess up the flow.

How are those facts?

The whole offense was out of whack, even when Melo was on the bench. I don't see how it was Melo that messed up the flow of the offense.

Originally Posted by Curious24

melo doesnt play defense, doesnt get rebounds, he's an iso player. This team would be alot better with Dwight Howard than 'Melo. Melo peaked at Syracuse.
1314511359162.gif

and missing FTs, missing good looks on offense and giving good looks on defense doesnt help you to win a game. 

and the offense just looked lost out there. it seemed like they didnt really have a feel for each other yet. pause. 

they looked confused in what they wanted to do for the first 15-18 seconds, then started the play with little to no time on the shotclock...

granted, this was off a back-to-back, with basically a new squad and and a different rotation. we got ATL/MIA on a back-to-back this Wed/Thurs. hopefully we dont come out weak against the Heat. 

i just hate it that we couldve been over .500, but oh well. next game. and in the words of Dantoni, lets go, lets go, lets go.

Don't confuse "Melo didnt play well" and "Melo ruined the flow of the offense".

One can occur without the other.

I'm not even that mad about this loss.
-Melo's first game back,
-Baron Davis first game in MONTHS,
-Chandler probably shouldn't have been playing,
-Lin is gassed. (Especially with it being a back to back, the schedule entirely has messed up A LOT of basketball in general)
-J.R. Smith playing again without any plays being ran while he's on the court, because they haven't practiced,
-Deron Williams deciding he wanted to play tonight and show why he's still top 3 PG in the L,
-No Shump. (Would have been BIG against DWill)

What's the word on Harrellson ?

Why were worst with melo? Hmm where to begin first of all it seems when melo gets the ball his mindset is ok I'm gonna get us a bucket now which is cool but he gets our other 4 players on the floor out of sync mainly fields. Today Lin deferred too much to melo and it took him off his normal aggressive self. Now it's only one game so there is no need to panic but I guarantee you people this will not work out with melo and a month from now I will say I told u so

Originally Posted by rashi

You Knick fans are bugging holding a team to 39% shooting percentage will get it done 8/10 nights. DWill shot the lights out.
Half of these dudes spouting off nonsense aren't even Knicks fans while the other half... well, they might just be slightly ******ed.
Originally Posted by RavageBX

Yo I swear some of ya'll are some of the most impetuous, irrational, and illogical fans I've ever seen. Isht is embarrassing. "WE NEED A BOARD"
TOO MANY BIG WORDS DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING MELO SUX LOLOLOL
Spoiler [+]
It's obvious to differentiate between who actually knows the game and who are akin to females with their overemotional reactionary *$%%+%%@.

Back
Top Bottom