Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
There is something going on with LBJ to not wear these for an entire game.

And I am so content to sit back and what to see the reason why.

Didn't say it was, just saying never gonna get a great fit with foam until he makes the concession that he can not wear a new shoe every single. Case and point, cousins sticking with the TW. It's luxury to switch every game but not a necessity and in the case a hinder since to say the least. These do have a break in period and without the appropriate time it's never going to reach that desired level of comfort. That's the only fact we know , everything else everyone is stating is pure speculation unless they have spoke to Lj directly.

Didn't say it was, just saying never gonna get a great fit with foam until he makes the concession that he can not wear a new shoe every single. Case and point, cousins sticking with the TW. It's luxury to switch every game but not a necessity and in the case a hinder since to say the least. These do have a break in period and without the appropriate time it's never going to reach that desired level of comfort. That's the only fact we know , everything else everyone is stating is pure speculation unless they have spoke to Lj directly.

just not sure what your point is then. foam or no foam shoes take a little bit to break in. I referenced the 4 because it was also foam based and he never had to make the concession.

the whole foam forms to your foot is exaggerated nonsense

every shoe feels better after consistent wear

and who says cousins is wearing the same exact pair every game?

Cracks me up to see the negative responses about the shoe that are backed by lebron not wearing them despite so many other NBA/NCAA players lacing them up. Clearly they must not have heard LJ isn't wearing them cause they aren't a good bball shoe. Such amateurs..Maybe someone should fill them in about niketalk.
smile.gif
Clearly only one person says it has Godly traction. Everyone else thinks it is made for casual wear and not basketball shoes, even though one person who has been balling in Kobe 8's ALL YEAR has now switched over to balling in strictly LeBron XI's... I wonder why......

Last edited:
Can anyone answer the question on the home cw? White upper with red posite? Or black posite?

Black posite I'm in..

Cracks me up to see the negative responses about the shoe that are backed by lebron not wearing them despite so many other NBA/NCAA players lacing them up. Clearly they must not have heard LJ isn't wearing them cause they aren't a good bball shoe. Such amateurs..Maybe someone should fill them in about niketalk. :smile:

Clearly only one person says it has Godly traction. Everyone else thinks it is made for casual wear and not basketball shoes, even though one person who has been balling in Kobe 8's ALL YEAR has now switched over to balling in strictly LeBron XI's... I wonder why......
Nah...there have clearly been other people in here who've balled in the XIs and think they're built for basketball, not just casual wear.

It's just that the one person who's said these have "Godly traction" was also the dude who said the Dunkman would overtake the Jumpman in 10 years, the Kobe 8 Milk Boas are the cousins of the Jordan VI Carmines, the XIs help him dunk significantly better, etc, etc...

For basketball purposes I find the XIs to be good shoes. The fit and comfort are all very good. Shoes formed to my feet very quickly. Traction has been good for me on good to somewhat dusty courts. My only issue with the performance of the shoes is the cushioning. I'm not a fan of Lunarlon because it feels too marshmellowy/mushy to me. The XIs are definitely better with the bottom loaded zoom. They feel great for casual wear and light to moderate hoop action. Unfortunately, the cushioning is still mushier than I like and doesn't work for me for intense hoop sessions. This should get better with extended break in since the lunarlon will pack out over time. I just don't want to pay $200 for a shoe that takes a long time for the cushioning to break in. This is just my preference and I can understand why some players would love this cushioning setup. I will keep breaking in my pair but will be playing most of my ball in my zoom only shoes.

Overall, I absolutely love the shoe for ball. I really don't want to play in anything else. I have some wider feet so I got a half size up and the containment with the foamposite has been great. It's still really flexible, as well. Only thing I'll say is you don't really feel too much of the zoom at first because of how thick the lunarlon is, but as it softens up more I expect to feel more of the zoom as you move along. Regardless, the cushion, fit, and support are awesome. Traction is the only aspect I would say could use some improvement, but as it is right now, it's not bad at all. Just remember the rubber is pretty thin so switching to an XDR pair if possible might be a good move. I just got the TW with the XDR sole so I'm curious to see if the traction acts differently.

Can anyone answer the question on the home cw? White upper with red posite? Or black posite?

Black posite I'm in..
I don't think anyone really knows at this point.  We saw him in a white w/black posite "home" looking shoe in the Samsung commercial, and he wore the white w/red posite "home" looking shoe on court a few games back.  The color code says white/light crimson/black but we can't be sure that is referring to the posite material. 

Last edited:
Nah...there have clearly been other people in here who've balled in the XIs and think they're built for basketball, not just casual wear.

It's just that the one person who's said these have "Godly traction" was also the dude who said the Dunkman would overtake the Jumpman in 10 years, the Kobe 8 Milk Boas are the cousins of the Jordan VI Carmines, the XIs help him dunk significantly better, etc, etc...
Just like sleep is the cousin of death. Why can't Milks be cousin of Carmines?

The padding in the XI grips your feet with outstanding support. It makes the explosion when you leap up into the air a lot more drastic, thus helping your vertical leap.

When I drive the ball to the rim in the Kobe 8's, it just isn't the same as when I am driving the ball going for a layup in the 11's (hence TRACTION/GRIP-- that's the difference). It makes me FASTER than other people on court.  It is what it is, I am just saying that the XI's are beast on court and anyone who tries to argue about it with me I already know must not really be balling in them and just hating.  haters gonna hate....

Last edited:
The cushioning seems to be an acquired taste. I like the Lunarlon with the full length zoom because it's cushioned as hell, and even when the lunarlon breaks down and bottoms out, you'll still have the full length zoom under it. To me the $200 price point is totally worth it because the shoe will last long as hell, and the only thing to be careful with is really the traction because it's just so thin.

Just like sleep is the cousin of death. Why can't the Boas be the cousin of the Carmines?
The padding in the XI grips your feet with outstanding support. It makes the explosion when you leap up into the air a lot more drastic, thus helping your vertical leap.  When I drive the ball to the rim in the Kobe 8's, it just isn't the same as when I am driving the ball going for a layup in the 11's (hence TRACTION/GRIP that's the difference). It makes me FASTER than other people on court.  It is what it is, I am just saying that the XI's are pretty beast on court and anyone who tries to argue about it with me I already know must not really be balling in them and just hating.  haters gonna hate....

I don't know what's better... That analogy at the top? Or dat shin feel when shooting freethrows? :lol:

No but seriously I enjoy your over the top praise of the shoe. Balances out all the complaints about them.

I've been playing in the XI's for about 3 and half months now and I would still characterize the traction as "decent."  I said in my initial review that it was a small "improvement" for the LeBron line, because the traction on the X wasn't good, but still lacking in comparison to other shoes like the AJ XX8 and others.  I still think that is pretty accurate after 3 plus months.  I do think the way the outsole wraps around the shoe (without the presence of an air bag in the way) can be advantageous for certain explosive movements, so in that regard I believe it's a small improvement over the X and X elite, but again compared to other shoes out there it's not going win any traction competitions, as there are better out there. I still think the traction pattern of the 8's were the best of the line so far.  Just my thoughts.   

I don't know what's better... That analogy at the top? Or dat shin feel when shooting freethrows?
laugh.gif

No but seriously I enjoy your over the top praise of the shoe. Balances out all the complaints about them.
Lace your XI's all the way up to the top, tighten the laces up hard.  Bend your knees like you're gonna shoot a free throw, DAT FEEL THO.... feels good.

When I was playing Twenty-one with the homies, I felt that feel for the first time when I went to the free throw and swished 3 in a row. great focus. Love that feeling of making swishes and feeling that tight padding on my shin.

Last edited:
pics of the padding on your shin?

did it come with the special edition packaging? neither of my brons have dat pad yo.

So Eastbay posted their dropping the TWs on 11/26 but its 11/27 at NDC and FTL

Conflicting info or is this how they're releasing them?

This might've been mentioned, I'm not sure. Maybe Lebron isn't wearing the XI a ton because he feels like a lot of us thought upon initial impression, they look like something in his Soldier line as opposed to his signature line. I guess nobody really knows, would be cool if Lebron himself addressed the situation. Elevengate has taken on a life of its own and only building with each game he wears the X...

Just like sleep is the cousin of death. Why can't Milks be cousin of Carmines?

The padding in the XI grips your feet with outstanding support. It makes the explosion when you leap up into the air a lot more drastic, thus helping your vertical leap.
When I drive the ball to the rim in the Kobe 8's, it just isn't the same as when I am driving the ball going for a layup in the 11's (hence TRACTION/GRIP-- that's the difference). It makes me FASTER than other people on court.  It is what it is, I am just saying that the XI's are beast on court and anyone who tries to argue about it with me I already know must not really be balling in them and just hating.  haters gonna hate....
I never thought about it that way, but you might be onto something with that analogy...:lol:

If the XIs do all that for you, more power to you man lol

just not sure what your point is then. foam or no foam shoes take a little bit to break in. I referenced the 4 because it was also foam based and he never had to make the concession.
My point is this that the material is foamposite, and yes all shoes require break in, however foam requires a greater break in period, than the other materials found on all models since the 4s which were 7 years ago when Lebron was younger and more resilient. 7 years of playing in the NBA, running, jumping, landing with a great amount of weight on his feet have past and they are not in the same shape they were at that time. Therefore, he in fact may need to make the concession that he is older and his body has seen more abuse than it had at a younger stage in his career, including.... You guessed it, HIS FEET. These are the only facts we know. That foam takes a while to break in, that he wants to wear a new shoe every single game, and that he is in fact (like it or not) getting older. Yet everyone and their brother on here seems to have first hand information of why it does not work for him, and therefore it's a terrible shoe for basketball and some even going as far as to say JP needs to go, because obviously they must just be a horrible shoe bball all together right? Oh wait, except for the countless NBA/NCAA players who are playing in them at a much higher level than most any NT'ers, but they clearly have no clue about what constitutes a good bball shoe because they don't sit and quabble back and forth all day long on Internet forums about shoes and instead they actually play in the things as they were intended to be used.

Back
Top Bottom