lal.gif
Lakers[/h1]
Preview Conversation

10:30 PM ET, November 29, 2007
Staples Center, Los Angeles , CA
TNT

[h2]Nuggets-Lakers Preview[/h2]
[table][tr][td]AccuScore Projections[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
AccuScore has powered more than 10,000 simulations for every NBA game for ESPN.com, each simulated one play at a time and minimum of 10,000 times. For more, visit AccuScore.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Gameday Matchup[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]W-L[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PA[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]STK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DEN[/td] [td]9-6[/td] [td]105.5[/td] [td]100.3[/td] [td]6-2[/td] [td]3-4[/td] [td]L2[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LAL[/td] [td]8-6[/td] [td]105.2[/td] [td]100.8[/td] [td]5-3[/td] [td]3-3[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]2007-08 Season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Series tied 0-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov 29, 2007[/td] [td]DEN @ LAL[/td] [td]10:30 PM ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec 5, 2007[/td] [td]LAL @ DEN[/td] [td]9:00 PM ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jan 21, 2008[/td] [td]DEN @ LAL[/td] [td]10:30 PM ET[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Injury Report[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DENVER[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Mike Wilks PG - Nov 28: Day-to-Day
·
Linas Kleiza GF - Nov 28: Day-to-Day
·
Kenyon Martin PF - Nov 26: Day-to-Day
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LOS ANGELES[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No significant injuries[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Fantasy Injury News
in.gif

· View NBA injury report[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Last 5 Games[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DENVER (ET)[/td] [td]LOS ANGELES (ET)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov 27 IND Loss 112-110
Nov 24 @HOU Loss
109-81
Nov 23 MIN Win
99-93
Nov 21 @LAC Loss
101-90
Nov 20 CHI Win
112-91
[/td] [td]Nov 27 SEA Win 106-99
Nov 25 NJ Loss
102-100
Nov 23 @BOS Loss
107-94
Nov 21 @MIL Loss
110-103
Nov 20 @IND Win
134-114
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Complete Schedule: Denver | Los Angeles[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Depth Chart[/td] [/tr][tr][td]POS[/td] [td]DENVER (PPG)[/td] [td]LOS ANGELES (PPG)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PG��������[/td] [td]A. Iverson23.7[/td] [td]
. Fisher
12.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SG��������[/td] [td]J. Smith11.2[/td] [td]K. Bryant27.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SF��������[/td] [td]C. Anthony25.2[/td] [td]L. Odom13.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PF��������[/td] [td]K. Martin8.6[/td] [td]R. Turiaf7.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]C��������[/td] [td]M. Camby9.6[/td] [td]K. Brown4.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· View full depth chart
· Team rosters:
Denver | Los Angeles[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Team Stat Leaders[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]DENVER[/td] [td]LOS ANGELES[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Points[/td] [td]C. Anthony 25.2[/td] [td]K. Bryant 27.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rebounds[/td] [td]M. Camby 14.8[/td] [td]A. Bynum 10.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Assists[/td] [td]A. Iverson 7.3[/td] [td]K. Bryant 4.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steals[/td] [td]A. Carter 3.3[/td] [td]K. Bryant 1.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Blocks[/td] [td]M. Camby 3.5[/td] [td]A. Bynum 1.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Team stats: Denver | Los Angeles[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Today's Line[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FAVORITE[/td] [td]OPEN[/td] [td]CUR[/td] [td]UNDERDOG[/td] [td]O/U[/td] [/tr][tr][td]@LOS ANGELES[/td] [td]-5[/td] [td]-0[/td] [td]DENVER[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ATS[/td] [td]Denver[/td] [td]Los Angeles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Record:[/td] [td]9-6-0 (.600)[/td] [td]8-6-0 (.571)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]As Favorite:[/td] [td]8-4-0 (.667)[/td] [td]5-2-0 (.714)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]As Underdog:[/td] [td]1-2-0 (.333)[/td] [td]3-4-0 (.429)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Home:[/td] [td]6-2-0 (.750)[/td] [td]5-3-0 (.625)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]On Road:[/td] [td]3-4-0 (.429)[/td] [td]3-3-0 (.500)[/td] [/tr][/table]

STATS LLC

The Denver Nuggets were one of the hottest offensive teams in the NBA when they made their first trip to Staples Center. Since then, they've been one of the coldest.
The Nuggets look to snap out of their offensive funk when they visit the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday in a matchup of two of the NBA's highest-scoring teams. Denver (9-6) took a six-game win streak into Los Angeles when it faced the Clippers on Nov. 21. The Nuggets shot 50.3 percent in winning those six games by an average of 20.8 points, but shot just 39.1 percent and lost 101-90 to the Clippers. That was the first of four straight games in which Denver has shot worse than 40.0 percent from the field, with the Nuggets dropping three of those contests. On Tuesday, the Nuggets gave up the first 15 points and trailed 21-3 against Indiana before rallying to get back into the game. They led by as many as seven late in the third quarter, but eventually fell 112-110. Injury-plagued Denver lost the lead while missing seven of its first eight shots in the fourth quarter and trailed the rest of the way. "We got behind so much in the beginning, and we had to use so much energy trying to get back into the game, being so short-handed, it was tough on us," said Denver guard Allen Iverson, who had 26 points, eight assists and seven rebounds but shot 6-for-21 from the field. Carmelo Anthony added 25 points and seven rebounds, but missed 12 of 21 shots. He's shooting 50.5 percent in the Nuggets' nine wins, but 35.5 percent in their six losses. Despite their recent shooting woes, the Nuggets are still among the league leaders in scoring at 105.5 points per game. The Lakers are just behind them with 105.2. Los Angeles (8-6) snapped a three-game skid with a 106-99 victory over Seattle on Tuesday. The Lakers nearly blew a 14-point fourth-quarter lead, but held on to win for the fourth time in five home games. "I didn't like the way we finished up," coach Phil Jackson said. "We had a 15-point lead, then we were wandering around defensively and started doing some things I didn't like. "It's the sign of a young team that's still unbridled and still undisciplined. I'm not happy with that game, but it was a win." Kobe Bryant had 35 points, eight rebounds and six assists, and passed Bernard King for 32nd place on the all-time scoring list. Bryant has 19,686 points, 25 behind John Stockton in 31st. The Nuggets could get a boost from Kenyon Martin if the oft-injured forward is able to return Thursday. Martin, who has undergone microfracture surgery on both knees the last two years, missed Denver's last game with another knee injury. An MRI on Monday revealed only a bone bruise, and he is day-to-day. After losing their first game against the Lakers last season while Anthony was serving a league suspension, the Nuggets went on to win the teams' next three meetings. Anthony averaged 30.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 1.7 steals in those games. Bryant, meanwhile, averaged 23.8 points on 38.2 percent shooting in the four games against the Nuggets last season.

did you see how it says that the Lakers have 'no significant injuries'?
laugh.gif

I thought Kwame was injured?
laugh.gif
they don't give a damn about Kwame Brown
grin.gif

Nuggs been playing terrible as of late. How do we lose to Indiana at home?

Even Michael Finley has this look like, "You idiots. That ain't Tony Parker next to me. Idiots."
laugh.gif

I hope Iverson gets 97 (for my fantasy team) and we win.
smile.gif

is it just me that thinks the Ariza trade had a negative affect on our bench??
i think it took out the good rhythm that they had.

23ska909red02 wrote:
Even Michael Finley has this look like, "You idiots. That ain't Tony Parker next to me. Idiots."
laugh.gif

I hope Iverson gets 97 (for my fantasy team) and we win.
smile.gif

whatever keeps the ball out of Melo's hands
wink.gif

^ The Lakers are.

Team defense > individual

Who guarded Nash and Marion and STAT when we ran them out of PHX?

The Lakers guarded them.
smile.gif

^We also had Kwame.

Yeah your right though, if we can get Melo into foul trouble early then we'll throw them off and have a good chance to win.

this game's going to be tough.
hopefully bynum can get a hold of some boards with the beast named camby in the middle.
lamar NEEDS to step his game up.
we need to limit kleiza and smith going off on us from 3 point land.
contain melo and ai.
lets go lakers!

ps. i am with ska on this one as well.
i hope camby grabs 20 boards and ai dishes out 10 assists and 30 points for my fantasy squad.
and the lakers still win.
laugh.gif

This should be an easy win for the Nuggs. But for some reason I see them struggling.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom