LeBron Haters Call To Arms! (The Haters Unification Thread)

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

GET. OVER. IT. We won the ship. Yall didn't. You're the biggest %*@%%*$ hater on this board.

Yall scrubs woulda got waxed again anyway. Enjoy your offseason wondering if Rose will be the same player while we celebrate
pimp.gif

Nobody gives a damn about your POLL. Son posted a ONLINE POLL.
laugh.gif

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. BULLS LOST IN THE FIRST ROUND. How does it feel to know that team you hate the most just won the damn title while your favorite player is in a damn leg brace. Go cry in a corner.

LeBronTrophy.gif

untitled-19ysbl3.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Well, you have no one else to blame for them not meeting in the finals than your main man Kobe himself for chucking and ball hogging away any opportunity the Lakers had of beating the Thunder.
chucking and Ball hogging the opportunity away..? He was thee only reason they had a chance...  did you not watch Kobe's teammates play this postseason... DID YOU NOT?
Dudes teammates couldnt execute or hit anything  dudes had no heart.. Kobe would be the only one down 15 in the 4th and kept trying to win it himself.. stop it...

im a laker fan and watch kobe ballhog turnover choke away two games in that thunder series all by himself...
just face it kobe is past his prime...

So who besides Kobe couldve won it for the Lakeshow? I know not Lazy Brat Bynum and/or Pass it to the other team Pau?
Barnes? None of those guys helped the team.. And the thing is Kobe as overlooked still would dish it off to open teammates who'd either turn it over or miss the shot...

Kobe is thee sole reason the Lakers even had a chance of advancing.. 

face it? son is 33 yrs of age in his 16th season.. Ur telling me things myself and the world know... But he was still the only reason the Lakers had a chance.. Whether he hit his shots or not... He ws going to be the one going down fighting.. something you cant say for Pau or Bynum or anyone else on that team

To say he was ball hoggin and cost yall the series... He had to and was the reason why you guys had a chance... %+%# was sad to watch..

^ Lakers were 10-1 in the final stretch of the regular season with Kobe out.  Bynum and Gasol both played like All NBA First Teamers and the ball movement was much better.  Not saying the Lakers are a better team without Kobe but dude doesnt make any of his teammates better by shooting 30+ times a game and trying to do everything himself.  Only way he affects the game is by scoring so that is all he tries to do.  

I wont argue ball movement but in the OKC series... The bigs were a big reason why they couldnt keep up with the thunder... They were getting ousted by the thunder inside who many say has a weaker frontline than the Lakers.. Bynum being Bynum and Pau passing up shots/not being aggressive enough/turning it over...

At the end of the day the Lakers gave up and played dumb basketball and Kobe was left to dry for better or for worse.. but he was there... And he was thee only chance they had in the OKC series..

To flat out say he choked himself and completely lost the series for them is wild to me...

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

I wont argue ball movement but in the OKC series... The bigs were a big reason why they couldnt keep up with the thunder... They were getting ousted by the thunder inside who many say has a weaker frontline than the Lakers.. Bynum being Bynum and Pau passing up shots/not being aggressive enough/turning it over...

At the end of the day the Lakers gave up and played dumb basketball and Kobe was left to dry for better or for worse.. but he was there... And he was thee only chance they had in the OKC series..

To flat out say he choked himself and completely lost the series for them is wild to me...
This is the logic that Lebron haters use.  But when you use the same logic against a Lebron hater, it somehow doesnt flow to them.  Not directed to you btw.

Laker fan here....  Miami still only got 2 
laugh.gif
   LeBron, that's still 1 
laugh.gif
  and it came after 9 years in the league, lol what a tool.  You still got long way to go...

na, i'm playin... 
tongue.gif

Congrats to LeBron and the heat.  Dude went through a lot of adversity and hate to get to where he is now. 
pimp.gif
  Enjoy this Heat/LeBron fans

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

How many of you are actually from Miami though?

....so immature and childish. where is it written that someone has to be from and area to be a fan? grow up.

James climbs all-time greats ladder
That howling sound you heard was the monkey being thrown off LeBron James' back and into the path of an oncoming locomotive.

Like he said, it's about damn time.

With apologies to the ASPCA, these past two weeks were the defining career moment for the best player of his generation. Yes, the best. There can be no doubt any longer, as the lack of a championship was the one giant asterisk that allowed others into the discussion.

So as Miami holds its first title celebration since July of 2010 ("Not one, not two, not three ..."), it's time to take a step back and look at the bigger view: Where does this put James in history, and where might it lead to him eventually ranking amongst the greats?

It's hard to overstate how much the past two weeks have changed the perception of James, both in terms of where he stands among his peers and his place in the game's pantheon of greats.

People forget this now, but it was barely two weeks ago that the soundtrack to Miami's season was a 9-year-old kid shrieking "Good job! Good effort!" after the Heat sleepwalked through a Game 5 home loss to Boston. That loss left them on the brink of elimination and ushered in a new round of psychological evaluations from the world's armchair shrinks.

All James did since then was average 32.7 points, 11.1 rebounds and 6.3 assists on 51 percent shooting, leading his team to six wins in seven games en route to the championship. He was a man possessed, as Clay Bennett might say.

And he was at his most pathologically locked-in during the darkest moment, that fateful sixth game in Boston when James single-handedly tore apart the Celtics with 45 points. James said afterward that he'd succeeded this season by rediscovering the "joy" in his game, but he had all the glee of a serial killer on that night and it provided the turning point of his career.

Nobody will ever question his "closer" credentials again, not after he made all the big plays in these last six wins -- including clutch bailout 3s from several feet behind the line in Game 7 of the conference finals and Game 4 of the Finals. (Perhaps now that he's a certified closer[emoji]174[/emoji]", he'll feel liberated to take horrible 30-foot hero shots with impunity, like Paul Pierce or Kobe Bryant.) That's a pretty stark contrast to February, when everybody piled on him for not taking a wild jack at the end of the All-Star Game. The freaking All-Star Game.

Instead, James' new legacy is one of the most amazing top-to-bottom seasons in NBA annals. Amazingly, virtually nobody discussed this while it was happening; that's how all-consuming the will-he-choke-or-won't-he meme became. In the modern history of the league, the only seasons that can really compare are Shaquille O'Neal's first championship season with the Lakers and Michael Jordan's first three championships with the Bulls. Everything else is orders of magnitude below.

Check it out: James led the league in PER by a wide margin at 30.80, the 10th-best mark of the post-merger era. In the playoffs, he kept it up with a 30.39, which was doubly amazing because the competition in the postseason is so much tougher. It goes without saying that he led the league in both regular-season and playoff PER, and did so by wide margins. He also had the best adjusted plus-minus in the postseason, and nearly the best in the regular season.

He wasn't just the best player in the league; he dominated it from start to finish, in a way only three players had done in the past four decades. Jordan. Shaq. LeBron. That's the list.

Similarly, we are now forced to contemplate James' status as an all-timer, both when we consider the body of work and what he might add to it. By any analysis, LeBron is pretty darned high on the list.

Let's start with the numbers. According to basketball-reference.com, James' career PER is the second-best all time, trailing only Jordan's. Two caveats come with that: First, it is basically a post-merger stat since we don't have turnovers, blocks and steals for the older generation; and second, it's destined to go down a bit once he gets into his past-prime years.

The big asterisk with LeBron, however, has always been the playoffs. History says they haven't been as bad as you think. Jordan trumps him on this metric, and so do Shaq and Tim Duncan, leaving James a distant fourth in career playoff PER. Nonetheless, he outranks a pretty formidable list of talents, including guys with names like Earvin, Larry and Kobe. He also has the best single-season playoff PER ever, again by a wide margin: a ridiculous 37.43 in 2009 (check it out).

Of course, he's been the best player in the game for a while, he just hadn't backed it up in June until now. James had won three of the past four MVP awards, and the one exception was immediately called into question after James suffocated Chicago's Derrick Rose in the 2011 Eastern Conference finals. In two of his three MVP years his team also had the NBA's best record, and in the third it won the championship.

Want more? James has become one of only three players in the post-merger era (Jordan and Shaq are the others) with multiple seasons of PER greater than 30 (he has three), and this year joined those two as the only ones with multiple seasons of playoff PER greater than 30 (minimum 10 games).

In other words, if you ended his career today, at the age of 27, James is already in select company. Only 20 players have at least one MVP and one championship; only 16 have done it with multiples of one or the other. And virtually none of them did it while dominating to the extent James did. If LeBron retired tomorrow, he'll have had a top-10 all-time career.

To put it another way: In terms of players you could genuinely compare to James, even at this point, who is there? The one player lots of people use is another guy who had to leave Ohio to get his championship ring, Oscar Robertson, but the Big O had just one MVP and one championship, and the latter didn't come until he was near the end of his career.

Moreover, James can still add to his take. And the "not one, not two, not three ..." boast applies just as much to his MVP collection as it does to the championships. Voter fatigue is the biggest threat James faces to getting a ridiculous MVP haul. Jordan won five and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar a record six; matching those totals looks very attainable now, especially since voters can't hold his postseason failures against him anymore.

The ring is the harder thing, but as everybody is pointing out, Jordan was older when he finally broke through. Nonetheless, now that they've seen how hard it was to get just one, the Heat would probably reconsider that boast from their over-the-top welcome party in July 2010.

There's that Jordan comparison again, but I'd argue Shaq is the better comparison. Like Shaq, James is a physical freak of nature, got swept in a trip to the Finals, changed to a glamour market as a free agent, and had to endure some serious drama and questionings in his first title run (anybody remember Game 7 against Portland?) before finally breaking through.

Shaq won only one MVP award but is LeBron's contemporary in many of the statistical charts when we start talking about 30-plus PER seasons and playoff runs. And, of course, his total of four championships seems a decent enough bar for the "over" for LeBron.

But even in that comparison, James comes out ahead -- he's been more consistent, more durable and a better teammate.

So at the end of the day, it's scary to think how highly LeBron may rank in the pantheon. He has work to do, but it's not unreasonable to think he may go down as the second-best player of all time behind Jordan. Nobody else is going to match his combination of peak value, durability and (likely) longevity; the thing he was always missing was a championship.

He's got one now, and it may be the first of several. Good job, good effort, indeed.

let's see if he can do it again....

but I am curious to see how much he can elevate his game even more with the weight off his shoulders....

Can't believe people actually believe if Rose was healthy they would have beat the Heatles. Did yall not watch last year's Eastern Conference Finals? Lebron destroyed that fraudulent so called MVP. Now just think about how much better this Heat team is than last year.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

....so immature and childish. where is it written that someone has to be from and area to be a fan? grow up.

Yup, struck a nerve. It's ok for kids to bandwagon because they don't know better, but grown men? Nah

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Yup, struck a nerve. It's ok for kids to bandwagon because they don't know better, but grown men? Nah

...wait? lets get this straight, so you're saying a person has to root for their hometeam? if a person if from Chicago they can only root for Chicago teams?

.....i guess. thing is a real grown adult has more important things to worry about really.

......there is no nerve to be struck. i do however find your mindset amusing in a sad way. you still have yet to show me where one can view these rules
nerd.gif
. is there some rule book that can be purchased? is it online somewhere? 

Originally Posted by dyyhard

let's see if he can do it again....

but I am curious to see how much he can elevate his game even more with the weight off his shoulders....

Scary thing is Lebron is just touching his prime

LeBron "I can finally say that I'm a champion, and I did it the right way. I didn't shortcut anything."

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

If the Bulls can knock the Heat out next postseason, I think that'll mean Bron was sold a fake ring.

gem-diamond.jpg

Rose must have been sold a fake mvp trophy last year

Back
Top Bottom