Leonardo DiCaprio Vs Denzel Washington Vol. Who's the better Actor

What I like about both actors is they didn't tarnish their career by doing something different from what they usually do. I am more partial to Leo though. I have to give the man credit. He came into this business wanting to be a serious dramatic actor and he stuck with it. Even when he did Growing Pains, he was like the rebel kids and made it more of a dramatic series at the time. Then he did Gilbert Grape and then Basketball Diaries which I love.

No hate to Denzel (Glory is one of my favorite films and he was great!) but Leo's movies are just great.

leonardo-dicaprio-esquire-cover-march-2010.jpg

He's on the new cover of Esquire as well.

It's weird I like pretty much every movie Denzel is in but Leo is probably more versatile.

Shutter Island lightweight sucked to me but Leo did a great job.

The only movie that Leo is in that I HAD to own was The Departed but but I got like 10 plus Denzel joints, I dunno.

cant believe this is still going on....i think ppl are just throwing out there opinion based on what movies they like now

like I said both are great and also like someone else said it depends heavily on the writing of the movie

some one answer me this.... Could Denzel not have played Leo's role in Gangs of New York, Blood Diamond, Body of Lies, Shutter Island and nailed it???

could leo have played Denzels role in Remember the Titans, Takin of Pelham 123, Book of Eli.....and nailed it???

we are lookin at a young leo who can play alot more roles that appeal to us cuz most of us are young....dont let that make u disregard Denzel at this point like he wouldnt have been able to pull of roles Leo did if he was in his youth

I also think Leo puts himself in a lot of movies that allows him to over act. Not saying that is a bad thing but it kind of puts his acting in more of a diverse light. Denzel recently did Taking Pelham 123 and he really didn't shine like he does in a lot of his movies and I didn't see him in Book of Eli but I doubt he was acting in a crazy drama.

With that being said...I still love Denzel when he plays those roles....

This always makes me laugh!

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

cant believe this is still going on....i think ppl are just throwing out there opinion based on what movies they like now

like I said both are great and also like someone else said it depends heavily on the writing of the movie

some one answer me this.... Could Denzel not have played Leo's role in Gangs of New York, Blood Diamond, Body of Lies, Shutter Island and nailed it???

could leo have played Denzels role in Remember the Titans, Takin of Pelham 123, Book of Eli.....and nailed it???

we are lookin at a young leo who can play alot more roles that appeal to us cuz most of us are young....dont let that make u disregard Denzel at this point like he wouldnt have been able to pull of roles Leo did if he was in his youth
No one is disregarding Denzel, he did really well in Book of Eli which is the most recent movie that was out of his comfort zone

Originally Posted by got shoes

People going in on Denzel. What has the world come to. lol

according to him he's too black to kiss julia roberts in a movie.......lets see him in a movie do some african accents............like leo in blood diamond 
pimp.gif

Give Leo 10 years to his age and he could easily do Titans and Book of Eli. Especially Pelham, Denzel coasted through that. They'd just be different movies with Leo (except for BoE).

So it's no different with a young Denz doing some of Leo's role.

These are 2 actors pretty hard to compare even with their lengthy resumes.

according to him he's too black to kiss julia roberts in a movie.......lets see him in a movie do some african accents............like leo in blood diamond
pimp.gif
So you guys haven't seen For Queen & Country (Denzel with British accent) or Cry Freedom (Denzel with a South African accent) but will proceed to just talk ignorantly out ya ***

:smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom