let this thread die (NYK)

Hey I just thought that tweet was focusing on that being a good thing. Not pointing out a negative that they aren't all sad after losing. It's not like this is the playoffs or the Knicks are on a huge losing streak. I felt it was pointing to the team coming together even more with their camaraderie and what not.

Here's the full quote:
#Knicks were hardly sullen after Celtics overtime loss. Lots of joking around and loud voices. Carmelo Anthony, who missed potential game-winner in final seconds and petered out in overtime, summed it up. "Games like that are fun. It's more exciting and more of a thrill if we won the game. But it happens and we move on.’’ To Dallas.

Anyway, most thing I was worried about during this road trip was Texas possibly running the train on us on a back to back. Hopefully we split.

Knowing the Knicks and Pierce.. they would have tried to foul and he would have still gotten a shot up.

Probably would have made it too.

We lost because we switch everything and turnovers. I thought we were done with the ******ed amount of switching but I guess not. Woodson needs to realize this isnt the hawks where the players from 2-5 are long and athletic so they don't get exposed as much when they switch.

I agree..The constant switching is ridiculous. How many times can you switch and have Lin covering the other team's Power Forward? Then Shump gets fouls called on him because he gets forced to switch on a bigger player..Without the switching, he saves some of those fouls..Same goes for Carmelo..he had a few fouls called on him today that were the result of him switching on a player he didn't match up well against. And that foul trouble had him on the bench when the Knicks offense was struggling

And I don't get why Melo wasnt on Pierce at all at the end of the 4th. He's not a good defender but when it counts he's shown he can step up in the clutch defensively as well.

He was on Pierce and then they switched. He switched with Shump twice, the 3pt shot sticks out.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

We lost because we switch everything and turnovers. I thought we were done with the ******ed amount of switching but I guess not. Woodson needs to realize this isnt the hawks where the players from 2-5 are long and athletic so they don't get exposed as much when they switch.
Good point, this is not really an interchangeable roster where you can utilize that unless you play small with Amare at the 5 and bump Melo up to the 4 (which I wouldn't mind seeing once in a while depending on the match up..might get Amare going a little) 

Stat definitely wasn't back to his old self but i definitely saw things I liked on the offensive end.
Defense still needs some desperate help.
I think he needed to be fed the ball a little more in the second half though.

Just kills me that even WITH the amount of turnovers and Rondo's stat line we had the opportunity to win that game.

What's D'antoni's reason for not fouling? Because we don't do that? We're going with that answer?
grin.gif
Give me a break.

Originally Posted by S4L3

Whine, whine, whine about the refs...

Yeah, I gotta call a spade a spade. No comments about Amar'e's goaltending that cost the C's 2 points.
nerd.gif

MUg4q.gif

Man...got so damn hyped when Melo went on his run....screaming at the TV...dumb %#%@@ he's gonna shoot a 3.
Why you got a SG on him?? Welp. It ain't good enough.

And please...please...dead this MDA is good enough speak.

how come when we got the rebound with 18 seconds left in the 4th we called a timeout? when melo got the rebound nobody was around him and if the fouled melo he would've went to the free throw line??

Originally Posted by kevi

how come when we got the rebound with 18 seconds left in the 4th we called a timeout? when melo got the rebound nobody was around him and if the fouled melo he would've went to the free throw line??
Found that odd as well.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by kevi

Found that odd as well.

I was going nuts about this, if they botched the inbounds pass dantoni woul look like an even bigger clown

Good looks to who ever posted this shirt about a week ago. I think it was Los... 
nerd.gif

Mines just came in. Wearing it for the Pacers game.
devil.gif

There were lots of things that occurred today which killed us but IMO, just another Pringles.

Not that I want to be right here but time after time, dude proves how poor of a coach he is, period. Anyone catch late in the game Melo looked towards the bench with the @#@ face? All I could do is laugh.

Heard Ian O'Conner early this morning on 1050, and let me preface what I'm about to say by stating, love Lin (except when he plays Miami & Boston
laugh.gif
) and love his story..BUT let's say at seasons end he tells Dolan I'm following Pringles wherever his next job is bc of the opportunity he gave me and I'm gonna be loyal....million dollar question right there...

I never understood why coaches in general do not foul more often when the team is up 3, let alone with the Celtics had zero timeouts remaining.

Celtics shot the ball with 8-10 seconds left, they had many chances to intentionally foul to make them shoot 2 free throws, and they'd have to run the length of the court to score again.

Yeah I did but I didn't wanna complain about not getting the credit
laugh.gif

Did you get your shirt from when I posted the link the first time? I wanna pull the trigger but I never got anything from that brand before so I'm on the fence..How does it fit?

Back
Top Bottom