Lamar Odom done with Dallas

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Look at these articles...

How can people defend this guy? Like I've said before in this thread, he doesn't deserve to wear an NBA jersey ever again. 
I couldn't care less about his personal life or whatever he's going through... if you can't come to work with a HALFWAY decent frame of mind then you will get fired. This goes for every blue collar/white collar profession on earth. He's gettng paid what... like 8-9 million and was traded to the DEFENDING champs with MARK CUBAN as an owner and this is how he acts? Screw him.. I'll bet there are hundreds of amateur ballers that would pay to be given a simple chance in the League, maybe even a 10 day contract, and this clown gets 9 mill year and comes on the court with personal problems?? 
roll.gif

I would be disgusted if the lakers took him back... 

....and there you have it.

...speaks volumes really.

You misunderstood my statement. Read it again.
I'm saying as a professional NBA player making millions a year, his personal life and off court problems should not affect his mindset on the court as much as, and as often as it has in Dallas. 

He doesn't even TRY.... no damns given in Dallas one bit. 9 million a year, doesn't care or lift a FINGER for the Mavericks. how can you guys defend this guy's actions... really.

...what you call defending this guys actions, i call placing things into perspective.

....9 million dollars aside. if you personally lost your grandmother, your 6 month old child, 2 cousins, father seriously ill (possibly to HIV), got demoted, then transfered from a position/place you love, and happened to be a passenger of a vehicle that killed a pedestrian on the way to another funeral, all in 6 years time, how would you personally deal with it? again, money aside. and this is you, the average joe.

Originally Posted by AG 47

I just don't think he deserves a roster spot in the NBA as long as his mental state is as fragile as it's shown to be in dallas.

That's cool. My comments were in reference to everyone including yourself calling him a mental ****** because the GAME of basketball wasn't a priority in his life. Obviously his production didn't match his salary so Dallas let him go...I have zero problems with that from the Mavericks perspective. It's everybody in here acting like they've never had a down day....or that money magically makes up for the death of KEY family members. How about we paid you $350k every other week but instead killed your mom, grandmom, first born, cousin, and then put your father on your death bed and see how you react? Paid or not, the dude is human after all and we should/can show some sympathy about that, if nothing else.

But he has my sympathy though, just not my respect. I feel sorry for him like you would feel sorry for anyone who's had close family members die. But this was the same situation when he was in LA too right? But he was balling in LA, 6th man, points rebounds everything. What happened? Oooooh, boo hoo he was trade bait in a deal with Chris Freaking PAUL and got his feelings hurt.... and now I'm supposed to feel bad for him because he can't play in his favorite city after he asked for the trade himself?? naaahhhh....

if his head wasn't in it, he should have taken a break earlier and just said no. who knows what happened. maybe the mavs asked him if he was in it and were being patient. but he needed to give them a notice if he wasn't able to play
he never bought in to the thought of playing for the mavs or any other team.  yea, i know he is dealing with personal issues, but it's hard for his teammates to trust him if he shows no desire to play.  no doubt the players got along with him, but on the court it was disappointing watching him play.

I like Odom as a player and I know he's been through a lot in his life but how can anyone defend him for this season?

Man up and be professional my dude. You know how many dudes would kill to be in his position in life

....and there you have it.

...speaks volumes really.

You misunderstood my statement. Read it again.
I'm saying as a professional NBA player making millions a year, his personal life and off court problems should not affect his mindset on the court as much as, and as often as it has in Dallas. 

He doesn't even TRY.... no damns given in Dallas one bit. 9 million a year, doesn't care or lift a FINGER for the Mavericks. how can you guys defend this guy's actions... really.

...what you call defending this guys actions, i call placing things into perspective.

....9 million dollars aside. if you personally lost your grandmother, your 6 month old child, 2 cousins, father seriously ill (possibly to HIV), got demoted, then transfered from a position/place you love, and happened to be a passenger of a vehicle that killed a pedestrian on the way to another funeral, all in 6 years time, how would you personally deal with it? again, money aside. and this is you, the average joe.

Check this, everything that you've just stated can also be applied to his tenure here in LA as a laker where he won 6th man of the year and was a key factor in the Laker's 09 -10 rings.... except for one thing.
He gets considered for a trade with Chris Paul (arguable the best PG in the game) and gets his feelings hurt? What, did he think he was going to stay in LA forever? Did he think we were just giving him away for rags? How is that a demotion? It's not, because the trade didn't even go through, but his feelings got so hurt that he himself asked for a trade, so the Lakers sent him to the defending NBA champions with a proven roster and one hell of a coach in Carlisle and what does he do... he pisses on the fans, pisses on Cuban, and pisses all over his team mates after welcoming him into Dallas. 

The only "new" problem he had to deal with was getting traded to the defending NBA champs. Boooo hooo cry me a river.. 

Like I've already said, I hope he gets his mind right and is able to live a prosperous life. I don't wish harm or foul on anybody on earth but please, please get this guy out of the NBA. the fans deserve better. 

exactly, the entire mavs organization has been extremely supportive
and how does this bum repay them? +*!%$ on everyone's face

I just don't think he deserves a roster spot in the NBA as long as his mental state is as fragile as it's shown to be in dallas.

That's cool. My comments were in reference to everyone including yourself calling him a mental ****** because the GAME of basketball wasn't a priority in his life. Obviously his production didn't match his salary so Dallas let him go...I have zero problems with that from the Mavericks perspective. It's everybody in here acting like they've never had a down day....or that money magically makes up for the death of KEY family members. How about we paid you $350k every other week but instead killed your mom, grandmom, first born, cousin, and then put your father on your death bed and see how you react? Paid or not, the dude is human after all and we should/can show some sympathy about that, if nothing else.

But he has my sympathy though, just not my respect. I feel sorry for him like you would feel sorry for anyone who's had close family members die. But this was the same situation when he was in LA too right? But he was balling in LA, 6th man, points rebounds everything. What happened? Oooooh, boo hoo he was trade bait in a deal with Chris Freaking PAUL and got his feelings hurt.... and now I'm supposed to feel bad for him because he can't play in his favorite city after he asked for the trade himself?? naaahhhh....

That's your choice and you're obviously entitled to feel that way, but his cousin was killed this past summer and while visiting that funeral, his driver hit and killed a kid (terrible luck man). Not t mention his father basically on his death bed now. So to say things would have been fine and dandy in LA is not being fair to the situation. I think it would have been better if he wasn't traded, but I'm pretty sure he'd still be reeling and his play would be affected.

The only "new" problem he had to deal with was getting traded to the defending NBA champs. Boooo hooo cry me a river..

False. See the above.

That's your choice and you're obviously entitled to feel that way, but his cousin was killed this past summer and while visiting that funeral, his driver hit and killed a kid (terrible luck man). Not t mention his father basically on his death bed now. So to say things would have been fine and dandy in LA is not being fair to the situation. I think it would have been better if he wasn't traded, but I'm pretty sure he'd still be reeling and his play would be affected.

False. See the above.
I was not aware of this. 
tired.gif

But nevertheless, my position is still the same. If you can't perform on an NBA court, much less even TRY to perform on an NBA court, then that stage is no longer meant for you. I hope he takes time off to organize his life and get stable again. I think the pressures of the NBA won't allow him the time needed to get his life together. Sad story.

^Definitely agree. He needs time. I think both sides did the right thing for their perspective interests.

What are the odds Odom is sitting courtside during tomorrow's Lakers-Mavs game?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom