let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Did this dude just say Woodson is boring? To me this guy Woodson has done more than any other coach not named pat Riley or van gundy in his short tenure here
^ Yes I did say he was boring. Did you pay attention to the Hawks at all while he coached them? Eventually they stopped listening to him. He had Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Teague, Marvin Williams etc, he had lots of young talent, yet always ended up in the 4-5 spot in the east which is always bad. It's good enough to make the playoffs but not significant enough to get better players through the draft. Eventually they tuned him out. Remember those exciting 4/5 match ups the Hawks had against Orlando in the first round those years in the playoffs? Exactly, nobody cared about that match up
laugh.gif
Let's casually forget the Celtics/Hawks match-up that went 7 games. Boston won the chip that year.

After that year they made it to the 2nd round 2 years in a row. They got swept both times. I''l just mention that before you try to.

and at this point IMO this Knick roster > those Hawks rosters.

Close game going into the half on that Celtics vs Bucks game. 

Hoping Celtics can pull this one out so Bucks can get off our ***.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I reported beh235 like I do all the trolls.

Pringles quit he didn't get fired, Woodson coached the Hawks to a better record every year he was there. What does boring coach mean anyway? Hes a defensive coach and we're still running an offense similar to Pringles. Couldn't care less what you think about the Melo and Amar'e tandem or if Melo should be traded.

I mean look at you asking what keeps Knicks fans going. That's the clear difference between you and us. You use to be a fan. Stay that way and mind your own. Go pick up a hobby or something son.

You using the Clippers to prove a point and they not even playing well right now.
^ You missed my point, it wasn't about how they are playing not at this minute, I'm talking how they flow period. Win or lose. When they play, they don't seem static. FWIW, the Clippers are the 5 seed in the west right now.
roll.gif
@ ATG catching feelings. Relax man, I understand being a Knick fan is hard living. Also, the term is USED to, not USE to. Ty.

Let's casually forget the Celtics/Hawks match-up that went 7 games. Boston won the chip that year.

After that year they made it to the 2nd round 2 years in a row. They got swept both times. I''l just mention that before you try to.

You are referring to '09 and '10. Yeah when the Hawks got swept both years they tuned out Woodson. Do you even remember that last sweep in '10 against Orlando. Those dudes were taking wild shots and not caring at all. The first and third games of that series against Orlando, they got blown out, their effort wasn't there. They quit on the coach, not because they were bad, but because they tuned him out. That's what got Woodson canned in ATL. He can be good but to a certain point, especially knowing Carmelo's temperment. He won't last long, so why not get rid of him before it gets out of hand?

The talent on this team is much better than that team and at this point fourth to fifth seed is fine by me
smile.gif

^ I agree, but talent alone can't do it. They have to improve the chemistry. With JR Smith in the fold, I dunno. He's a known knucklehead.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

We could smack the Heat. Guarantee JR goons up and Amare drops 30.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And ya'll call me a troll.

Congrats on the turnaround guys. Even I though I like our chances against you guys, but it could be a good 6(maybe even 7 games) game series, which would wear our team down a bit.

It'll be interesting to see how the standings play out, I'll keep my eye on ya'll. 
laugh.gif

You using the Clippers to prove a point and they not even playing well right now.
^ You missed my point, it wasn't about how they are playing not at this minute, I'm talking how they flow period. Win or lose. When they play, they don't seem static. FWIW, the Clippers are the 5 seed in the west right now.
roll.gif
@ ATG catching feelings. Relax man, I understand being a Knick fan is hard living. Also, the term is USED to, not USE to. Ty.
So it doesn't matter if you win or lose as long as it flows ?

laugh.gif

Just for fun. Clippers are 6-12 their last 18. 

Originally Posted by d5

Close game going into the half on that Celtics vs Bucks game. 

Hoping Celtics can pull this one out so Bucks can get off our ***.

I would rather see the Bucks win this game. If you win the division--You're guaranteed a top 4 seed. 

Cosmic canon deadass switched sides tho lulz. Melo and Amare have looked more comfortable together in these 5 games under woodson then they ever did under dantoni . The spacing is way better and so is the ball movement. If both of their jumpers werent off dudes would be scoring 20+ every game.

You are referring to '09 and '10. Yeah when the Hawks got swept both years they tuned out Woodson. Do you even remember that last sweep in '10 against Orlando. Those dudes were taking wild shots and not caring at all. The first and third games of that series against Orlando, they got blown out, their effort wasn't there. They quit on the coach, not because they were bad, but because they tuned him out. That's what got Woodson canned in ATL. He can be good but to a certain point, especially knowing Carmelo's temperment. He won't last long, so why not get rid of him before it gets out of hand?
Alright, so they tuned him out and got swept. I don't see what you trying to say.

You're not saying Mike Woodson was out coached. Made bad decisions in-game. Had bad rotations. etc.

You're saying a talented team tuned him out and got swept.

Doesn't make Woodson sound bad to me. I can understand that you think he will lose the Knicks soon too, but what's the basis?

The Knicks are obviously responding to his approach at the moment and it's equaling W's.

Even if Woodson isn't perfect, the pool for coaches in the off-season is barren, so this is a non-story.

Alright, so they tuned him out and got swept. I don't see what you trying to say.

You're not saying Mike Woodson was out coached. Made bad decisions in-game. Had bad rotations. etc.

You're saying a talented team tuned him out and got swept.

Doesn't make Woodson sound bad to me. I can understand that you think he will lose the Knicks soon too, but what's the basis?

The Knicks are obviously responding to his approach at the moment and it's equaling W's.
^ Maybe they won't. BUT, sometimes when there's a coaching change, a team surges simply because it's a new voice coaching them. Yes the Knicks have won 5 in a row, that's good, but look at the schedule. It was a soft schedule. They are listening to a different voice for now, but I think it has a ceiling, especially knowing Carmelo's attitude. He pissed off George Karl in Denver, that's pretty hard to do and Karl is a damn good coach. He's better than Woodson and D'antoni imo. I think the attitude on this team will be on Melo. If he stops whining and sucks it up, then there's infinite hope, but I have a feeling once things don't go HIS way exactly, all hell will break loose. As far as Woodson, his offense in ATL was bland, Joe Johnson eventually going one on one in iso's is not gonna get it. He never put a stop to that nonsense despite having other capable players in that offense. When things go sideways #7 will be chucking up shots. That's if they keep Woodson as head coach. It's hard expressing all this on a message board. I swear I'm not a troll, just trying to be a rational voice of reason. That's all.

I'm not trolling, but I'm curious as to what keeps Knick fans going? 'Melo is talented, I grant you that, but what has he done in his NBA career to make you think  he can win it with Amar'e? Same goes for Amar'e as well. Carmelo is a baby when he doesn't get his way, he proved that last season and it's reared it's head this season. That being said, I think the Knicks will get bumped if they make the playoffs.

Cliffs for lazy readers:

-Woodson is a boring coach, he needs to go (Hawks got NOWHERE with him)
-'Melo and Amar'e combo WILL NOT work
-I knew D'antoni would eventually be fired due to personnel being bad
-'Melo deserves to be traded, but somehow I think Amar'e will be moved first, if he can't be moved, they both play out their contracts in NY and the furthest they go is to the 2nd round.

I'm not here to troll. Hell, I was a Knick fan, I just couldn't take it anymore (8 points, 16 seconds, "The Finger Roll", The Bulls, Charles "can't make a layup" Smith, Game 7 in '94
sick.gif
 and the grand finale.... The Dolan family.)

33csod5.gif

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

I'm not trolling, but I'm curious as to what keeps Knick fans going? 'Melo is talented, I grant you that, but what has he done in his NBA career to make you think  he can win it with Amar'e? Same goes for Amar'e as well. Carmelo is a baby when he doesn't get his way, he proved that last season and it's reared it's head this season. That being said, I think the Knicks will get bumped if they make the playoffs.

Cliffs for lazy readers:

-'Melo deserves to be traded, but somehow I think Amar'e will be moved first, if he can't be moved, they both play out their contracts in NY and the furthest they go is to the 2nd round.

I'm not here to troll. Hell, I was a Knick fan, I just couldn't take it anymore (8 points, 16 seconds, "The Finger Roll", The Bulls, Charles "can't make a layup" Smith, Game 7 in '94
sick.gif

33csod5.gif
^ Gabe, I'm not a troll. Spectacular23, you work on 5 right? I can't figure out who you are
laugh.gif
. I got a lot of hate from stating an opinion, but oh well, it is what it is. Be a fan, but keep it in perspective man
30t6p3b.gif
. It's only sports.

Cliffs for lazy readers:

sick.gif

33csod5.gif

laugh.gif
I just noticed that son's cliff notes are longer then his actual post.

Cliffs for lazy readers:

sick.gif

33csod5.gif
^ Gabe, I'm not a troll. Spectacular23, you work on 5 right? I can't figure out who you are
laugh.gif
. I got a lot of hate from stating an opinion, but oh well, it is what it is. Be a fan, but keep it in perspective man
30t6p3b.gif
. It's only sports.

huh?

honestly i just wanted to use that gif and saw the chance here
laugh.gif

wait... yall really be snitching up in here? 
nerd.gif

anyways melo and tyson be killing my fantasy team playing team ball
laugh.gif

Spectacular, if I'm not mistaken you did mention you work at NTNY in the galaxy thread correct? Unless I read that wrong of course.

Back
Top Bottom