let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by Henryflo91

chris palmer @ESPNChrisPalmer

Some Heat players have said privately they won't allow Jeremy Lin to score more than 10 points.

oh.
Maybe it's just me, but I will forever have in my mind the image of Lebron and DWade walking down the tunnel fake-coughing and mocking Dirk in the Finals.

I feel like they're such scumbags. I have a feeling it was DWade that said that, although obviously we don't know for sure.

Some Heat players have said privately they won't allow Jeremy Lin to score more than 10 points.

oh.

That would be a feat! Holding an undrafted 2nd year player (practically a rookie) to 10 points. High aspirations.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

oh.
Maybe it's just me, but I will forever have in my mind the image of Lebron and DWade walking down the tunnel fake-coughing and mocking Dirk in the Finals.

I feel like they're such scumbags. I have a feeling it was DWade that said that, although obviously we don't know for sure.

That cemented my feelings to hate them for as long as they play

Last 2 times that a team talked low key trash (Kobe frontin like he didn't hear about Lin in the media, and Terry saying he didn't buy into Lin's game) Lin came out and had big games. I don't expect any different tonight. What Lin usually does when he's being covered tight is he just drives to the basket constantly so he can just put his defender in foul trouble. If Lin is smart, he'll keep his dribble until Melo gets position, and dump it down to Melo and let him take advantage of his mismatch. If Melo starts off hot, LeBron will have no choice but to cover Melo.

X-Factor is Amar'e in my opinion. If JR's offense is off, he has shown he can make up for it defensively like he did last night. Novak will get his open looks. Baron should play pretty well since he played well against the Heat when he was on the Cavs. Tyson should do fine against Joel. Landry vs Wade is a big matchup but I don't really see how Landry wins this match up. So it's up to Amar'e to take advantage of Bosh being soft and just attack the rim

Lin is not who they should be worry about

I hope they double team him all night, leaving Melo, JR, Novak open for the kill

if they gameplan in trying to stop lin, melo and others will go off. jr and novak open 3s? they should make lin try and beat them and become a scorer in this game.

I have a feeling Miami will play very dirty tonight. They're gonna try and knock down Lin every chance they get
30t6p3b.gif

They're going to be aggressive with Lin on PNR's. He has to be strong with the ball and keep the TO's down. Or else they will capitalize every time.

But, LeBron is not guarding him until late, and even then it'll have been dependent on how Lin plays.

Please worry about Lin and give him the doubles. Perfect time for Melo to shake off the rest of the rust and just kill them if they gonna worry about Lin. Lin might go for a career high assists tonight on lobs alone if they think Joel is locking down Chandler or Amare (as bad as hes been I cant see Joel being able to guard him at all).

We matchup well with them because of our size. There is no way Bron gets to guard Lin with Melo on the floor. He may get a couple possesions but if they really think James Jones on Melo for the majority of the game is a good idea then I think they got another thing coming.

I was just watching JR Smith highlights against the Heat last year. Dude was pulling up from 3 on a fastbreak up by 20 with like 2 minutes left in the game. 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

oh.

That would be a feat! Holding an undrafted 2nd year player (practically a rookie) to 10 points. High aspirations.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

they BEEN pricks. Wade is just more low key with it.
mad about the media bombarding them last year and now you know they mad they "going under the radar" 
grin.gif

just be ready to go 8 on 5 tonight 
laugh.gif

That's the beauty of having Lin though. People WORRY about our PG. You think there was a game plan for Toney Douglas when he was a starter? They were probably like "Do this this and this..Oh and for Toney Douglas, just let him shoot" Now you got stars like LeBron saying they'll shut our PG down if he's having a good game. That makes life easier on guys like Melo because now the double team is off him and on someone else.

This kid JR is our most athletic swingman since Spreewell....

Great playing the passing lanes on those plays...

Amped for this game...hopefully the guys will step up. Our bench should have a good game.

Was at the game.
pimp.gif

Blowouts while in attendance tho.
ohwell.gif

That stretch when D'Antoni put Lin back in at the end.
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom