Let me introduce you to the 2nd best TE in the NFC (pic)....

"I think the first thing most guys buy is a new car. It's amazing to me how much young players will spend on automobiles. Bling is another popular item. I bought a Volvo. "
He might be a damn good tight end, but I don't think any current NFL player has ever made a comment that exposed their whiteness nearly thismuch.

Chris Cooley, you make me cover my face in shame for my fellow Caucasians.

Seriously. It sounds like something Chappelle would say as Chuck Taylor.

Originally Posted by la2az

image007.png

You 9ers are so fruity...

Originally Posted by unconditional Love77

Witten is 100x better than Cooley, whose official position isn't even TE according to the 'Skins, who say hes a "H-Back." or some @*$%%@@%. I put Witten at first, then i guess Cooley.

Out of curiosity, what makes Witten 100x better than Cooley?

Cooley is the #2 (IMO) TE in the NFC, but there isn't that big of a gap between him and Witten. In fact, some people would have them neck and neck, or asa push.....I'm just not seeing how Witten is 100x better....please explain

From my POV, having watched both of them plenty, I think he gets underrated because it seems like defenses don't bother to cover him.
For whatever reason: Him not being a burner, not the biggest threat....I don't know but they just don't cover him.

Because it seems if its not in the red zone he just runs that short crossing route and is always wide open. Take the game winner against Carolina, everyoneblitzed, all the ******** recievers run deep, he is left wide open and rumbles 60 yards en route to the touchdown. Same thing against Dallas when he hit thetrifecta. He runs shallow, wide open, only has to truck Newman, touchdown.

Now thats not to hold it against him, but I guess people think if he doesn't get gameplanned as a #1 how can he be #1. But him being #2 or pushing for #1at his posistion isn't farfetched though. For a 2/3 recieving option to play in a ball control offense and produce 700yrds/7-8 TD's yr in yr out isnice. Plus he's money in the red zoney. The most consistent offensive ******* player last 3 years easy.

TheGift23 wrote:

Cooley > Brett Conway,�Jose Cortez.
tongue.gif

pimp.gif

Best part is, now he has Fred Davis (who BTW, really screwed up today w/Zorn and co. by not showing up to Practice) to take some of the load off.

and
roll.gif
�@ Zorn using the practice thing�off of Madden
pimp.gif

I took this video
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Originally Posted by daDragon834

But wait if captain chaos is 2nd who is 1st?

Image00086507

laugh.gif
homie put up that Gates pic w. some confidence....too bad he didn't read

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

******** fans always get too overtly excited during the off-season for some reason, and this thread is a clear example of that. Talking about Cooley being the2nd best TE in the NFC
laugh.gif
, I don't even think he's the 2nd bestTE in his own division, but that's another story. Cooley is just average at best, nothing more and maybe a whole lot less. The opposing defensedoesn't even factor Cooley into their gameplan, like others have stated defenses for whatevea reason don't seem to care about this guy on the field. He's done okay the last few seasons, but when you got Portis, Moss, and Randle El to account for, somebody is bound to be open, and that somebody/nobody isCooley.

I think he gets underrated because it seems like defenses don't bother to cover him.
For whatever reason: Him not being a burner
Glad somebody recognizes that.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

******** fans always get too overtly excited during the off-season for some reason, and this thread is a clear example of that. Talking about Cooley being the 2nd best TE in the NFC
laugh.gif
, I don't even think he's the 2nd best TE in his own division, but that's another story. Cooley is just average at best, nothing more and maybe a whole lot less. The opposing defense doesn't even factor Cooley into their gameplan, like others have stated defenses for whatevea reason don't seem to care about this guy on the field. He's done okay the last few seasons, but when you got Portis, Moss, and Randle El to account for, somebody is bound to be open, and that somebody/nobody is Cooley.

I think he gets underrated because it seems like defenses don't bother to cover him.

laugh.gif
what a freaking hater

did u just say defenses account for Randle El over Chris Cooley? u sir have lost all credibility. whenever theres a post about the Skins everyone should makesure to ignore this guy.

did u just say defenses account for Randle El over Chris Cooley?
What part of defenses dont care about Chris Cooley didnt you understand?? Why be concerned with a guy who's 40 speed is clocked at 6.2?? IsChris Cooley a bum, not necessarily, he's good at what he does I'll give him that, but a top tier TE in the league he is not.

******** fans always get too overtly excited during the off-season for some reason, and this thread is a clear example of that. Talking about Cooley being the 2nd best TE in the NFC
laugh.gif
, I don't even think he's the 2nd best TE in his own division, but that's another story. Cooley is just average at best, nothing more and maybe a whole lot less. The opposing defense doesn't even factor Cooley into their gameplan, like others have stated defenses for whatevea reason don't seem to care about this guy on the field. He's done okay the last few seasons, but when you got Portis, Moss, and Randle El to account for, somebody is bound to be open, and that somebody/nobody is Cooley.

laugh.gif

Him not having wheels is miniscule in the grand scheme of things. Deuce, go look at his YAC then get back to me.
eek.gif
at calling him an average TE. That's nothing more than hate. Your opinion is credible right until football season rolls around.
laugh.gif
@ you thinking that defenses don't account forcooley. They just "leave" him open because they don't respect his game. He is as crisp a route runner as you'll find, and he compensatesfor his lack of speed by finding seams in the opposing defenses and utilizing his strength to gain extra yardage...again, go back to the YAC...that paints abetter picture of what Chris Cooley is all about. C'mon now bro...you can't honestly believe half the stuff you type. It's one thing to hate, butit's another to be so biased that your opinions end up looking foolish...."average" TE
roll.gif

*edit*

He's a match up problem for just about every LB in the NFL....he's got speed when it counts....as an example, the Panthers LB's/secondary gotroasted by cooley a few years back...just cause he's not running a 4.3 like vernon davis doesn't mean he's not fast on game day.

