let this thread die (NYK)

I hope so.

STAT playing like an all-star top 5 pf that he was makes this team the threat we're suppose to be. I've been hopeful but son has been horrible the majority of the season, by far the most disappointing. He's been pretty lucky since ppl have been blaming everything on Melo.

Would love for us to end up being the 6th seed.

Well if there ever a time he needed to get his rhythm back, it's NOW. Especially since they have one of the toughest schedules for the remainder of the season.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I hope so.

STAT playing like an all-star top 5 pf that he was makes this team the threat we're suppose to be. I've been hopeful but son has been horrible the majority of the season, by far the most disappointing. He's been pretty lucky since ppl have been blaming everything on Melo.

6th?  I think we have a shot at the 3rd or 4th if we can overtake Philly and hold off boston.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

I hope so.

6th?  I think we have a shot at the 3rd or 4th if we can overtake Philly and hold off boston.
I said 6th cuz we'd be matched up with Indy or Philly in the first round and I feel that's favorable for us but looking at the standings if we manged another lengthy winning streak we could get there. Not out of the realm of possibility, the 4 teams ahead of us are not elite or on solid runs at the moment.

Things obviously change if Dwight gets traded.

I hope so.

I said 6th cuz we'd be matched up with Indy or Philly in the first round and I feel that's favorable for us but looking at the standings if we manged another lengthy winning streak we could get there. Not out of the realm of possibility, the 4 teams ahead of us are not elite or on solid runs at the moment.

Nets will win the championship!

So our $100 million dollar man didn't play basketball for 6 months. Great. Glad he's committing himself.What a joke. He better go super hard this 2nd half, Melo as well (39% from the field).

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

So our $100 million dollar man didn't play basketball for 6 months

And couldn't do any basketball related activity BUT was able to put on "15 pounds of muscle" lifting ?
laugh.gif

put 15 pounds of muscle building up his back muscles to prevent them from reinjuring...

what is wrong with you guys?

Originally Posted by MrONegative

put 15 pounds of muscle building up his back muscles to prevent them from reinjuring...

What's wrong? Really bro? You don't see where our issue is coming from? $100 Million Dollars. Repeat it a couple times.Im disappointed in Stat, I don't know if I can just sit here and act completelly content. Na, I can't.

Can't wait to see if the Amare of last year comes back... hopefully he'll play with a lot more intensity and actually TRY to play defense. I don't care if he's out there bricking his 15 foot jumpers or getting blocked with his weak layup attempts, but he needs to give a LOT more effort rebounding, boxing out and playing d. Inexcusable for a man getting paid 100 mil.

BTW, how did Amare really get injured last year? I read he messed around during the pre-game and !$@!@! up his back
laugh.gif
. Any truth to that?

laugh.gif
 ahhhh STAT.... don't know what to say...there's alot of ways to look at it but whatever
I dedicate this song to HTTB, I know you gotta remember this

especially the Don Chaney/Kurt Thomas line
laugh.gif
(Felt like listening to this again for some odd reason)

I REALLY wish he didn't hurt himself that pre game. I think he was trying to do some dunk. But I saw a lot of people calling him an idiot for hurting himself in warm ups showing off for the fans. But really, how many players show off for fans in pre-game? Most star players do.

I remember the previous game he beasted on the celtics. I was so down and disappoint when he couldn't play again .

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

laugh.gif
�ahhhh STAT.... �don't know what to say...there's alot of ways to look at it but whatever
I dedicate this song to HTTB, I know you gotta remember this

especially the Don Chaney/Kurt Thomas line�
laugh.gif
� (Felt like listening to this again for some odd reason)

eek.gif

Classic! Knew what it was before I clicked.
laugh.gif

Nets will win the championship!
laugh.gif

What I meant by that is if D12 is on the Nets that team might just end up out of the playoffs and if it's the LAL trade then they may remain where they're at or get a lil better.
Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by MrONegative

What's wrong? Really bro? You don't see where our issue is coming from? $100 Million Dollars. Repeat it a couple times.Im disappointed in Stat, I don't know if I can just sit here and act completelly content. Na, I can't.
Would you have preferred he played ball during those 6 months and then reinjure his back possibly keeping him from playing most of if not all of this season?

I could already see your posts about our $100 million player not being smart enough to rest his injured back costing the team his presence during the season.

You're not thinking this through at all. Not being rational or reasonable. You can be upset about the situation but don't get mad at STAT for having an injury and trying to be 100% healthy.

How did he get that STAT moniker? Is it because he was always worried about putting up STATS over playing defense?

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

How did he get that STAT moniker? Is it because he was always worried about putting up STATS over playing defense?
roll.gif
With this logic why would you exclude defensive stats?

STAT = Standing Tall And Talented. Allegedly his dad gave him the nickname before he died.

But dude, 6 months? Half a year not playing organized basketball? Was he that hurt? If he was that hurt then he's still hurt. If he can't play organized basketball I'd at least expect the dude to come into the season drilling his 15 foot jump shots. Their are other ways around this, he could have simply worked on his shot, come on. Where there'is a will, there's is a way. Lame excuses man.

Back
Top Bottom