let this thread die (NYK)

the 6th seed would be nice... but if we can't get it, I think i'd rather face the Bulls at 8th then the head at 7th...

Just came from the auto show. Thank gawd for the win.

I don't even know what I want anymore as far as playoff matchups go.
A few days ago we wanted Chicago, now we want the Heat. Then I'm hearing Indiana too.

Im a little scared of letting Amare back in the rotation and messing up the flow. Same with Lin. I think we should sit out Lin till next season.
At least amare can get rid of some rust in the season.
Also, we have to improve on the road. 11-18 is NOT going to work. We have the worst road record by FAR for any of the top 9 teams... In the playoffs if we are going to do ANYTHING, we have to win on the road and to beat any of those teams on the road in the playoffs, we have to step it up from now. 

47! 47! 47!
smokin.gif

Bring on the Heat...but what are the odds they take their foot off the gas, Sunday?
I'd wanna play the Magic instead of us...

I'd rather work Amare in.

In the playoffs you need size and rebounding and he was more active since MDA got fired especially in playing closer to the basket instead of hanging by the three point line and grabbing boards. Then on offense you can use hi. As a decoy or on P&R plays for Melo

Woodson seems to know how to adjust on the fly so I'll trust him as far as Amare goes.

Lin I'd hold off......the slower pace of the playoffs would expose him even more...if he plays Miami, you saw what happened last time...Chicago as a team would know his weaknesses, so if he beats Rose,CJ or Lucas off the dribble Noah and Deng are there to trap him...not to mention he doesn't keep his dribble and gets trapped...you don't need that in the playoffs.

Me personally, I'm worried about Landry Fields not showing up.....Shump has been stellar, JR and Novak, but something about Landry doesn't sit right with me....even thoughwe did put him at the 3, I don't see it. Then the pace f the playoffs isn't his type of game.

Landry might need to stick to driving to the rack. And stay the hell away from shooting jump shots. ALL them joints look like they not gonna go in.
At least he's semi decent at finishing around the rim.

Just cut to the basket and finish. No dribbling, no shooting, just slashing catching and finishing @ the rim.

Gonna be at the game on Sunday
pimp.gif
Since I was gifted these tickets, I'll try not to be mad if the Knicks lose. Like our chances since MIA has been in a slump though. Seems they'll only start being serious when the playoffs start.

I'm not worried about STAT's return. PPL forget he was thriving at the 5 spot. I hope Woodson tries him at the 5 and Melo at the 4 when he gives Tyson rest at times.

As far as playoffs, I want the Pacers bad. I just want them to lose so badly. Might be more of a reachable goal with ORL not having Dwight for the foreseeable future. If that doesn't go down I'm good with Chi.

Great win tonight.

I've been saying since earlier this season, Amare is better at the 5, the same way Melo is too fast for the 4's.

With Orlando slipping now, I want us to get that 6th seed. I like our chances against the Pacers. Like I said earlier, we just need some confidence going into the second round. When the Knicks are clicking and on top of their game--we're impossible to beat. Too many shooters, weapons and finishers around the basket. If we see Miami or Chicago in the second round I like our chances. But if we face them in the first--we're looking at a long hard 5-7 game series.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

With Orlando slipping now, I want us to get that 6th seed. I like our chances against the Pacers. Like I said earlier, we just need some confidence going into the second round. When the Knicks are clicking and on top of their game--we're impossible to beat. Too many shooters, weapons and finishers around the basket. If we see Miami or Chicago in the second round I like our chances. But if we face them in the first--we're looking at a long hard 5-7 game series.

We would basically need to win out the rest of the season. I to would love that 6th seed, The Pacers would be in for it.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

We would basically need to win out the rest of the season. I to would love that 6th seed, The Pacers would be in for it.
We're only 3 games out of the 6th seed. Dwight is out for the rest of the regular season. I don't see Orlando winning 4 out their 7 games. They have Clev, Philly, Boston, Utah, Denver, Charlotte and Memphis left. Orlando might go 2-5 in their next 7. We just need to win 4 out of 7 and we own the tie breaker for the 6th seed. 
But with the way Boston has been playing they could move up to the 3rd seed. That's one team I do NOT want to see. 

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

We're only 3 games out of the 6th seed. Dwight is out for the rest of the regular season. I don't see Orlando winning 4 out their 7 games. They have Clev, Philly, Boston, Utah, Denver, Charlotte and Memphis left. Orlando might go 2-5 in their next 7. We just need to win 4 out of 7 and we own the tie breaker for the 6th seed. 
But with the way Boston has been playing they could move up to the 3rd seed. That's one team I do NOT want to see. 

Idk idt boston is catching indiana unless the pacers just completely stop playing and just lose all their games, but then again boston has a favorable schedule...so you never know.Imo i guess we could catch the 6th seed but yall forgetting philly they have orlando and indiana coming up..they go 1-1 and we lose sunday and tuesday were gnna be right back 8th.

Philly is more worried about the Bucks than we are at this point. Have you seen them play this past week? I don't wanna say Doug has lost the team but some changes he made in rotation hasn't been working along with the team's overall focus. To say they've come back to Earth after their start this season would be an understatement.

Fully expect Orlando to collapse

The rest of their schedule aside from the Bobcats is tough especially with Howard out.

Anyways, going to my first game at MSG on Sunday
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

so I met Jorts yesterday in MSG.

Was he nice? I got a picture with him last season at the end of a game, he did not want to take that picture
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

what's the story on Shump?
edit: nevermind

@I_Am_Iman: I'll be ready to go vs Miami #NYKAllday we outchea
ESPN said he was questionable.  Last I heard Lin and Amare both said they were going to play the next game before they were shut down... Hope shump plays

Back
Top Bottom