He's a match up problem for just about every DB in the NFL because of his strength (ask Terrance Newman)...

another thing...

Is Chris Cooley a bum, not necessarily, he's good at what he does I'll give him that, but a top tier TE in the league he is not.

He's a top 2-3 TE in the NFC (maybe even the best), and EASILY a top 5-7 TE in the NFL....that puts him in the top tier IMO...

out of curiosity, who is in your top 7 (10 goes too deep) as far as TE's in the NFL?

did u just say defenses account for Randle El over Chris Cooley?
What part of defenses dont care about Chris Cooley didnt you understand?? Why be concerned with a guy who's 40 speed is clocked at 6.2?? Is Chris Cooley a bum, not necessarily, he's good at what he does I'll give him that, but a top tier TE in the league he is not.

he's good at what he does? so what does that mean, cuz i must not understand that homey.

haha you mean catch TDs and drag defenders an extra 5 yards? yeah defenses aren't concerned about that.
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Him not having wheels is miniscule in the grand scheme of things. Deuce, go look at his YAC then get back to me.
eek.gif
at calling him an average TE. That's nothing more than hate. Your opinion is credible right until football season rolls around.
laugh.gif
@ you thinking that defenses don't account for cooley. They just "leave" him open because they don't respect his game. He is as crisp a route runner as you'll find, and he compensates for his lack of speed by finding seams in the opposing defenses and utilizing his strength to gain extra yardage...again, go back to the YAC...that paints a better picture of what Chris Cooley is all about. C'mon now bro...you can't honestly believe half the stuff you type. It's one thing to hate, but it's another to be so biased that your opinions end up looking foolish...."average" TE
roll.gif

*edit*

He's a match up problem for just about every LB in the NFL....he's got speed when it counts....as an example, the Panthers LB's/secondary got roasted by cooley a few years back...just cause he's not running a 4.3 like vernon davis doesn't mean he's not fast on game day.

He's a match up problem for just about every DB in the NFL because of his strength (ask Terrance Newman)...
My boy DoubleJ's, I'll give you credit for the YAC comment. I remember you brought that up in another post a few months back into footballseason. Although I think its Yards After Catch as opposed to Yards After Contact, either way its a good stat for Cooley. When I say defenses don't careabout him, I mean theres no GAMEPLAN for him because truth be told, Cooley aint going to kill no team. He's not a gamebreaker like some of the bigoffensive weapons in the league, he's just good at what he does, nothing wrong with that, but let's stop hyping this dude up like he's somethingmore than what he is. Also, I'm not too sure about Cooley's great power in strength, I can't recall him dragging nobody down the field or breakingaway from tackles like that. I think you guys are thinking about Jason Witten for some reason.

He's a top 2-3 TE in the NFC (maybe even the best), and EASILY a top 5-7 TE in the NFL....that puts him in the top tier IMO...

out of curiosity, who is in your top 7 (10 goes too deep) as far as TE's in the NFL?
Top tier to me is Top 5, I don't count 6, 7 and all that. So with that being said, here's my Top 5, in no particular order..........

1. Gates
2. Gonzalez
3. Winslow
4. Witten
5. Crumpler

Anybody else after that is subject to opinion.

Even if I were to entertain a # 6 and 7 it would be........

6. Clark
7. Shockey

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Originally Posted by daDragon834

But wait if captain chaos is 2nd who is 1st?

Image00086507

laugh.gif
homie put up that Gates pic w. some confidence....too bad he didn't read

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
@ you thinking that defenses don't account for cooley. They just "leave" him open because they don't respect his game. He is as crisp a route runner as you'll find, and he compensates for his lack of speed by finding seams in the opposing defenses and utilizing his strength to gain extra yardage...again, go back to the YAC...that paints a better picture of what Chris Cooley is all about. C'mon now bro...you can't honestly believe half the stuff you type. It's one thing to hate, but it's another to be so biased that your opinions end up looking foolish...."average" TE
roll.gif

*edit*

He's a match up problem for just about every LB in the NFL....he's got speed when it counts....as an example, the Panthers LB's/secondary got roasted by cooley a few years back...just cause he's not running a 4.3 like vernon davis doesn't mean he's not fast on game day.

My boy DoubleJ's, I'll give you credit for the YAC comment. I remember you brought that up in another post a few months back into football season. Although I think its Yards After Catch as opposed to Yards After Contact, either way its a good stat for Cooley. When I say defenses don't care about him, I mean theres no GAMEPLAN for him because truth be told, Cooley aint going to kill no team. He's not a gamebreaker like some of the big offensive weapons in the league, he's just good at what he does, nothing wrong with that, but let's stop hyping this dude up like he's something more than what he is. Also, I'm not too sure about Cooley's great power in strength, I can't recall him dragging nobody down the field or breaking away from tackles like that. I think you guys are thinking about Jason Witten for some reason.

Top tier to me is Top 5, I don't count 6, 7 and all that. So with that being said, here's my Top 5, in no particular order..........

1. Gates
2. Gonzalez
3. Winslow
4. Witten
5. Crumpler

Anybody else after that is subject to opinion.

Even if I were to entertain a # 6 and 7 it would be........

6. Clark
7. Shockey

I wanted to complain on some fanboy shh but I can't. I'm cool with Clark being 6th
laugh.gif

Crumpler top 5!!? Maybe in the early Vick era. Dude looks like Jerry O'Connell from Stand by Me. Straight sloopy.

Oh, and Cooley rarely gets taken down by the first tackler.

Back
Top Bottom